logo
Old 04-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by coaster
Yakkin!
Christchurch New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
49 Posts
CMAC Website/Fun Police

Any of you CMAC Members out there know what happened to the sweet site that one of our members created?. I read in our last newsletter that something was being done about an "unofficial Website", Have the fun police struck again?. What is happening to our club? seems that any interest in RC (Apart from all things vintage) is slowly and subtly being marginalised and made to feel unwelcome. Any comments?. Havnt been able to get out to the field much lately and dont really feel all that enthusiastic about going out there as i get quite a negative feeling from a lot of the "older" set.

Pete.
coaster is offline Find More Posts by coaster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Find More Posts by NZ Scythe
Chch, New Zealand
Joined May 2006
254 Posts
Re: CMAC Website/Fun Police

Ohh Mate! where have you been... A lot of **** has gone down lately - It's been quite an eventful month! first there was the AGM, then there was the 50 page email chain that went round every man woman and child blaming me for pretty much everything bad that ever happened since september 11!
Websites were taken down, Piper Cubs took to the skies as the fun police put a stop to anything with a power to weight ratio greater than 0.4 to 1, piper cubs crashed as the old farts forgot to charge their batteries, Fun Fly's took the skies in celebration - then crashed when tiny iddy biddy insects sunk their 2" long teeth into peoples flesh, Mate its all been happening in Christchurch lately - and to top it off we had to cancel the last aerobatics comp because the fun police had scared everyone away and they've all joined the radio fliers club!
NZ Scythe is offline Find More Posts by NZ Scythe
Old 04-23-2008, 03:40 AM
Find More Posts by coaster
Yakkin!
Christchurch New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
49 Posts

Missed the AGM, really wanted to be there to put my two cents worth in, Why have they restricted the flying hours?. Heard all sorts of vague mutterings about noise but no one seems to be able to tell me if there was actually any complaints?. Seems pretty convenient to ban all Engine noise before 9am ecxept for engine runs of under 90 seconds which means of course no RC but allows all the free flight stuff and most of the vintage competion stuff!. Are guys really going to Radio Flyers?, I have certainly considered it myself as they are closer for me, Might try and get out to the willows on sunday and have a talk with the lads.

By the way it wasnt the fun police that caused the cancellation of the Comp it was the thought of having to Compete with me!.
coaster is offline Find More Posts by coaster
Old 07-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Find More Posts by Mr Loopy
Doo It! Doo It!
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Mar 2007
195 Posts

Who wants to take over my position on the old fart bench?
Still in CMAC for another year but have joined CRFC. Intend to alternate between the 2 plus a private NZMAA approved strip.
Mr Loopy is offline Find More Posts by Mr Loopy
Old 10-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Find More Posts by Mr Loopy
Doo It! Doo It!
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Mar 2007
195 Posts

And the **** keeps coming. Yet more emails re the wesite that was removed (though has reappeard somehow)
When will the old codgers realise there is a way of controlling models these days so they don't have to throw and chase
Mr Loopy is offline Find More Posts by Mr Loopy

Quick Reply