logo
Old 02-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by king160woody
3D low n' slow!!
United States, AZ, Avondale
Joined Jan 2006
917 Posts
Re: Favorite 3D FOAMY plane

that was an AWESOME PAINT job bog, what is a good motor set up for the katana or edge they got? I have a rimfire 22m from a flat out kit, and i have a hacker 20 50s. I dont think any will be enough.. maybe a hacker 22 L?
king160woody is offline Find More Posts by king160woody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by Boghatize
Joined Jan 2006
60 Posts

All the ones we made are kickin' arse with the Hacker A20-20L...perfect match...Now JohnVh (the owner of 3DFoamy)is a close bud and he just happens to have a A30 layin' round...said he may try to rip dem wings off...just to see how tough his plane really is...hehehe
I painted both of these with my cousin Chad, he spent a couple of hours cutting the flames out of 3MM Depron...then we spent one evening shooting both planes complete...3DSweped (Adam) was there too, he took the "water drops" pattern Chad made and rattle can'd his red/yellow..his came out badassed too...Altho I haven't seen Adam fly his yet...I think his Doh-ray-me ran out when he got his 35% TOC-1 goin'....(the only perfect reason to go broke)

WE all did the checkerboard on the bottom, way fast and easy...OH, and used the 3DFoamy decals that came with the kit...my bottom is silver/black checkerboard.

Here is the thread that we all use to paint Foamys withOUT airbrushes...get's my vote for best thread EVER...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...96#post3834296

Best to you all,
Mike
Boghatize is offline Find More Posts by Boghatize
Old 02-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Find More Posts by STR8HUCKIN
Lodi CA
Joined Jan 2006
411 Posts

that 35% is just a big a$$ foamy anyways......
STR8HUCKIN is offline Find More Posts by STR8HUCKIN
Old 02-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Find More Posts by Funflyaddict
Joined Jan 2006
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Rider
I have a Himaxx 2812-0850 and some hs55's lying around..how do these fly? I was looking at the Pro Cap

I have the 2812-850, CC25, hs55's and maxamps 1500 3 cell packs on my Pro-Cap.

I love it, just over half throttle hovering, maybe not the power i could have with a hacker on it...but it is 17 oz now ...and i still fly it in the street and everywhere else, chuck her in the back of the car and fly anywhere i want. Its good enough power for me on a 11x4.7 APC. It hovers great, quick rolls too!

I put SFG on mine, and i have AWSOME HAKE..like breath on the rudder and it sits there with not to much coupling.

If i did it again id use a hacker just because itd be fun...but a himax does it fine...
Funflyaddict is offline Find More Posts by Funflyaddict
Old 02-13-2006, 03:22 AM
Find More Posts by gstjohn
Team BullyDog 3D
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jan 2006
222 Posts

I have the edge and a the super Xtra from 3d foamy. I love the edge, even after I have broken the tail offf, damaged the belly near the battery, broken the nose off, it still flies like a dream and she does parachutes like none else. as for the super xtra, I just finished getting it painted and now that my 30% is back together from the paint shop too, I will get the xtra finished and flying. if it flies as well as everyone says it does then I can not wait to get it in the air.
gstjohn is offline Find More Posts by gstjohn
Old 02-13-2006, 04:48 AM
Joined Jan 2006
60 Posts

Oh you'll so dig the Super Extra...one of the best kept secrets in Foamy land...
Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Your my boy Blue!!!1
Lexington Kentucky U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2006
4,698 Posts

Mike next time your name could be sommin like

Bogh-tox you paralyze your competition
Flatlandman is offline Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Old 02-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Your my boy Blue!!!1
Lexington Kentucky U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2006
4,698 Posts

oh by the way all who are going to use the hacker a20-20 slide it down a smidge and use the a20-22 it will handle the 11-47 way better as my 10-47 is pulling 20-21 amps and 11-47 pulled 29 plus amps so the a20-22 will work way better with the slightly bigger prop

i have rediculus thrust on the 10-47 tho all apc sf props
Flatlandman is offline Find More Posts by Flatlandman
Old 02-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by sprice50
Shaun Price
Victoria, BC, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
1,795 Posts

3D Foamy Super Extra is by far the best foamy I have ever seen. Awesome torque rolls, harriers, KE.

A20-20L, hs56 servos, 3S 2100 prolite.
sprice50 is offline Find More Posts by sprice50
Old 02-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by 3dav8r
Fly it like you stole it !
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Jan 2006
293 Posts

Insane Foamys !!
3dav8r is offline Find More Posts by 3dav8r
Old 02-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by Pale Rider
NJ
Joined Jan 2006
1,372 Posts

I was looking at them also..

Another one that looks pretty good is Extreme Flights Yak Foamie
Pale Rider is offline Find More Posts by Pale Rider
Old 02-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Joined Jan 2006
60 Posts

Hideho all,

No other Foamy has the design and flying qualitys of the Super Extra by 3D Foamy, period.
I have personally bought/sold/borrowed/flown most if not all commercially availible and plans only Foamy's the last 2 years or so, and if I haven't, the rest of my whacked out addicted electro freak bros have.
Hands down, no doubt about it, the Super Extra blows everything else away, fo sho.

Now I know everybody has alliances with their "favorite" brand, hell I do too, in fact I still think the (newer) Shock flyers are prob the best for the "light" foamys, properly "bashed" (read improved) and set up perfectly.

That said, if you haven't flown the 3D Foamy "Super" series, you honestly cannot comment on "what's Best".....they are noticibly bigger, (also heavier) have over 20 feet of carbon fiber, (all included in the kit).

This is not an "indoor" target market Foamy...it fly's big, shineslike a diamond in the wind, takes a cartwheel and a nose straight down doink (hard, don't EVEN ask ), and yet still flys straight and true, with no damage.
ZERO funny warpy, flexy, out of linear, flop around flight here, sincerly the perfect Foamy to practice IMAC or all out sac to the tarmack 3D.

There, that's it.
Truth is I haven't been "given" one plane from John at 3D Foamy....bought mine from Levi a year ago and haven't had the need to replace it....(Yet)

This is not a "first timers" Foamy IMHO, because you wouldn't fully appreciate how terrific it flys unless you have flown other commercially availible foamy brands.....it actually requires you to read (and follow) the instructions, all on the included CD.

Oh, and one more thing...Boghatize was my handle waaay back in the Nav, First aircrewman, HC 1 Det 3 airsea rescue, final evac Nam, '75
Old 02-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Find More Posts by king160woody
3D low n' slow!!
United States, AZ, Avondale
Joined Jan 2006
917 Posts

yea, the super extra looks so SWEET! bog, what do you think would be the BEST set-up for that plane then

hacker 20-22

Im'ma be runnin a pheniox 10 esc

hitec hs55's

battery,, i have 640 lipo's from electrifly.. i think i might need a different battery tho? what do you think... im going for best flying, a good 5-7 minute flight is all i need, not endurance testing

..what do you guys think of that set-up
pro/cons
king160woody is offline Find More Posts by king160woody
Old 02-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by JohnVH
SnapShot
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Feb 2006
2,429 Posts

Hey Woody!

that esc will be too small, as will the battery, you should get the combo of the hacker and X20 esc as they are a great price, and for a batt Id run nothing smaller than a 1200mah.. My superxtra and supercap both with gear, spinner, prop, servo's, motor, esc, painted came in at 15.4oz. A great weight for a 45" plane!
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
Old 02-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Joined Jan 2006
60 Posts

Good ques...I fly it with all my lipos...from 1050 on up...in the big wind, I use the bigger batts..1600 I think..the Hacker A20-20L uses alot more juice in the wind, (stands to reason), my favbatt is the Tanic 1350...in zero wind the1050 tanic is nice and light.

The CC-10 isn't enough sp controller I'm thinkin'...the Hacker calls out for a 20 amp minimum...the A-20 with the 20Asp control is only a 109 bucks...comes with extra shafts (2) also..(you'll need em if you fly off assphalt)
G'luck,

Quick Reply