logo
Old 04-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by Flyinrazrback
Smoking a Blunt with Yoda
Ft. Smith, AR
Joined Jan 2006
2,764 Posts
EQ10 help

I am trying to set up my new plane and the EQ10 and need some help. I am trying to adjust multiple servos on a single channel (rudder, ailerons). I have reset the device. When I try adjusting the servo, the only servo that moves is the one I have selected. How do I set up the unit so that both servos that plugged in still work but can adjust the one selected, and then switch to the other servo and set it? I want both servos to work so I can line up the ball links/holes but can't do it the way it sets now. Thanks!
Flyinrazrback is offline Find More Posts by Flyinrazrback
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by Imac Kiwi
Joined Jan 2006
900 Posts
Re: EQ10 help

Imac Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Imac Kiwi
Last edited by Imac Kiwi; 04-01-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts

F=Function C=Channel

First thing first......set your radio to 0 subtrims on everything and put the travel at what you would plan to have.....100 or 150. Also plug all your servo in where you want them and plug the unit into your RX.

Calibrate all---Located in the technical refrence manual, under Option Menu)

Got to F9 and C0 (note: all channels can go from 1-9.....but if you go to zero again it will take you out of the option menu)

Turn radio on, then the unit on with F9 while holding incr/decr at the same time. C0 should flash slowly.

Move the C-dial to 7 (all leds should flash slowly)

Hold both incr/decr at the same time (leds will flash faster, then let go)
Hold both incr/decre at the same time (leds will go out, then let go)

the unit will then calibrate each channel (only those plugged into the RX though)
-fast flash equals calibrated
-slow flash equals not calibrated (read manual for reasons why)

Now you can go to C0 for normal operations.

I prefer to setup the unit using SERVO ADJUSTMENTS vs the endpoint hold (to me this is more like a matchbox feature)

Servo Adjustments

If you are doing an aileron that has 3 servos ganged for example and you plugged them all into ch 2

Go to F1 and C2(or whatever channel your ganged servos are in)
F1 adjust C2 postion A (there is an a, b, c input plug on the EQ10 for each channel and one channel goes to D)

I'll assume this is the inboard. You now use your incr/decr just like a matchbox to get your endpoints and nuetral

LED of C2 flashes slow is the subtrim or nuetral setting
LED of C2 flashes fast is the endpoint (like a matchbox this requires full stick input on the radio)
LED of C2 constant....you are over 130% throw

Once you like that servo you can then go to F2 for the middle servo. (realize that the inboard will move at the same time just like a matchbox.

Then you can go on to F3 and do the outboard the same way (F2,F1 will move at the same time).

Another option for servo adjustments...(I don't like this)

Free wheel mode.

In this mode the inboard servo would move with stick inputs (postion A) but the other 2 servos would not move while you adjust the inboard). Then when you adjust the middle servo (position B) both inboard and middle will move but outboard will not move.

You have to set output priority mode for this feature

F0-C0 then go to F9-C0 push the incr/decr while powering on the unit to enter the option menu. Go to F4-C0 and push the incr button to turn this feature on.
on=fast blink
off=slow rate

Then go to F0-C0 and you can go back to servo adjustment (from above)

Reverse Servo

If you need to reverse a servo its simple......
From F0 and C0 go to the channel the servo is on.....(assume the wing again for example)

Go to F5 and C2.....Push incr or decr (the lights will change from slow to fast or vice versa). Now the inboard servo would be reversed.
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Old 04-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts

Thanks for your help Sweetpea.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor