logo
Old 07-28-2021, 08:16 AM
Find More Posts by roxberrym
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
The field will be open all day and evening on Friday. We set up for a couple of hours on Friday morning but there will br open flying the remainder of Friday. If any need to arrive earlier or any other needs, just call me.
roxberrym is offline Find More Posts by roxberrym
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-28-2021, 09:14 AM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Mid-Michigan IMAC

James,
I’ll make sure your trailer gets up to the top of the hill. No worries.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:14 AM
Find More Posts by Warwix
Team AJ Aircraft
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Feb 2015
452 Posts
I'll be up Friday after work, hopefully by 5. Need to get the rust off the transmitter again, haha. Gonna have a good group looking at the signups and the weather looks phenomenal. Can't wait to see everyone!

It's not too late to sign up: http://www.mini-iac.org/Event-Details/PID/1193
Warwix is offline Find More Posts by Warwix
Old 07-29-2021, 09:32 AM
Find More Posts by rpmcmillan
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Dec 2007
37 Posts
Wish I could join you for this contest. Hoping by next year we Canadians will be able to cross the border again, actually hoping we can in time for Regional Championship in early October.
rpmcmillan is offline Find More Posts by rpmcmillan
Old 07-29-2021, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by Warwix
Team AJ Aircraft
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Feb 2015
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmcmillan View Post
Wish I could join you for this contest. Hoping by next year we Canadians will be able to cross the border again, actually hoping we can in time for Regional Championship in early October.
That's our hope as well. The region is not complete without our counterparts from the north. Here's hoping that we can have a big celebration at Regionals with the entire NCFR family!
Warwix is offline Find More Posts by Warwix
Old 07-29-2021, 02:09 PM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Absolutely!
Old 08-07-2021, 08:09 AM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Overall, there were 14 pilots flying in the jackson 2021 contest. In no particular order they were: Aaron Schrader, Chuck Priese, David Pierce, Guy McIntire, James Hugg, Jamie Hicks, Jim Norton, John Morrow, Juan Rosa, Matt Komer, Mike Roxberry, Perry R. Vanmeter, Rob Weismiller and Toby Silhavy. These pilots flew a grand total of 208 judged sequences.

David Pierce won the Basic class. There were 4 pilots in Basic. The winning order was: (1) David Pierce, (2) Chuck Priese, (3) Juan Rosa and (4) Perry R. Vanmeter. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 137.5 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 862.5 points).

Rob Weismiller won the Sportsman class. There were 3 pilots in Sportsman. The winning order was: (1) Rob Weismiller, (2) Jim Norton and (3) Aaron Schrader. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 595.6 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 404.4 points).

James Hugg won the Intermediate class. There were 4 pilots in Intermediate. The winning order was: (1) James Hugg, (2) Toby Silhavy, (3) Guy McIntire and (4) Mike Roxberry. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 669.2 to a high of 1,000 (a range of 330.8 points).

Matt Komer won the Advanced class. There was 1 pilot in Advanced. The winning order was: (1) Matt Komer. He flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round.

Jamie Hicks won the Unlimited class. There was 1 pilot in Unlimited. The winning order was: (1) Jamie Hicks. He flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round.

Mike Roxberry won the Seniors class. There were 3 pilots in Seniors. The winning order was: (1) Mike Roxberry, (2) Aaron Schrader and (3) Perry R. Vanmeter. They flew 7 known sequences (4 rounds) and 1 unknown round. The scores ranged from a low of 228.927 to a high of 1,000.000 (a range of 771.073 points).

The tightest competition was for 1st place in the Basic class, with only 12.461 points difference between David Pierce and Chuck Priese.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by FlyguyXII
Yep it's a WillBuilt
Columbus, IN
Joined Feb 2006
651 Posts
Great Contest as Always Mike, Bentley and I had a blast!! The Weather was great, even with the low ceilings Sunday morning the time spent with friends made up for it. Tell the ladies that their cooking was awesome and very much appreciated.
FlyguyXII is offline Find More Posts by FlyguyXII
Last edited by FlyguyXII; 08-10-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:42 AM
Jackson, Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
202 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Rob. I had a blast with everyone as well. It was a joy to have you and Bentley at the contest and have Bentley fly a basic demo flight for us. All I can say is WOW. He flew so well and with such composure. You better watch out. He’ll soon be out flying you. I’m hoping someone caught a picture of Bentley that we can post.
God willing, we’ll do it again next year. Hope to see you at Aaron’s contest in Galveston. Stay safe my friend!
Old 08-10-2021, 06:39 PM
Find More Posts by FlyguyXII
Yep it's a WillBuilt
Columbus, IN
Joined Feb 2006
651 Posts
Found one. Mike Sotomeyer took this pic and had it on his FB page. Super proud of Bentley we have a few things to work on but for his first flight in front of judges and having the first time nerves he did a really good job and will be competing at the next contest for sure.
FlyguyXII is offline Find More Posts by FlyguyXII
Last edited by FlyguyXII; 08-10-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Quick Reply