logo
Old 09-23-2019, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team AJ Aircraft / Team JR
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
I'll just say that I've seen a 50lb weight hung off of a 1" aluminum arm on a 9380 and the servo didn't budge or make any noise at all.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by KEITH RUSH
KEITH RUSH
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2006
605 Posts
I’ve enjoyed all 16 of my 9380’s!! Lol. They’ve been great on the IMAC plane, but I only fly Basic.

Keith
KEITH RUSH is offline Find More Posts by KEITH RUSH
Old 09-23-2019, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
its ok you spend your money the way you want , I tend to do a bit of research on new products and with real world actual side by side use of these products helps make my decisions not the sales hype or price.
my promo servos are rock solid cost half as much as the 9381 and don't buzz , rattle or twitch ever and are made in florida with a few outside parts
LOL, you just pointed out that you didn't do your homework because the 9381 are so silent they dont even make noise under load .

You should try them. The programming, soft start, extremely low power consumption and they actually make the power they state! Oh hey and they are one of the only servos on the market that makes all that power right from the start off center unlike 600+ oz servos that you can hold the trailing edge of a rudder or elevator with two fingers while moving the throttle stick to full quickly Try some, you actually get what you pay for with the Hitec Brush-less and D series servos.....they are the ones to beat on the market right now.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 09-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Wood Butcher
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms5599 View Post
Is the 9380's having any failures to the plastic top? If so I should probably find the 9381's
I bought a pile of them from Randy in So Cal when he got out of the hobby. 13 of them were marked "bad" but ended up being the top and some of them bottom bushings were worn loose. He said he had "hundreds" of flights on them. A $5 servo case replacement and they were back in business. Zero gear issues......I did replace one set of gears and that servo was in a crash so bad the mounting plates were broken off!! Gears were still good but I replaced them out of caution.

For all the ones I bought new I've been buying the 9381 and D951 both metal case badassness.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team AJ Aircraft / Team JR
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
I'll just say I have a couple hundred hard flights on my 9381's now and they're still as tight as they were when I took then out of the box.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old 09-23-2019, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by jms5599
United States, MO, High Ridge
Joined Feb 2009
973 Posts
Terry and Tanner. That's good to hear. The 9380's in my 110 Yak elevators are just starting to show a little wear, but very minor. Way better than any other servo that I've tried (Except for maybe the 7990's).
jms5599 is offline Find More Posts by jms5599
Old 09-24-2019, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by spbrian
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2016
7 Posts
I have been running 9380's in my Extreme Flight laser and jet for all of this year and have had amazing experiences. They are amazingly efficient given their power.

As Terry said, they are the ultimate value on the servo market today.
spbrian is offline Find More Posts by spbrian
Old 09-25-2019, 08:23 PM
Wood Butcher
Joined Jan 2007
9,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms5599 View Post
Terry and Tanner. That's good to hear. The 9380's in my 110 Yak elevators are just starting to show a little wear, but very minor. Way better than any other servo that I've tried (Except for maybe the 7990's).
Oh man I just build a new 110 Yak and I kinda forgot how stupid fun that plane is. The elevators and rudder are absolutely insane size!! I put the D951's on the wings and 9381 on the tail but I may actually switch the rudder to dual servos just because it's literally a 40% plane rudder and that's a lot to ask for a single in push-pull. I'll probably just do dual D951's
Old 09-30-2019, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by jms5599
United States, MO, High Ridge
Joined Feb 2009
973 Posts
I'm running a 7990 in a single SWB pull pull set up on mine. Works awesome!
jms5599 is offline Find More Posts by jms5599

Quick Reply