logo
This thread is privately moderated by Tankd, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:25 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
Discussion
Flight of Dreams

It's been a bit since the first Toys for Tots campaign and thought it would be nice to show the event again to the 'world'. This year will be my 4th year hosting. The 'Flight of Dreams' was named for the event couple of years ago and the organization of charity has changed a bit. I still give to the Marine Corp Reserve Toys for Tots, and have added the Rainbow Room of Wood County. If you have never heard of the Rainbow Room, here is a short version of what they do.

The Rainbow Room, a resource center for Child Protective Service caseworkers. Children who are abused and/or neglected usually come into care with little or no personal belongings. The Rainbow Room is stocked with all new items for children ranging in age from newborns to teenagers, such as clothing, shoes, baby formula, diapers, and personal hygiene items in order to help provide immediate needs of the children receiving services from CPS.

The proceeds are split between the two organizations.
The T.U.F.F. club has been the main pilot supporter of the event, but everyone is welcome to attend, chat, fly, drive what ever you have for remote control for a landing fee of an unopened toy or monetary donation. The public is invited to come by and see what we do, again for the same admission.
I'll be posting up some pictures as I did on the first year after the event. Hopefully the weather will give us a break from the rain.
Never in the wildest dream I would think this would go this long, but I enjoy to be able to 'give back' to the community I grew up in.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon.

Tankd is offline Find More Posts by Tankd
Last edited by Tankd; 12-04-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: photo for new location of event
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
Would like to thank Eric of B&E Graphics sending a 30% off PlaneWrapper gift certificate to the pilot raffle.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
Thanks to Twisted Hobbys for a $50 gift certificate.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
Our local Ace hardware added to the raffle - tool box. While I was talking to the manager, a guy walked up and heard the conversation and wanted to contribute. Told me to get something and he would pay for it. Didn't catch his name, but said he is from the Dallas area and working in town. Very much appreciative to this gentleman. Really caught me off guard, wasn't expecting something like this.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
Tower Hobbies sent us some gift certificates. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2015, 09:36 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
Due to the rain in the Mineola area, being able to get in/out of the field made things tough, so the venue has moved to Tyler Northside RC Park. Temps projected low 60's and light winds. Sounds like a great day!
Last edited by Tankd; 12-01-2015 at 09:34 PM. Reason: brain before fingers.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
Received a nice box of goodies from HeliDirect and Pulse Batteries. Thanks folks! -- Side note, I run Pulse Batteries in the EF Yak with no complaints - tough batteries. Come get some!
Old 12-04-2015, 07:12 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
Thanks to Hitec, great box of items for the pilot raffle!
Old 12-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
Thanks to the sponsors that helped on the event raffle. This helped to bring in $244, and the donation can another $260, total of $504 to be split between two charities - Toys for Tots and the Rainbow Room of Wood County. Another successful event for the year. Time to relax!
Old 12-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by Tankd
USA, TX, Mineola
Joined Oct 2008
463 Posts
As the final picture, the folks that made the event a success, the pilots. Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply