logo
Old 08-25-2018, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Muttdog
United States, GA, Canton
Joined Feb 2013
2,826 Posts
Cover your canopies when sitting in the hot sun. My pilots helmet shield started to melt on the side that faces the sun.
Muttdog is offline Find More Posts by Muttdog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-25-2018, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by mxcop
Team Extreme/Team Horizon
Tuckerton, N.J.
Joined Mar 2006
1,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttdog View Post
Cover your canopies when sitting in the hot sun. My pilots helmet shield started to melt on the side that faces the sun.
Definitely a necessity, the best investment you can make to protect your plane is a plane wrapper.

Lee
mxcop is offline Find More Posts by mxcop
Old 08-26-2018, 05:22 AM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcop View Post
Definitely a necessity, the best investment you can make to protect your plane is a plane wrapper.

Lee
Especially now since a lot of the manufacturers are no longer tinting. I really like the tinted canopies and would pay extra when buying new to get that feature.
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 08-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,826 Posts
I just used the canopy cover that came with the plane, wish I'd have done it sooner. Good thing is we've been really hot lately with brutal sun and I haven't had any cooling issues. Every flight just gets better and better, this weekend was no exception.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by Racerxxx
Joined Jul 2018
18 Posts
Probably the best maiden I've ever had. I didn't know what to expect, this being my first fuel plane. For some reason I did have a hard time getting fuel to the carb to begin with. I ended up having to pinch off the vent hose and blow into the fill line to get fuel to the carb. Once there was fuel the DA ran super good. Each re start started on the first bump every time . I never made any carb adjustments. Low side seems perfect, high side seems just a tad rich. I'm going to leave it alone for now. As far as the airframe, the first word that comes to me is perfection. Zero trim clicks. For the first flight to feel like the plane is on rails is incredible.
Thanks to everyone on here for the help and information , especially Pappa Trey.
This is going to be a fun ride!
Racerxxx is offline Find More Posts by Racerxxx
Last edited by Racerxxx; 08-26-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by Papatrey
Educating - One at a Time
United States, GA, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2016
292 Posts
Woot! Woot!

Awesome news, but fully expected. This airplane is a masterpiece for sure.
Papatrey is offline Find More Posts by Papatrey
Old 08-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT CEO
Cumming, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
Probably the best maiden I've ever had. I didn't know what to expect, this being my first fuel plane. For some reason I did have a hard time getting fuel to the carb to begin with. I ended up having to pinch off the vent hose and blow into the fill line to get fuel to the carb. Once there was fuel the DA ran super good. Each re start started on the first bump every time . I never made any carb adjustments. Low side seems perfect, high side seems just a tad rich. I'm going to leave it alone for now. As far as the airframe, the first word that comes to me is perfection. Zero trim clicks. For the first flight to feel like the plane is on rails is incredible.
Thanks to everyone on here for the help and information , especially Pappa Trey.
Congrats on a successful maiden! I hope the Laser gives you many seasons of service! Thanks so much for your business!
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Old 08-27-2018, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by aalfawaz
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2015
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
Congrats it is truly and amazing airplane.
aalfawaz is offline Find More Posts by aalfawaz
Old 09-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,826 Posts
My first gasser was a 30cc Giant Super Sportster, that's a far cry from a thoroughbred like the laser. All I can say is it only gets better from here. Out of about 50 attempts I got one rolling loop over the top and back around. It was ugly but it qualified. My brain just short circuits when it gets to the top of the loop.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by Tailslide
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2013
538 Posts
Any issues with the durability of the printed covering? Can it be touched up if necessary? Does it hold up well in the hot sun and when ironed or heat gunned to remove bubbles?
Tailslide is offline Find More Posts by Tailslide
Old 09-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by aalfawaz
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2015
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailslide View Post
Any issues with the durability of the printed covering? Can it be touched up if necessary? Does it hold up well in the hot sun and when ironed or heat gunned to remove bubbles?
Check post #872-874
aalfawaz is offline Find More Posts by aalfawaz
Old 09-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by Tailslide
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2013
538 Posts
Thanks aalfawas. I've gotten pretty good at ironing and heat gunning out bubbles and repairing Ultracote so for now I'll pass on the printed covering.
Tailslide is offline Find More Posts by Tailslide
Old 09-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by lexsportsman
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Nov 2015
13 Posts
New Cowling

I ordered a new cowl for my Laser and when I was putting it on, I realized that the hole for the longer 3mm screw in the bottom was not drilled... It might be a little challenging to get the hole in the right place, but I'm sure I'll be fine. I definitely don't remember drilling out the original one. Unless I'm going crazy...

Our club's Fall Classic is next week if anyone is interested in joining us in Lexington, KY. We have a great facility and a wonderful group of guys to fellowship with.
lexsportsman is offline Find More Posts by lexsportsman
Old 09-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by NashVegas
"CrashVegas" more appropriate!
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jun 2014
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexsportsman View Post
I ordered a new cowl for my Laser and when I was putting it on, I realized that the hole for the longer 3mm screw in the bottom was not drilled... It might be a little challenging to get the hole in the right place, but I'm sure I'll be fine. I definitely don't remember drilling out the original one. Unless I'm going crazy...

Our club's Fall Classic is next week if anyone is interested in joining us in Lexington, KY. We have a great facility and a wonderful group of guys to fellowship with.
Try this, it's worked for me in the past......If you have a laser pointer, tape it to something solid, then aim the red dot up at the blind nut where the M3 bolt goes. Then, mount the cowl and mark the red dot and drill as needed.
NashVegas is offline Find More Posts by NashVegas
Old 09-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailslide View Post
Thanks aalfawas. I've gotten pretty good at ironing and heat gunning out bubbles and repairing Ultracote so for now I'll pass on the printed covering.
Printed schemes are ultra Cote.
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams

Quick Reply