logo
Old 01-16-2020, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
7,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu1 View Post
I agree, some of the recent dizzy designs are too much for me as well, .. but that's not what I meant. I meant creative use of color combinations for pizzaz, ... like this!
OK, I'm with you on that! My biggest complaint about many color schemes is the excessive use of black Ultracote covering / trim that puckers, peels and sometimes delaminates. I love black but not on an airplane that has to live in the sun a good bit of the time. PAU has been pretty good about this in the past and I hope the trend continues.
Truckracer is offline Find More Posts by Truckracer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-17-2020, 06:16 AM
Find More Posts by dshriver
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Oct 2014
1,165 Posts
I hope CARF will stock the PAU accessories too. Every plane I own has one or more of Herve’s probuild tanks.
dshriver is offline Find More Posts by dshriver
Old 01-17-2020, 08:08 AM
Find More Posts by Islandflyer
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2007
2,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshriver View Post
I hope CARF will stock the PAU accessories too. Every plane I own has one or more of Herve’s probuild tanks.
Many more PRO tanks to come. The logistics of this transition are quite complex, so it will take a little time....
Islandflyer is offline Find More Posts by Islandflyer
Old 01-17-2020, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by jimfergie
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Mar 2016
98 Posts
I picked up my CARF Hybrid at their warehouse last year. It was in Union City, South of Oakland, California. Love this plane, hope they reintroduce it with PAU wings. The benefits of both fiberglass fuselage and built up wings at a good price.
jimfergie is offline Find More Posts by jimfergie
Old 01-19-2020, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandflyer View Post
Many more PRO tanks to come. The logistics of this transition are quite complex, so it will take a little time....
Those tanks are the only ones with Viton inside for the clunk lines, all the others are a failure in process.
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 01-20-2020, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by J.V.1944
United States, OH, Whitehouse
Joined Mar 2011
66 Posts
Anyone know if the shipping cost increased, decreased or stayed the same with the move?
J.V.1944 is offline Find More Posts by J.V.1944
Old 01-20-2020, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by k8svrick
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2007
46 Posts
The planes are currently being shipped from Florida as has been the case in the past. I was quoted $175 to a commercial address or $235 to a residential address for the Extra 330SC 60cc.
You can save $60 by shipping to a UPS store or other location classified as a commercial delivery point. The main thing is that commercial deliveries are typically places that are open and people available during normal business hours who can receive the shipment. Suggest you confirm UPS for example is willing to receive the boxes and you should check to see if there is a handling charge with them as well.
k8svrick is offline Find More Posts by k8svrick
Old 01-20-2020, 05:51 PM
Find More Posts by k8svrick
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2007
46 Posts
Following up. Expect a small fee for handling delivery at UPS Stores. My local one in Columbus OH charges a $7 fee per box to handle that.
k8svrick is offline Find More Posts by k8svrick
Old 01-20-2020, 08:04 PM
Joined Mar 2007
2,476 Posts
Right now, CARF is using the same flat rates. Since we have been subsidizing shipping for years, it is likely to be adjusted to charge the actual shipping cost.
Some UPS stores accept receiving boxes that we ship commercial via freight trucking companies, but not all stores do. If they do, it is a favor to you, unless you have an account with them.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:08 AM
Find More Posts by Ken-H
Center Punch it!
United States, MT, Kalispell
Joined Mar 2006
1,236 Posts
Great news and PAU has a good home with an awesome company! Wish all the best for both.
Ken-H is offline Find More Posts by Ken-H
Old 01-21-2020, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by Mitsu1
United States, AR, Maumelle
Joined Jun 2006
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8svrick View Post
The planes are currently being shipped from Florida as has been the case in the past. I was quoted $175 to a commercial address or $235 to a residential address for the Extra 330SC 60cc.
$235 to ship a 60cc plane!?? ... My goodness, .. is someone going to drive it to your house in their personal vehicle, then setup a few servos or maybe mount the engine???
Mitsu1 is offline Find More Posts by Mitsu1
Old 01-21-2020, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by Festivus
I sponser JR
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2017
1,808 Posts
I ordered three planes, shipped by LTL freight company. I did a will call at the shipping company and it saved a ton of money. If you live close to the trucking company and pick it up at their location you get a good discount. Check with any of the ARF sellers you might be surprised how many of the freight dock may be close to you.
Festivus is offline Find More Posts by Festivus
Old 01-21-2020, 07:14 PM
Joined Mar 2007
2,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu1 View Post
$235 to ship a 60cc plane!?? ... My goodness, .. is someone going to drive it to your house in their personal vehicle, then setup a few servos or maybe mount the engine???
Not quite sure if this is attempt at being funny, or just a highly uneducated commentary on shipping.
We have been shipping flat rate for years, often subsidizing below cost shipping.
Here is the example of shipping the 60~70cc Extra to Cleveland, OH from Orlando (32826).
Shipping to the West Coast is much higher.
The weights and sizes are shown on the UPS quote, and everyone is invited to use their own shipping if they wish...
Freight companies add $75 to $95 for residential deliveries, hence the use of UPS for residential service when possible.
Last edited by Islandflyer; 01-21-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:12 PM
Find More Posts by The Hodge
Skip Model Designs Intl.
Australia, VIC
Joined Mar 2008
4,062 Posts
I would love to see the return of the Original Edge 540 Colour scheme, Pearl Blue, Pearl dark Yellow & Silver

Just looks so dam Good, I even Put this on to 42% Edge 540 - Just love it on the Edge
The Hodge is offline Find More Posts by The Hodge
Old 02-07-2020, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by jerzey
United States, SC, Rembert
Joined May 2017
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hodge View Post
I would love to see the return of the Original Edge 540 Colour scheme, Pearl Blue, Pearl dark Yellow & Silver

Just looks so dam Good, I even Put this on to 42% Edge 540 - Just love it on the Edge
Miss my V1, only owned it for a short while. But damn, $899 clearance on the V2 edge right now. Just placed the order!!
jerzey is offline Find More Posts by jerzey

Quick Reply