Old 12-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Master
Keep'em Flying Low!!
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts
Discussion
The Screamin' Sasquatch!

Thought I'd share the newest bird on the Show circuit for 2014!

BREAKING NEWS FROM TEAM KLATT:

Tonight, during the opening session of the 2013 ICAS Convention, we unveiled "The Screamin' Sasquatch" Jack Link's Jet Waco - a highly modified 1929 Taperwing Waco, powered by a Pratt & Whitney 985 Radial Engine and a CJ610 Jet Engine. These dual power-plants will provide over 4,500 lbs. of thrust. Enough to rocket the Screamin' Sasquatch straight up, into max speed vertical climbs!

Building this airplane over the past year has been a labor of love for Team Klatt, and has required the collaboration of many others. Perhaps the most important collaborator is a person who's memory still lives vividly in our minds and hearts - Jimmy Franklin.

So many of us have been mesmerized by the Jet Waco concept, ever since Jimmy first conceived of it, built it, and then flew it in ways that left us in absolute awe. He first debuted the Jet Waco in 1999, and quickly made it one of the air show world's most popular acts of all time. 15 years later, during the 2014 air show season, we are so immensely proud to be bringing the world its second Jet Waco. If our performances can deliver a fraction of the impact that Jimmy Franklin's did, they will be a success.

The Screamin' Sasquatch is sponsored by Jack Link's Beef Jerky, a company who's story is testament to the entrepreneurial spirit of America. Starting in a small town in Northern Wisconsin, the Link family has grown their business into the world's leading producer of meat snacks by focusing on high quality products, hard work and innovative marketing. Their "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercials have become iconic, and convey the "Feed Your Wild Side" spirit of the Jack Link's brand.

The Jet Waco is one wild, untamed airplane, and a perfect fit with Jack Link's. During its 2014 air show appearances, the Screamin' Sasquatch will be accompanied by Jack Link's "Wild Side" trucks, which will provide air show fans a fun and engaging experience, most importantly including the opportunity to sample Jack Link's delicious Beef Jerky!

Meet the Screamin' Sasquatch - Jack Link's Jet Waco! Get ready to Feed Your Wild Side!

(Photo 2013 Scott Russell) in Las Vegas, NV.
3D Master is offline Find More Posts by 3D Master
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Find More Posts by wcc963
Head in the clouds
United States, FL, Coconut Creek
Joined Nov 2006
338 Posts
That's Awesome! Any flight vids?
wcc963 is offline Find More Posts by wcc963
Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by kjkimball
Florida
Joined May 2006
621 Posts
FAA listing doesn't show it has been signed off for flight yet. May not be up to date but typically it shows the date, category, etc. Maybe they just got it done enough in time for ICAS display. Been there done that for that show.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old 12-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Joined Jan 2006
1,835 Posts
So I take it this isn't Dracula with a fresh coat of paint?
Ryan Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Smith
Old 12-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by C_Watkins
United States, GA, Douglasville
Joined Sep 2011
700 Posts
Cool!
Definitely wanting to see some video
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
Old 12-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,618 Posts
I helped built a set of taper wings for a full scale ASO conversion to a QTO. Always liked taper wings-

Got any more pics of the plane?
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 12-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by 3D Master
Keep'em Flying Low!!
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2006
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Smith View Post
So I take it this isn't Dracula with a fresh coat of paint?
Entirely new aircraft. For John Klatt, He worked with Kyle a lot during the build process.
3D Master is offline Find More Posts by 3D Master
Old 12-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Find More Posts by erjpilot
Quakertown, PA USA
Joined Jan 2006
762 Posts
Sub
erjpilot is online now Find More Posts by erjpilot
Old 12-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by kjkimball
Florida
Joined May 2006
621 Posts
This is not dracula. Dracula is an 80% scale UPF & waco, sort of, kinda.. It was drawn up for Jimmy by Steve Wolf. Wolf did some work on it as it bounced around from shop to shop and finally was completed for Kyle at Mike Wiskus shop in MN.

Here is what I know or have been told about the new plane. This taperwing is a homebuilt one from scratch. It was started by a friend of mine in WI. He got it all welded up, wings built etc. and sold it to Kent Peitch in ND who is the guy that has the Jelly Belly interstate cadet airshow clown act. Kent planned to do the jet engine WACO thing with it. I am told Kent sold it to John Klatt about a year ago and the airplane was finished in Wiskus shop. This is a full size taperwing WACO with a narrow top wing center section that reduces the upper wing span. The narrow CS is a wing span mod from back in the 30's. I checked the FAA registry on this new one and it doesn't appear it has been inspected and issued FAA papers yet. Maybe they got it done enough for ICAS and will be finishing it up over the next few weeks and that is why no flying photos yet.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old 12-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Find More Posts by SlowHuck
Bling, bling for Flying Things
Colonial Heights, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,052 Posts
Holy ! THIS I gotta see (and hear)!
SlowHuck is offline Find More Posts by SlowHuck
Old 12-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by Shaker
Doug Cronkhite
Joined Jan 2006
2,556 Posts
Wonder if John is going to make Mark Leseberg ferry this one for him too?
Shaker is offline Find More Posts by Shaker
Old 12-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by Shaker
Doug Cronkhite
Joined Jan 2006
2,556 Posts
So, I got some info from Mark Leseberg this morning. For those that aren't aware, Mark has been John Klatt's ferry pilot for the MX-S for awhile now.

Mark is involved in this project as well, and more details will be announced soon. Mark is also going to announcing something of his own pretty soon (He's been flying Extra 300L's for about 12 years now), and this has great ties to the modeling community! He did ask me to hold off on posting any more as there are official press releases coming for all of this info.

This is going to be a VERY interesting airshow year IMO.
Shaker is offline Find More Posts by Shaker

Quick Reply