logo
Old 03-18-2019, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by DetomasoPantera
Joined Feb 2019
8 Posts
Well I do have another plane it is a 55 inch wingspan

I received a gift from my mentor today he totaled his Yak so I got a wrecked fuselage to give me experience in rebuilding I guess. the training continues.
DetomasoPantera is offline Find More Posts by DetomasoPantera
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-18-2019, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by BHFG
United States, GA, Dacula
Joined Oct 2015
329 Posts
Be sure to learn all you can about proper airframe, controls surface and radio setup from the beginning. Learning to properly setup a plane for how you fly and your CURRENT abilities now, not what you want them to be in the end, is so important but too often under taught or emphasized. Then as you progress you can adjust the setup properly to advance your skills.

You may want to consider looking into the manuals available from Dave Scott on the 1st US Flught School website. I have been flying RC off and on for 40 years and am a full scale private pilot. I ordered the book on proper setup just to read while I am laid up recovering from total knee surgery and they had great info. I wish they would have been available when I learned.

Good luck and remember, takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory, and often more like controlled crashes.
BHFG is offline Find More Posts by BHFG
Old 03-20-2019, 02:51 PM
Find More Posts by N233W
I Feel the Light and the Heat
NorCal, East Bay
Joined Feb 2009
482 Posts
+1 - Dave Scott's books are the best I've seen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHFG View Post
Be sure to learn all you can about proper airframe, controls surface and radio setup from the beginning. Learning to properly setup a plane for how you fly and your CURRENT abilities now, not what you want them to be in the end, is so important but too often under taught or emphasized. Then as you progress you can adjust the setup properly to advance your skills.

You may want to consider looking into the manuals available from Dave Scott on the 1st US Flught School website. I have been flying RC off and on for 40 years and am a full scale private pilot. I ordered the book on proper setup just to read while I am laid up recovering from total knee surgery and they had great info. I wish they would have been available when I learned.

Good luck and remember, takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory, and often more like controlled crashes.
N233W is offline Find More Posts by N233W
Old 03-20-2019, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by N233W
I Feel the Light and the Heat
NorCal, East Bay
Joined Feb 2009
482 Posts
Crashing planes is tough for everybody, but please be prepared - if you fly - you will crash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetomasoPantera View Post
There are so many people in the community I live in that have planes, that is how I got the giant. The person had too many planes and needed the garage space.

I am sure I can pick up a plane between these two I have, I found it amusing that I have these 2 planes and nothing in between.

Yes, I want to fully master my trainer first, I figure I should be ready to fly the big plane next year, since I live in Florida we can fly year round. So I should have practiced a lot.

I would not be happy crashing "any plane" thanks for the input.
N233W is offline Find More Posts by N233W
Old 03-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by BHFG
United States, GA, Dacula
Joined Oct 2015
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N233W View Post
Crashing planes is tough for everybody, but please be prepared - if you fly - you will crash!

Build - Fly - Crash- Repeat
BHFG is offline Find More Posts by BHFG

Quick Reply