logo
Old 08-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by yellowman2513
When did that tree appear?
St. Louis, Missouri, United States, North America, Earth, MilkyWay, Space
Joined Apr 2008
2,747 Posts
Chinn yak profile kit

hey guys, as some of you may know, i just built a four star this summer, and it was my first plane ever, let me tell, you.. i am addicted to this hobby!!! I am not to sure my wallet likes the hobby though, haha. Hey i was just wandering though, i want to build something this winter to keep me buisy, and i was looking at the chinn yak, by billy hell, they look awesome!!!!!! i cant really find anywhere to buy them though, do oyu guys know of anywhere to buy them??? thanks so much
yellowman2513 is offline Find More Posts by yellowman2513
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Find More Posts by Donatas
Lithuania
Joined Jan 2006
554 Posts
Re: Chinn yak profile kit

Chinn yak is produced by Extreme flight RC, this is one crazy 3d plane, deffinately most entertaining plane i ever flown, believe me you will love it. and for building there is almost no work, it can be done in two-three evening easy.
Here is link to shop in US;
http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/ChinnYak55SP.html
Main dealer in Europe;
http://www.freestyle-rc.co.uk/_shop/...)/JCYAK55.aspx

Donatas is offline Find More Posts by Donatas
Old 08-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by ChrisHays
Super Contributor
Memphis Tn
Joined Mar 2006
366 Posts

link wont do you any good they are out of stock....whats shipping from UK to US
ChrisHays is offline Find More Posts by ChrisHays
Old 08-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Joined Apr 2008
2,747 Posts

alright, thanks guys, i may have to call and reserve one or something. That sounds awesome that you could build it in two or three nights!!!!!! is this the kit, or arf???? what size engine would make it the ultimate 3d profile plane??? thanks again
Old 08-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Find More Posts by crash-n-burn
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Feb 2008
2,072 Posts

The chinn yak is redicluious I have 1 and another on back-order, I used an OS 55ax engine with a 14x4 prop it is all you need. The plane is nutz you;ll love it. If you have never flown a profile b4 make your first flights on low rates with high expo. This mother is a handful in the air the first few times.

its an ARF

ultimate 3d, Saito 82

chris should have some in in the next 10 days or so i spoke with him about 2 weeks ago
crash-n-burn is offline Find More Posts by crash-n-burn
Old 08-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Find More Posts by Donatas
Lithuania
Joined Jan 2006
554 Posts

CNB is right if you don't have much experience with 3D models, be sure to train on sim, Chinn yak is one very "active" profile, low rates and hi expo can help to get use to it.

Two-three evening is for ARF, most difficult part is wing placement in right place, and electronic instalation, , but again this process is very fast, you will need only 2 times to mix epoxy one for wings and second for all control horns.

I use OS91 on my plane, and i really like it, plane don't feel to heavy, and have crazy amount of power, but if you go with bigger engine than manual suggest be carefull and use thr wise.
Donatas is offline Find More Posts by Donatas
Old 08-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Joined Apr 2008
2,747 Posts

oh, it is an arf, ill take a look, these are awesome looking too!!!! I really was looking around, andi think this is it!!! i have basically been on the simulater nonstop with a yak, practicing harriers, hovering, rolling circles, and knife edges, i am getting better, but i am not anything close to being able to totally fly 3d as i have seen some crazy videos of this plane, my first few flights would probably just take some getting used to. here are a few times flying earlier today on the simulater, remember, i just started flying last month, so its not great. lol, i just downloaded the cideos too, so they may not be working yet(it will probably say its no longer available, but its just not totally loaded i guess) but they will be tomorow. thanks for your help!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PUrZACiAas[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nal99tMe-M8[/ame]
Old 08-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,072 Posts

Just be careful, the chinn yak does not glide, if you loose the engine and dont have 50 feet or more of altitude it will drop like a rock. I like your ballz-2-the-wallness on your second plane but make your first few flights high altitude and about 1/2 throttle. Also dont go low until your engine is broke in and no longer dead sticks. A dead stick will kill you with this plane.

In the mean time i would recommend taking your existing plane and setting all the controls to max throw with lower expo then shift the cg back to its rearward limit, that will be much harder to fly but will give you a limited idea of what the yak will be like. Flight sims are great but its a bit different at the field b/c you cant press the red reset button once you waste your 300.00 chinn yak. good luck amigo !

>> as a side note i run my 55ax on the rich side just to protect against dead sticks it still has plenty of power. The sacrifice is worth it b/c dead stick at wrong time = call to extreme flight with visa card.

>> Also make sure you check out the profile brotherhood web site " pro bros" tons of them fly the chinn yak, they know it inside / out and they are great dudes.

http://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com/forum/
Last edited by crash-n-burn; 08-03-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Joined Apr 2008
2,747 Posts

lol, yup, simulaters are a lot more forgiving. lol, i was flying my four star for the first time last weekend, and luckily its a floater, because i had a dead stick when i was about 20 feet off the ground, but my instructor still had time to line up and land it nicely.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,072 Posts

If you are still w/ an instructor I would highly recommend against getting the chinn yak as a second plane. My second plane was a Hanger 9 twist, you can set it up with the same components you will eventually put on the chinn yak. In all honesty the for me the Twist was a handful at first after just flying trainers. I wasted 2 of them b4 I was ready for the chinn yak.

Im not trying to discourage you but going from a 4 star 2 a chinn is like going from chugging a miller lite to beer bonging a case of guiness, bad things will happen.

That being said if you are cool w/ it then go for it man, maybe have a dude at your field who has flown higher performance airframes help you w/ the first 5-10 flights.

>>> actually dude I live in the Lou, if you decide to go for it I will help you fly the thing. i fly at river city.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by Simpleton
That Was a Close Shave!
USA
Joined Oct 2006
660 Posts

The Chinn Yak was a kit, but they've been sold out for a couple of years. Now it's an ARF thru EF, so even if it's sold out now, it'll be back in stock sometime.
Simpleton is offline Find More Posts by Simpleton
Old 08-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,072 Posts

About aug 10th to be precise

simpleton i just realized that i am on your team !
Old 08-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Joined Apr 2008
2,747 Posts

yeah, what i think ill do is hold off on getting the chinn yak and talk it over with people at the field, and see if they think i would be prepaired to fly that as my second plane. lol, i may clip the wings on my four star, just so i can undurestand a little bit about how to land when a plane doesnt float for like 10 minutes after you kill the engine. lol, my four star could fly with no power forever!! i really have to force it to land due to the floating. lol
Old 08-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by Shoe
Lower!
Boyertown, PA, USA
Joined Jan 2006
482 Posts

We built the Chinn Yak last year, as a kit, from Billy Hell R/C. For power we use a Saito 72. Awesome!!
Shoe is offline Find More Posts by Shoe
Old 08-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Joined Apr 2008
2,747 Posts

saito .72!!!, thats pretty big, i bet it could do anything, most people i here just put like .60 or smaller, thats awesome. Think i could pop in a 100 that i own? lol, thatd be huge!!!

Quick Reply