logo
Old 03-10-2021, 04:51 AM
Find More Posts by Slipperymick3d
Joined Jun 2015
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyncee View Post
Hi

I would like to ask the experience those who build this plane regarding rudder how did you manage the pull pull cables and find the tension of the cables all over the entire travel of the rudder.

My cables are getting lose getting closer to the 2 ends, but what even I found weird is that the cables rubbing the rear rib as it can be seen on the photo.

The cables are crossed.

Regards,
Vince
Vince , I had same problem with mine , when I checked the horns in the rudder they were not central would be first thing to check . I also had to make a custom servo horn to help the problem , I used the pull pull cable software to work it out . Not very impressed at the time to have to dig out the rudder horns and do the extra work
Slipperymick3d is offline Find More Posts by Slipperymick3d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-10-2021, 05:11 PM
Find More Posts by wyncee
Joined Jun 2009
37 Posts
Hi Slipperymick3d,

Thanks for confirm this. Meanwhile I came to the same conclusion just from the practical side.
I did a trial with a 41% Krill Extra bellcránk what has 4.5 mm offset, with that it was still not possible to keep up the tension, but the situation became better clearly. By that at the 2nd time I adjusted the offset to 10 mm and that now works perfectly for me.

I always feel a bit uncertain when I meet with such design failure by thinking of that I have a perfect plane what does not require any brainwork or modification for this price and probably I see something wrongly. Than I realize hey I am building a plane so the fact and reality not always in line with my expectations thus some extra effort is needed to achieve it. This is a minor issue compared those cases what I experienced with other brands...

For the second plane probably I will need to redesign and CNC mill the bellcrank completely because at there MKS servos are going to be used which have their own special servo arm... ��������

This one also not the state of art as it looks now, probably I redesign this one as well...
wyncee is offline Find More Posts by wyncee
Last edited by wyncee; 03-10-2021 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:54 AM
Find More Posts by andydallas
United States, TX, Mesquite
Joined Jan 2016
106 Posts
I am a little confused if you use servo arms provided with the kit (which would seem right considering how different the servo set-up is) or do you provide your own servo arms?

If the arms come with the kit, is there a way to use a "inside hole" so that your throw is limited if someone is flying precision compared to someone flying in a style that needs more throw?

The plane is very interesting, just not enough people talking about it for most of us to even think about that kind of money or an airframe.
andydallas is offline Find More Posts by andydallas
Old 05-18-2021, 09:00 AM
Find More Posts by gmorales83
Carbon Fiber Everything
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Mar 2008
714 Posts
You will want to use the carbon arms supplied with the kit as this is what fits the heavy duty clevis and ball links supplied. Everything works together as it is supplied and is extremely robust. You can always get more carbon arms from CARF or even make your own, and the hardware is of the Dubro variety I believe. What you need to join your servos to these supplied carbon arms is (8) Savox aluminum dual servo arms that happen to fit the supplied carbon arms perfectly. You can use other dual arms but you may need to trim and redrill holes.

To answer your other question: you can move the control surfaces to an inner hole on the supplied carbon arms for more precise throw. Two positions are supplied to choose from, the rest you do on your transmitter.

I started a build thread that I need to update, but i'll show here how I installed everything with photos.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=308331

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydallas View Post
I am a little confused if you use servo arms provided with the kit (which would seem right considering how different the servo set-up is) or do you provide your own servo arms?

If the arms come with the kit, is there a way to use a "inside hole" so that your throw is limited if someone is flying precision compared to someone flying in a style that needs more throw?

The plane is very interesting, just not enough people talking about it for most of us to even think about that kind of money or an airframe.
gmorales83 is offline Find More Posts by gmorales83
Old 05-18-2021, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by andydallas
United States, TX, Mesquite
Joined Jan 2016
106 Posts
Thanks i have subscribed to your build thread, I love the concept of what they are doing, and want to hear more people talk about how it flies,,,the plane is way above my abilities but I tend to buy planes before I can fully appreciate them, its just a lot for an airframe with a limited track record
andydallas is offline Find More Posts by andydallas
Old 08-10-2022, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by kiwioz
Joined Mar 2022
1 Posts
Need advice

Hi all
Thinking of buying one. However need advice on transport. Is it posable to remove the rudder and spinner for transport??

If one of you kind people could please measure the airframe without the rudder and spinner on ??

Thank for reading and hopefully can give me the measurements
kiwioz is offline Find More Posts by kiwioz

Quick Reply