logo
Old 11-26-2018, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by cbk07
Mouth Runner
United States, CT, Farmington
Joined Jan 2006
1,735 Posts
Just picked up some Auras to experiment in pylon racers (Q500 and Q40) . Using JR DMSS with XBUS and believe I read that travel adjusts in tx should be set to 88% Is this correct?

Also, does anyone have files or recommended setups for this type of airframe? Thanks,

Craig
cbk07 is offline Find More Posts by cbk07
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-26-2018, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by madinpensacola
New plane junkie
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jun 2014
2,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk07 View Post
Just picked up some Auras to experiment in pylon racers (Q500 and Q40) . Using JR DMSS with XBUS and believe I read that travel adjusts in tx should be set to 88% Is this correct?

Also, does anyone have files or recommended setups for this type of airframe? Thanks,

Craig
Teach a man to fish...
http://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki/Aura
madinpensacola is offline Find More Posts by madinpensacola
Old 11-27-2018, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by cbk07
Mouth Runner
Joined Jan 2006
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madinpensacola View Post

Thank you for the link. Read and learned a lot!

Still would like some recommended preliminary settings for these types of planes moving at 160-200 MPH. Don't want any surprises
Old 11-27-2018, 08:11 AM
Find More Posts by madinpensacola
New plane junkie
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jun 2014
2,367 Posts
Quote:

Still would like some recommended preliminary settings for these types of planes moving at 160-200 MPH. Don't want any surprises
Also in their wiki site I believe they may have a stock program for the QQ F16 turbine if I recall correctly. That could give you a good point of comparison for a fast aircraft. Just download it and open it in the AuraConfig program and take a look. I like to take screen shots with my iPad and use them for comparison.

If you’re on Facebook, this official Flex group is a great resource and questions get answered fairly quickly. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Flex...onsOwnersClub/

For a short answer, using their setup wizard in the AuraConfig program, “sport” aircraft seems to be the go to answer. I’ve used it on slower, 140mph type aircraft without issue. Selecting to put the master gain on a dial on your transmitter can help substantially in finding that sweet spot in flight. Easily change the gain from zero to hero.
madinpensacola is offline Find More Posts by madinpensacola
Last edited by madinpensacola; 11-27-2018 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:16 AM
Find More Posts by 3DJP
United States, NJ, Penns Grove
Joined Dec 2015
1,575 Posts
Quote:

Set your gain up on a roller knob so you can adjust it on the fly.. call flex and talk to somebody that’s what I did and they were very helpful.. also I believe it’s loaded with to settings.. one for scale and one geared more for sport/3D.. they work great!! Good luck with it.

Justin
3DJP is offline Find More Posts by 3DJP
Old 11-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Find More Posts by cbk07
Mouth Runner
Joined Jan 2006
1,735 Posts
Excellent. Thanks again guys!!!
I just signed up for the Facebook group too. Really appreciate the help
Old 12-18-2018, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by KMatch
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
690 Posts
I've been searching but all seems quiet regarding the 1.6 update. I'm waiting for a return call from Flex but decided to toss it out here as well. 2 of my planes use the aura 8 with dual spectrum sats. Since the firmware addresses this, and I have seen either plane flashing the led of one sat at random times I upgraded. Big mistake! I have flashed both multiple times, switched stock configurations per Flex after having this problem with the first plane, and several other attempts to patch/work around this and none work. After each rebind, all works until the power is off. Thinking had a bad satellite I simply removed one from the first plane converting it to A only. But when plane 2 did the same thing I was forced to dig deeper. To trick it into finding both I have to unplug B, turn on the plane with the transmitter on, wait for LEDs to settle, then plug B in and all comes to life. You can unplug either sat and all still works fine proving both sats are working. Surely someone else has to have seen this since the only 2 planes I have with dual sats have the same exact problem. Anyone?
KMatch is offline Find More Posts by KMatch
Old 12-19-2018, 12:18 PM
Find More Posts by grosbeak
Illegitimi non carborundum
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2012
2,094 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm planning to install an Aura 8 in a plane. I have an S.Bus receiver and digital servos for the control surfaces.

I'm assuming only the control surface servos need to be connected to the Aura 8 and that I can leave my throttle with its analog servo connected to the receiver along with the ignition cutoff and the IBEC.

Her's my wiring plan... if I'm off course please steer me straight. And my apologies if this question has been answered already.

BTW, I installed the Aura 8 in PWM mode in my Pulse 125 last year. It made a nice difference in stability and I have a lot more confidence flying on windy days. Here's how it's wired:

The full writeup is at http://www.grosbeakrc.ca/aircraft/pu...e125_gyro.html
grosbeak is offline Find More Posts by grosbeak
Old 12-20-2018, 12:19 AM
Find More Posts by sande005
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Apr 2009
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grosbeak View Post
Hi folks,

I'm planning to install an Aura 8 in a plane. I have an S.Bus receiver and digital servos for the control surfaces.

I'm assuming only the control surface servos need to be connected to the Aura 8 and that I can leave my throttle with its analog servo connected to the receiver along with the ignition cutoff and the IBEC.

Her's my wiring plan... if I'm off course please steer me straight. And my apologies if this question has been answered already.

BTW, I installed the Aura 8 in PWM mode in my Pulse 125 last year. It made a nice difference in stability and I have a lot more confidence flying on windy days. Here's how it's wired:

The full writeup is at http://www.grosbeakrc.ca/aircraft/pu...e125_gyro.html
The setup you show for the new plane is exactly what I use for my QQ Yak. (Except I use FrSky receivers) It will be great. Plan on having two power leads - one to the Rx, and one to the Aura. It will help if there are "brownouts". Best is two battery packs, of course, but even just having a "Y" off of one will be an additional insurance policy.
sande005 is offline Find More Posts by sande005
Old 12-20-2018, 07:37 AM
Find More Posts by grosbeak
Illegitimi non carborundum
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2012
2,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
The setup you show for the new plane is exactly what I use for my QQ Yak. (Except I use FrSky receivers) It will be great. Plan on having two power leads - one to the Rx, and one to the Aura. It will help if there are "brownouts". Best is two battery packs, of course, but even just having a "Y" off of one will be an additional insurance policy.

Much appreciated! New diagram:

grosbeak is offline Find More Posts by grosbeak
Last edited by grosbeak; 12-20-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:36 PM
Find More Posts by Oilfield USA
United States, NM, Roswell
Joined Jun 2014
139 Posts
Subscribed
Oilfield USA is offline Find More Posts by Oilfield USA
Old 04-13-2020, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by vatechguy3
United States, VA, Smithfield
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
I dont see anything in here regarding setting up dual servo aileron servos (per surface, like a 35% model)?

Can someone point me in the right place?

Thanks
Tony
vatechguy3 is offline Find More Posts by vatechguy3
Old 04-13-2020, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechguy3 View Post
I dont see anything in here regarding setting up dual servo aileron servos (per surface, like a 35% model)?

Can someone point me in the right place?

Thanks
Tony
I can post my ACF file, but it'll take some explaining.

Here's a simplified version.
1) In your Aura config, select 4 aileron servos

For me, I use the inboard servo as a primary servo, and I'll setup my aileron travel and center exactly the way I want it using the Aura Config tool, keepin in mind to make sure the geometry is close to perfect as possible.

Do this with the outboard servo disconnected. You can have it plugged in, but make sure that the servo arm and linkage is not on the outboard servo.

After you get the inboard servo perfect.. Setup your outboard servo.

Start with verifying the geometry at center. Adjust the servo linkage to closely mimic what the master servo position is. On my servo arm, I put the 3mm screw in from the bottom up, that way I can freely move the servo pushrod and remove as necessary.

Using the aura config tool, make sure that the outboard servo center is the same as the inboard. Use the Subtrim option in the "Servo" tab. There should be ZERO tension on the pushrod, you can tell this by being able to slide the pushrood up and down the 3mm screw.

Remove the linkage again, and move the surface to either full left or right, up to you which one you want to setup first.

Then using the servo tab in the aura config tool, advance or retard the servo arm using the end point adjustment. Use your pushrod to guage the position of your servo. When it's right, the pushrod should just slip on the screw with zero pressure.

Repeat for the other side.

Now once you've done all 3, check to see how things move, you'll find that doing the 3 point match, if done properly, you'll have zero binding throughout the movement. You can test this by moving the push rod and seeing the tension on the screw throughout the travel.

Hope this helps.
JoeT is online now Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 04-13-2020, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by vatechguy3
United States, VA, Smithfield
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
Thanks

Tony
vatechguy3 is offline Find More Posts by vatechguy3
Old 06-08-2020, 09:27 AM
Find More Posts by Petya
Estados Unidos, FL, Miami
Joined Jun 2008
63 Posts
Friends, still talking about airplanes with 4 servos on the wings, I'm finishing a Christen Eagle GP 50cc (4 ailerons 1servo/aileron) and I intend to use a gyro on it. Setup IX12 + AR9020 SRXL.
I always used Igyro 3E and SRS and Cortex, I never used an Aura. But both have no enough slots for 4 servos on the wings.
I read in the aura FAQ that all 8 outputs can be configured for the channels (4 ailerons, 2 elevators, 1 rudder in my case).
In this case, even if there is one channel left, is the gain control done by the SRXL or by this spare channel?
THANKS
Petya is offline Find More Posts by Petya
Last edited by Petya; 06-08-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply