logo
Old 05-09-2019, 07:32 AM
Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar 9
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash-n-burn View Post
Sure would look nice on floats ! Hopefully thats in its future.
They are. When? I cant say. I had sample 1 and they were too heavy. I am still waiting on sample 2 but the factory is full full steam on producing Tim110 kits right now.

Regards Ali
Ali Machinchy is offline Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Find More Posts by fencelake
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined May 2014
9 Posts
I called Horizon about this same issue on the XCub, and they didn't have an answer - but here again they're advertising/marketing a product with optional PR Bushwheels, PR Bushwheels shutdown indefinitely in November 2018 due to the death of the owner. It's on their website and Facebook.

I would've bought the X-cub if it came with bushwheels but it says "available from vendor" or something like that, but they're not. I had PR's on my Super Cub and they're fantastic, I wish they were still in business. I don't know how Horizon is planning to make this happen on their newest product. Anyone know?
fencelake is offline Find More Posts by fencelake
Old 05-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fencelake View Post
I called Horizon about this same issue on the XCub, and they didn't have an answer - but here again they're advertising/marketing a product with optional PR Bushwheels, PR Bushwheels shutdown indefinitely in November 2018 due to the death of the owner. It's on their website and Facebook.

I would've bought the X-cub if it came with bushwheels but it says "available from vendor" or something like that, but they're not. I had PR's on my Super Cub and they're fantastic, I wish they were still in business. I don't know how Horizon is planning to make this happen on their newest product. Anyone know?
One of our ambassadors has been in contact with the son of Robert ( Founder of PR Bushwheels who died ) and managed to source new PR's.
The wheels you see fitted to the Timber 110 were the last product Robert made before he died. He sent them to me with one of his usually eloquent and charming hand written notes 3 days before he died. He was super excited about this project but passed before he could see them in use. There is no way that I was not fitting them!
Sorry if this aggravates you in any way? Not once do we ever state on the Cub or the Timmy 110 that these wheels are anything we supply.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:33 AM
Joined May 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Machinchy View Post
One of our ambassadors has been in contact with the son of Robert ( Founder of PR Bushwheels who died ) and managed to source new PR's.
The wheels you see fitted to the Timber 110 were the last product Robert made before he died. He sent them to me with one of his usually eloquent and charming hand written notes 3 days before he died. He was super excited about this project but passed before he could see them in use. There is no way that I was not fitting them!
Sorry if this aggravates you in any way? Not once do we ever state on the Cub or the Timmy 110 that these wheels are anything we supply.
I agree, he was great and even sent me a free tailwheel assembly and shocks for my 1/3 scale super cub.

You are correct, you never said you supplied them, but every X-cub photo and video has them on. and in 1/16" size print "available from other vendor" The Xcub is a completely different looking airplane with or without them. Obviously looks way better with. I was just surprised there's now another product coming out that implies these will be available (from some source) to add on, and they won't be. Just gonna make sure everyone knows.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:45 AM
Find More Posts by MarksHangar
I'm just "Miss Behavin"
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined May 2014
582 Posts
Quote:
I agree, he was great and even sent me a free tailwheel assembly and shocks for my 1/3 scale super cub.

You are correct, you never said you supplied them, but every X-cub photo and video has them on. and in 1/16" size print "available from other vendor" The Xcub is a completely different looking airplane with or without them. Obviously looks way better with. I was just surprised there's now another product coming out that implies these will be available (from some source) to add on, and they won't be. Just gonna make sure everyone knows.
And another hobbyist finds his vocation in life.
MarksHangar is offline Find More Posts by MarksHangar
Old 05-09-2019, 08:52 AM
Joined May 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksHangar View Post
And another hobbyist finds his vocation in life.
Nah, I think my point is made.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:10 AM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
@Fencelake- What was your point? To troll?

You are a hobbyist. Cant you figure out a way to source or fabricate something to fit your needs?
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 05-09-2019, 09:16 AM
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:

As I said. It is my understanding that Roberts Son will be starting to produce and supply PR Bushwheels once again. Our ambassador Chloe told me that she spoke with him and sourced a set for her Xcub recently.
I am pretty sure that most of the Tim-110 outbound marketing is showing the stock gear and wheels? The only example I have with the Xcub sprung U/c and PR bushwheels is the short wing sample Timber that is in a different color scheme. So I cant see that being used much for marketing somehow?
Old 05-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
768 Posts
Ali thanks for the heads up on the debut. I will probably pre order. While going through the info on the Horizon site I noticed the set up section shows using the power safes on the gas versions. Is there a particular reason? I was just going to use a 9350 that I have on hand.

Thanks,

Jay
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old 05-09-2019, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by mmmccull
United States, WI, Franklin
Joined Dec 2016
21 Posts
It's nice there is no shipping surcharge. I bought the GP 30cc Avistar when it first came out at about $550 plus $60 shipping surcharge. But then again, the Tower discount pretty much nullified the surcharge. I couldn't believe when that plane actually went down in price to about $430 not long before the demise of GP.
mmmccull is offline Find More Posts by mmmccull
Old 05-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by vatechguy3
United States, VA, Smithfield
Joined Jan 2006
2,305 Posts
Ali,

Any plans for a short wing, big control surface version of this, similar to the timber x 1.2m?

Thanks
Tony
vatechguy3 is online now Find More Posts by vatechguy3
Old 05-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by Mr. Scary
28x Fanboy
United States, KS, Topeka
Joined May 2014
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Machinchy View Post
I would love to... But sub $700 for a 110" span model with this spec, covered in Ultracote and fully compliant with a huge manual and able to be distributed through a dealer network as well as having HH's product support while still remaining profitable for Vendor/ distributor and re seller/ dealer??? I know the numbers and I just cant see that being "do-able"

Regards Ali

And yet $699 shipped is sub-700!! I understand MOST (Im sure not all) the issues involved and I'd say that's very well done! I'm in for one. Looking forward to having a blast with the DLE55
Mr. Scary is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Scary
Old 05-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Scary View Post
And yet $699 shipped is sub-700!! I understand MOST (Im sure not all) the issues involved and I'd say that's very well done! I'm in for one. Looking forward to having a blast with the DLE55

Regards Ali
Old 05-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechguy3 View Post
Ali,

Any plans for a short wing, big control surface version of this, similar to the timber x 1.2m?

Thanks
Tony
Big control surfaces?? Have you seen the size of them on the 110? It already slows the roll down if you use all of the available surface area on the wing!
I did a 100 sample wing and it was no more agile. Just higher loaded. I am guessing it will stay as it is unless I am told otherwise..

Regards Ali
Old 05-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Joined Jan 2016
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
Ali thanks for the heads up on the debut. I will probably pre order. While going through the info on the Horizon site I noticed the set up section shows using the power safes on the gas versions. Is there a particular reason? I was just going to use a 9350 that I have on hand.

Thanks,

Jay
I suggested them because of the potential high load from all of those powerful servos flying heavy 3D. I like the dual battery for this type of set up.

9350 in our EP version is working well.

Regards Ali

Quick Reply