Old 03-23-2016, 09:04 AM
Find More Posts by Rush7
Huckin somewhere under the sun
Chattanooga, TN
Joined Mar 2007
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb48 View Post
I don't own one but I had the pleasure of flying one recently. The one I flew had 85% expo and still felt loose. I'm thinking it's just the way the airframe flys. Still a ton of fun even though it has a different feel in the air. I used the high rates only to do some fast rolls and snaps. High rates also feel pretty good in slow flight.
Thanks cherrybomb. I was thinking that was the case. It is a blast to fly for sure and it will keep you on your toes. I am going to dial in some more expo.
Rush7 is offline Find More Posts by Rush7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-24-2016, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by jlouden
United States, IN, Pittsboro
Joined Feb 2010
12 Posts
Make sure you are not tail heavy. The instructions say 12" from the trailing edge at the middle. I fly mine with 35% expo on mid rates and 50% on high. I consider the Outlaw a very stable aircraft and have never had problems controlling one.
jlouden is offline Find More Posts by jlouden
Old 03-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by Colton
Now taking maneuver requests!
United States, GA, Smyrna
Joined Mar 2010
2,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush7 View Post
I put the first flights on mine yesterday and I need a little advice. I noticed that the plane felt extremely touchy even on low rates. I set up low/medium /high rates. I took off on medium rates and switched to low rates for the rest of the flight because the plane felt so loose. It was windy and only needed a few clicks of aileron and elevator to get it flying straight.

The question that I have are first, is this plane just that sensitive to control inputs. I have at least 65% expo on every surface. Second is, when are you all switching to high rates?
This is the first elevon plane that I have flown. Any advice to help on my next flights?
Hey man!

You could definitely be a touch tail heavy. You're also getting in that range where expo starts getting a negative effect. Nothing really happens for so long on your stick travel, then it has to make a large movement to catch up. Check CG first and even if good maybe scoot it forward a little more. If it's still to touchy try bringing your expo down to about 45%
Colton is offline Find More Posts by Colton
Old 03-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by supatimhanstine
Owner/Operator at NorthWest RC
Orting, WA
Joined Nov 2008
1,767 Posts
Been a little quiet around here so I'm guessing everybody else is having fun with their Outlaws too! Here's a little snippet from this weekend, had 5 go up and come down so overall it was an awesome time!!! We're definitely not 3d'ing them, but they are definitely scratching the go-fast itch!

Speed Freak Outlaw 150mph Follow the Leader Flight (Flight of Five) (1 min 23 sec)
supatimhanstine is offline Find More Posts by supatimhanstine
Last edited by supatimhanstine; 03-28-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by huvaljohn
United States, LA, Lafayette
Joined Jun 2010
967 Posts
They definitely are a hoot to fly and a fun change of pace. Have a handful of buddies here that own them. We are extremely satisfied with these quick little suckers!!
huvaljohn is offline Find More Posts by huvaljohn

Quick Reply