Old 06-17-2019, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by AKNick
It's Tougher in Alaska
United States, AK, Juneau
Joined Feb 2014
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp View Post

On the way to the US distribution warehouse!?!? Does this mean it's on the water (ETA 3weeks??) or in the US with an earlier ETA I wonder?

AKNick is offline Find More Posts by AKNick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-19-2019, 08:53 AM
Find More Posts by alex24
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Jan 2006
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKNick View Post
On the way to the US distribution warehouse!?!? Does this mean it's on the water (ETA 3weeks??) or in the US with an earlier ETA I wonder?

Correct! They are on the water to our US distribution center.
The late July ETA is correct.

Alex
alex24 is offline Find More Posts by alex24
Old 06-20-2019, 06:34 PM
It's Tougher in Alaska
Joined Feb 2014
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex24 View Post
Correct! They are on the water to our US distribution center.
The late July ETA is correct.
Alex
Just got word from my LHS of Mid July! Going to get this beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcazes View Post
but man it looks great with the full gear at the 3 minute mark in the promo video!!!
It looks different than the red sprung gear that is optional from the Xcub, Are those the P18 PR Bushwheel gear struts shown, that are no longer available? I'd like more info on what is exactly shown in the video with the sprung gear.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/sprung-...cc-p-han526024

Might have to make my own extended gear with some car shocks. I wish I had dimensions now for where to start.

PR Bushwheels used to have struts and a tail wheel for them, but I don't think they ever produced full landing gear. This is a video a guy had about the products back when they were available.

PR Bush Wheels Un-Boxed With ChuckT (7 min 31 sec)
Old 06-20-2019, 07:04 PM
Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2015
577 Posts
Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought that I heard that the son was going to take over the business and start producing wheels again.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old 06-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Just got word from my LHS of Mid July! Going to get this beauty.

It looks different than the red sprung gear that is optional from the Xcub, Are those the P18 PR Bushwheel gear struts shown, that are no longer available? I'd like more info on what is exactly shown in the video with the sprung gear.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/sprung-...cc-p-han526024

Might have to make my own extended gear with some car shocks. I wish I had dimensions now for where to start.

PR Bushwheels used to have struts and a tail wheel for them, but I don't think they ever produced full landing gear. This is a video a guy had about the products back when they were available.

PR Bush Wheels Un-Boxed With ChuckT (7 min 31 sec)
You are correct instead of showcasing the airplane on the website as it comes and as a customer would expect... it is showcased with wheels that are not even available for purchase... honestly you would think that being a showcase model it would be representative of what a consumer would expect to get... just my $0.02 but that is what an employee that is selling a particular item should be doing...
Carruthers43 is online now Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Old 06-21-2019, 06:42 AM
Find More Posts by tcazes
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Sep 2018
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers43 View Post
You are correct instead of showcasing the airplane on the website as it comes and as a customer would expect... it is showcased with wheels that are not even available for purchase... honestly you would think that being a showcase model it would be representative of what a consumer would expect to get... just my $0.02 but that is what an employee that is selling a particular item should be doing...
They did the same thing for the x cub. Had a guy swear up and down it was stock gear. He was disappointed upon delivery lol
tcazes is offline Find More Posts by tcazes
Old 06-21-2019, 07:22 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcazes View Post
They did the same thing for the x cub. Had a guy swear up and down it was stock gear. He was disappointed upon delivery lol
i work with a former horizon product developer and he thinks it is boarder line dishonest to market an airplane in this manor.... i have to agree... he said he ALWAYS flew the airplanes as they would ship.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by robbinsp
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Sep 2009
3,337 Posts
I remember the fancy gear as being an option at added cost. Nothing new there but I have followed this thread religiously, and other threads as well.

I really wish this airplane had another color scheme. I would have bought it already if so. I just can not do the red and yellow together. Reminds me of ketchup and French fries
robbinsp is offline Find More Posts by robbinsp
Old 06-21-2019, 03:51 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbinsp View Post
I remember the fancy gear as being an option at added cost. Nothing new there but I have followed this thread religiously, and other threads as well.

I really wish this airplane had another color scheme. I would have bought it already if so. I just can not do the red and yellow together. Reminds me of ketchup and French fries
But the fancy tires are not even an option... the company isn’t even around anymore... I also agree with you about the color.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:20 PM
It's Tougher in Alaska
Joined Feb 2014
359 Posts
Each to his own about the color scheme.

That will be neat if his Son takes over PR bushwheels

I know Ali said at one point that the short clip in the video is more of in honor of Robert? I wish the video was more clear on the aftermarket gear/components shown are not available currently. especially since it labels them as the Xcub gear. I have some 8.75" PR's waiting for this plane, but disappointed of my gear configuration options currently.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:09 AM
Find More Posts by marksp
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2013
299 Posts
Quote:
... I wish the video was more clear on the aftermarket gear/components shown are not available currently. especially since it labels them as the Xcub gear. I have some 8.75" PR's waiting for this plane, but disappointed of my gear configuration options currently.
Regarding optional gear - both the XCub gear and the XCub tailwheel are currently available. Looks like the only difference in what is shown (at 2:26 in video) and what you get as shipped is they’ve removed the covering and sanded or media blasted the aluminum gear which come painted red.

HAN526024

If you already have the PRB wheels, then you’re good to go.
marksp is offline Find More Posts by marksp
Last edited by marksp; 06-22-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:13 PM
It's Tougher in Alaska
Joined Feb 2014
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksp View Post
Regarding optional gear - both the XCub gear and the XCub tailwheel are currently available. Looks like the only difference in what is shown (at 2:26 in video) and what you get as shipped is they’ve removed the covering and sanded or media blasted the aluminum gear which come painted red.

HAN526024

If you already have the PRB wheels, then you’re good to go.

I'm with you, The XCub gear will work. I'm guessing the user will have to repaint to look like the gear in the video. I'm guessing they'll come like the picture you posted.
The video never did show the PR Struts, so I stand corrected there.

Also I see the 7" AirTops on Espirit website, with the 8" coming soon. Might be the only other viable option for bush tires for everyone else.
https://www.topmodelcz.cz/index.php?&desktop_back=eshop&action_back=&id_back =0&desktop=eshop&action=zbozi_detail&id=6353
Old 06-22-2019, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by SteveT.
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2008
428 Posts
Nice wheels, but they weigh 1.123 pounds EACH!!!!

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:28 AM
It's Tougher in Alaska
Joined Feb 2014
359 Posts
Found it. Here is the post from the original prototypes post. They are the red gear only available, the other ones were unpainted when showcased, and he explains the PR Bushwheels being put on for sentimental reasons.
Post 116
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...+timber&page=8
Old 06-24-2019, 08:12 AM
Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy
Ali Machinchy: Snr PD Hangar 9
Joined Jan 2016
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers43 View Post
i work with a former horizon product developer and he thinks it is boarder line dishonest to market an airplane in this manor.... i have to agree... he said he ALWAYS flew the airplanes as they would ship.
Really ! Dishonest !
I have just been to our web page for the T110. There is not one image that shows anything but the stock gear and wheels. I then went back to the video and watched it all the way through. Out of nearly 3 and a half minuets of footage. There is one 10 sec or less slow mo shot that shows the 110 on the Xcub gear. In said shot. The "Call Out" that states the undercarriage and wheels are optional takes up one third of the screen! How much clearer would you like us to make it?
The Sprung Undercarriage is heavy. Those PR Bush wheels are hella heavy. Not to mention expensive. Do you think we should have made these parts stock and deterred those customers who wanted to keep the plane as light as possible and as fun to fly as possible?
Sounds like you and your ex PD need to come back and make H9 great again ! I wonder how well the Timber 110 would sell at $1300 with the sprung gear and PR Bush Wheels.
By the way. When I started developing the T110 I was in close collaboration with PR. Right up until the owner died suddenly. It was always my intention to work with them and try and help their small business grow but setting the 110 up so customers could choose the PR's as an option. Just as I did with the Xcub. If all had gone to plan then that would be the case. However. It didn't. Sorry about that! I knew Robert was really excited about his products being featured on another H9 plane and that's why I made sure they were in the video. if that's enough to get you so triggered as to call me dishonest...... I was going to apologies. But I don't think I will!
Ali Machinchy is offline Find More Posts by Ali Machinchy

Quick Reply