Old 10-08-2019, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by Cycletech
CycleTech
United States, CT, Greenwich
Joined Jun 2019
145 Posts
Discussion
PilotRC 35% Extra 330lx

Im intetested in the PilotRC Extra 330lx and would like to hear from those that have(had) one and whaat your thoughts are on the airframe. Is the airframe of good quality and does it really fly as true and responsive as Im experiencing on my simulater. From what Im seeing it has flying characteristics similar to the EF Slick 580 which would make sense considering its short fuse and huge elevator. Any advise would be great. Thanks!
Cycletech is offline Find More Posts by Cycletech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-08-2019, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
desert racer
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,194 Posts
nothing flies like the EF Slick 580 and a DA 120 , nothing !
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old 10-09-2019, 07:17 AM
Find More Posts by KMatch
United States, TX, Bay City
Joined Nov 2016
584 Posts
While I don't have an LX I own 3 Pilot 330 SCs in various sizes from 20-55cc and an Edge 540 in 100cc. Quality is outstanding. If you land it hard this its weakness but in the air all are solid and go where you point them. Rudder authority is slightly less on each one than a broader fuse plane like an ARS or Yak but elevator authority is great on all of them. They will all knife edge loop but just not as tight as the others mentioned as size goes up. Walls will have each one rotate well over 90 onto its back and parachutes stop dead in it track. Each one has been dialed in with 3-6% mixing to zero out knife edge coupling as each one has a slight tuck to the gear and roll out. Very minor. These are every bit as good as any Ef, 3dhs, etc, on the market and each will be more limited by your abilities rather than your ability to outfly their designs.
KMatch is offline Find More Posts by KMatch

Quick Reply