logo
Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by craig77
UK
Joined Jul 2006
835 Posts
BTW cant wait to see this plane fly and see how it compares the the 35% krill 330sc in performance :-)
craig77 is offline Find More Posts by craig77
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by as722
Team JR
Pennsyvania
Joined Jan 2006
1,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Bird View Post
Thanks, guys. Andreas and I worked on the scheme for a couple weeks getting it just right. I've only seen the pictures of mine. I can't wait to see the real thing. Andreas told me it was beautiful!!

I'll be doing a build thread on the "2013 Series" 3.1m Extra 330SC to highlight the improvements made in the new series and show how it will be set up for competition.
Isn't this a scale scheme that you added checkers to?
as722 is offline Find More Posts by as722
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Find More Posts by Dean Bird
Straight huckin' !!
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by as722 View Post
Isn't this a scale scheme that you added checkers to?

We started with a full scale scheme and made changes until we got what we wanted. Here is the quote from the website.

This scheme based on a full scale scheme, but we modified the lines and colors so that they would support the great lines of this airplane best.

http://www.carf-models.com/public_ca...ant&proId=3315
Dean Bird is offline Find More Posts by Dean Bird
Old 04-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Straight huckin' !!
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
Most of you guys are familiar with CARF's Extra 330SC in 3.0m and 2.3m form, so it was obvious they would produce a version in the super popular 2.6 size!

I was one of the guys who started asking for it, as it suits the UK market well and I'm a rep for CARF in England and have worked with them on several projects.

The first 2.6m kit arrived in England today, destined for good friend Andrew Bird. I'm sure he'll chip in here as he's more used to being on FG than me having resided in the US on and off for a few years.

Colour options swap the Magenta for orange, yellow, or a host of stock CARF colours

Dave

Hey, everyone. My 122" (3.1m) Extra 330SC showed up yesterday. It is BEAUTIFUL!!

In the pictures of my Black/Yellow Chequer scheme, the camera really highlights the black. The yellow and white aren't that sharp in the photos.

WOW!! I took it out of the boxes to inspect it and the yellow and white are super brilliant. They contrast and balance the black perfectly!!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Straight huckin' !!
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Most of you guys are familiar with CARF's Extra 330SC in 3.0m and 2.3m form, so it was obvious they would produce a version in the super popular 2.6 size!

I was one of the guys who started asking for it, as it suits the UK market well and I'm a rep for CARF in England and have worked with them on several projects.

The first 2.6m kit arrived in England today, destined for good friend Andrew Bird. I'm sure he'll chip in here as he's more used to being on FG than me having resided in the US on and off for a few years.

Colour options swap the Magenta for orange, yellow, or a host of stock CARF colours.

Dave

I wanted to give everyone some great news on this scheme. Black/Yellow is the stock color for the Chequer Scheme on the 122" (3.1m) Extra 330SC. Black/Orange is stock for the Chequer Scheme on the 102" (2.6m) Extra 330SC.

For a very limited time, you can order a "color swap" at no additional charge!! A plane will be built specifically for you with the Composite-ARF paint colors you choose.

Get a quote from your Sales Rep and specify the color swap you'd like. Let them know I told you about the limited time free color swap. Time is limited on this, so get your quote in as quick as you can to take advantage of this deal. Thanks, Andreas!!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Straight huckin' !!
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Most of you guys are familiar with CARF's Extra 330SC in 3.1m and 2.3m form, so it was obvious they would produce a version in the super popular 2.6 size!

Did Andrew get the plane? I'm looking forward to seeing his review of the new plane.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:43 AM
Find More Posts by Andrew Bird
United Kingdom, England, Molesey
Joined Sep 2007
927 Posts
I will post a few pics when I can. I did get a lot of work done on the plane last week but time has been really tight recently and now I'm trying to get an Ultra Flash finished up!

The motor is mounted (3w 110CS), there were no problems fitting KS 1060 pipes and equipment trays have been a nice fit so far. The biggest issue for me at the moment is time and I will attempt to give a decent update and photo's when I have some. Unfortunately I'm leaving on a work trip tomorrow and am away all next week as well so it'll take a bit of time
Andrew Bird is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Bird
Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Find More Posts by skymaster68
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jan 2006
569 Posts
Have an orange chequers on the way!!
skymaster68 is offline Find More Posts by skymaster68
Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 AM
Straight huckin' !!
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster68 View Post
Have an orange chequers on the way!!

Congrats!! Wait until you take it out to the box. The scheme and finish look incredible!!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Find More Posts by Dave Wilshere
Joined Apr 2008
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bird View Post
I will post a few pics when I can. I did get a lot of work done on the plane last week but time has been really tight recently and now I'm trying to get an Ultra Flash finished up!

The motor is mounted (3w 110CS), there were no problems fitting KS 1060 pipes and equipment trays have been a nice fit so far. The biggest issue for me at the moment is time and I will attempt to give a decent update and photo's when I have some. Unfortunately I'm leaving on a work trip tomorrow and am away all next week as well so it'll take a bit of time

One thing Andrew did not say-the 3w 110 is not a drop in fit on the 2.6. Its too long. We had to modify a few things to get the spinner back enough.

Dw
Dave Wilshere is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wilshere
Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Find More Posts by TROYS PIT-BITCH
Damo loves building my planes
WAGGA WAGGA
Joined Apr 2006
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bird View Post

Hey andrew,
Does your husband fly? Nice colour mate
TROYS PIT-BITCH is offline Find More Posts by TROYS PIT-BITCH
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by Andrew Bird
United Kingdom, England, Molesey
Joined Sep 2007
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROYS PIT-BITCH View Post
Hey andrew,

Lol - you cheeky b$stard!
Andrew Bird is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Bird
Old 04-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Straight huckin' !!
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROYS PIT-BITCH View Post
Hey andrew,

Too funny. Andreas tells me the Black/Magenta is the most popular color combination on a world wide basis.

Just a reminder to everyone. CARF-Models is still offering a free color swap if you want something other than Orange for the Chequer Scheme on the 102" (2.6m) Extra 330SC or something other than Yellow for the Chequer Scheme on the 122" (3.1m) Extra 330SC.

They'll build one in this beautiful scheme with the CARF-Models paint colors of your choice. Just put a note in your request for a quote that you want the "limited time free color swap" and let them know what you'd like on yours.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Straight huckin' !!
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Bird View Post
Just a reminder to everyone. CARF-Models is still offering a free color swap if you want something other than Orange for the Chequer Scheme on the 102" (2.6m) Extra 330SC or something other than Yellow for the Chequer Scheme on the 122" (3.1m) Extra 330SC.

They'll build one in this beautiful scheme with the CARF-Models paint colors of your choice. Just put a note in your request for a quote that you want the "limited time free color swap" and let them know what you'd like on yours.

I have the Corel picture of the Chequer scheme. I used free software called Paint.NET to swap in some different colors. The picture quality from the free software is horrible and I'm sure these aren't exactly the shades of the CARF-Models paint colors, but I wanted to let everyone see some different variations of the Chequer scheme.

How about a Red/Blue.

Name: Final scheme - RedBlue.png
Views: 287
Size: 125.4 KB
Description:

Red/Yellow

Name: Final scheme - RedYellow.png
Views: 299
Size: 151.4 KB
Description:

Blue/Black

Name: Final scheme - BlueBlack.png
Views: 240
Size: 125.5 KB
Description:

Blue/Yellow

Name: Final scheme - BlueYellow.png
Views: 216
Size: 151.4 KB
Description:

Yellow/Black

Name: Final scheme - YellowBlack.png
Views: 289
Size: 126.7 KB
Description:

Black/Blue

Name: Final scheme - BlackBlue.png
Views: 221
Size: 182.9 KB
Description:

Black/Magenta

Name: Final scheme - BlackMagenta.png
Views: 209
Size: 211.8 KB
Description:

The Black/Orange can be built especially for you on the 122" Extra 330SC (it's the stock color on the 102" Extra 330SC).

Name: Final scheme - BlackOrange.png
Views: 389
Size: 218.2 KB
Description:

The Black/Yellow can be built especially for you on the 102" Extra 330SC (it's the stock color on the 122" Extra 330SC).

Name: Final scheme - BlackYellow.png
Views: 246
Size: 213.5 KB
Description:

Let me know if you want to see any other color combination.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by mikemaree
Flyin Around Auz
Australia
Joined May 2007
322 Posts
Looks good Andrew.
mikemaree is offline Find More Posts by mikemaree

Quick Reply