logo
Old 05-25-2017, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by The_Wreck
United States, GA, Mableton
Joined May 2006
1,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRKO View Post
Maybe I am not so sorry after all ............the "other" guys responded to my email and followed up with a phone call. I call that Customer Service.
Sorry I missed this post. Been busy at my full time job. As always if you ever have a problem with your tailwheel let us know. Thanks for the kind words, we do our best to work with every customer.

We like being the "other" guys.
The_Wreck is offline Find More Posts by The_Wreck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-20-2017, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by Sydney7796
Joined Oct 2016
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramte2 View Post
CARF 330sc 2.6 finally finished...
Very nice! Did you use 100mm from the tip for the cg or the wingtube?
Sydney7796 is offline Find More Posts by Sydney7796
Old 09-23-2017, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by CaptRKO
Fly it like you stole it!
United States, TX, Kemah
Joined Dec 2009
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wreck View Post
Sorry I missed this post. Been busy at my full time job. As always if you ever have a problem with your tailwheel let us know. Thanks for the kind words, we do our best to work with every customer.

We like being the "other" guys.

You guys were great! Tailwheel is doing well after about 50 flights now! I appreciate the color photos on installation. I will repeat the order soon on my next projects!
CaptRKO is offline Find More Posts by CaptRKO
Old 10-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by Timh
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Jul 2016
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Bird View Post
Mine came with the compression springs. Here's how I hooked up the steering.

Attachment 600555
How does this work out in the long run. It would remove tension from the rudder, but it also places tension on the servo, so I am wondering what the long term results are?
Timh is offline Find More Posts by Timh
Old 10-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by Dean Bird
Straight huckin' !!
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timh View Post
How does this work out in the long run. It would remove tension from the rudder, but it also places tension on the servo, so I am wondering what the long term results are?
The few ounces of tension from that spring is meaningless to a brushless servo with over 400 oz/in of torque. It's significantly less than the weight of an elevator or aileron putting tension on a servo. No worries for the servo in the long term.

The braided cable has worn out where it makes the 180 degree bend around the tiller arm. I've had to replace those cables a few times in over 500 flights.

The braided cable had also cut about half way through the tiller arm after 500 flights. I replaced the tiller because the wheel was totally worn out. It's a quick swap with one lock nut.

I really like the servo directly driving the steering with the compression springs. I just need to find a better way to connect the spring to the servo arm and the steering tiller arm.
Dean Bird is offline Find More Posts by Dean Bird
Old 10-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by Timh
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Jul 2016
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Bird View Post
The few ounces of tension from that spring is meaningless to a brushless servo with over 400 oz/in of torque. It's significantly less than the weight of an elevator or aileron putting tension on a servo. No worries for the servo in the long term.

The braided cable has worn out where it makes the 180 degree bend around the tiller arm. I've had to replace those cables a few times in over 500 flights.

The braided cable had also cut about half way through the tiller arm after 500 flights. I replaced the tiller because the wheel was totally worn out. It's a quick swap with one lock nut.

I really like the servo directly driving the steering with the compression springs. I just need to find a better way to connect the spring to the servo arm and the steering tiller arm.
Very cool to know. I will probably try this. I also recently saw one where they connected it to the rudder control horn. Since they used a pin instead of a bolt for the control horn they used the hole for the cotter pin to attach it.
Timh is offline Find More Posts by Timh

Quick Reply