Old 09-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Find More Posts by deckert
Plowin Dirt
Benton City, Wa.
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
Discussion
NW IMAC/RICHLAND

Here's some shots from Sat. 9/29/2012 The weather was just near perfect. Great sequences by everyone, no crashed birds. A big thank you to the wonderful ladies that did the meal prep. Talk about great food..Spuds, pancakes, eggs, sausage for breakfast. Lunch was Roast Beef, coleslaw & baked beans. No skeeters but there sure were some little flying somethings that loved red & yellow coverings. I had to go thru 200+ photos just to pare this down to the best of what was here.

Youngest pilot, Gabriel, is 11 years old & flying in Basic. So a big congrats to Gabriel on his piloting. He was also the 1st one to step up for the freestyle after the days events and did one heck of a job. There were quite a few visitors that showed up over the course of the day. I'm hoping I can get a group shot tomorrow morning of the 29? 30? pilots with their planes. It's pretty hectic and time constraints are in there. Great people, great food and almost perfect conditions made today a hoot! This reminded me of the Wenatchee Huckfest, you should of been there & here..

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by deckert
Plowin Dirt
Benton City, Wa.
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
I'm not going to upload all the images from today, however here's some shots that do need to be here. There were 29 registered pilots. To all the pilots, I'm/we blah blah are doing a pass off to get the images converted to high quality jpeg files and make them available to Keith. He can then post them as he sees fit. FWIW, there is 4.5 GIG of images from shooting on two days. I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to every individual that attended this event. You IMAC pilots, families & guests just rock and our club is very thankful you let us host this event. I especially want to give a big thank you for all the pilots dragging their birds out to get a group shot. I just wish I could have taken a few better shots to show the world. If you have/see an image you'd like have in hand, drop me a line via e-mail and I'll be glad to send it to you as a big jpeg or as a RAW.cr2 Canon image file. The RAW files are around 20 meg and the .jpeg files are around 3~5 meg. Since FG drops the file sizes, they won't look as good as the real full blown images do.

Not meaning to be redundant in giving credit, I again want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Beth & Colleen for their wonderful food. I also need to throw in a big thanks to Jake for cooking this afternoon. Great job!

Best of all, there were NO accidents and no damage to any the birds. The weather today was just short of perfect. In this writers opinion, I'm not sure things could have worked any better. The pace was fast, furious and executed well.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Find More Posts by Major_Smackdown
Best Seller On FG
Washington State
Joined May 2006
3,271 Posts
Thanks a ton for taking the time to take and post up a bunch of great photos. I regret that I haven't taken the time to take photos at contests and post them up - it does take effort, and I appreciate it !!

thanks,

John
Major_Smackdown is offline Find More Posts by Major_Smackdown
Old 10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by djmille
80's ROCK RULES
United States, OR
Joined Aug 2007
759 Posts
We sincerely thank you guys and gals at Richmond for letting us come fly with you. This was my first time at Higgins field and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the superb level of support your club has to offer. You can bet I will want to return to the "Five Star Oasis" in the future.
Thanks again to all the friendly locals who helped us out.
-Darin
djmille is offline Find More Posts by djmille
Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by wingwall
Edgewood, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,172 Posts
Cool pics and vid.

Great location and weather. Great field. Fantastic club with so many members that welcome us there. Oh, the food was so good. Over did Saturday dinner, but it was great to see fellow pilots again and meet some new people. Thanks Keith and all his support crew.
wingwall is offline Find More Posts by wingwall
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Best Seller On FG
Washington State
Joined May 2006
3,271 Posts
It was good to see you out again Warren - (I don't have to and you can't make me !!)

Sorry - the audio sux.

Higgins field, Richland Washington RC Flying Field (5 min 0 sec)

Richland 2012 IMAC - Flightline (2 min 11 sec)
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Find More Posts by wingwall
Edgewood, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,172 Posts
Ah, yes,

I don't have to do it,
I don't want to do it,
You can't make me do it,
I'm retired!
wingwall is offline Find More Posts by wingwall
Old 10-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Best Seller On FG
Washington State
Joined May 2006
3,271 Posts
Final Video (actually this was the second one in chronological order) from Regionals.

Gopro naza Richland 2012 IMAC (10 min 39 sec)
Last edited by Major_Smackdown; 10-03-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Quick Reply