Trader Rating: 0
United States, NC, Leicester
Joined Oct 2014
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Discussion
How to repost ad with price drop?

Hello this is Art from NC.
I'm trying to re-post an ad with a price drop that has been out since July. Can anyone tell me how to do this without having to create a completely new ad?
artieshoe is offline Find More Posts by artieshoe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-25-2019, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by Capt Kurt
Trader Rating: 7
That's gonna leave a mark!
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2016
451 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Hi Art, I'm not sure if you just edit your ad, your plane will go to the top of the page. If you do close your ad and post a new one with the price drop, your ad will be at the top of the list. Sorry I couldn't help more, good luck!
Kurt
Capt Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Capt Kurt
Old 09-25-2019, 07:49 AM
Find More Posts by MDTANG
Trader Rating: 25
United States, TX, Crosby
Joined Apr 2010
77 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Go into your ad and at the bottom click edit. Once it comes up to the new screen go to the bottom right of your ad box and click GO Advanced. Now you can change your price. Hope this helps.
MDTANG is offline Find More Posts by MDTANG
Old 10-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by jmatusic
Trader Rating: 1
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
Had same question, moderator told me to just close ad and repost. So I marked first ad as sold, copied url for that ad and when I redid the ad with the new price, I used the url to point folks to the closed ad for the other details like pictures, detailed description, and other members comments on the original ad that might help provide more info on the thing I was selling. Very cumbersome method. One potential buyer even commented that he was confused, was it sold or not.

The other site I’m a member on, rcgroups makes it much simpler by moving the ad to the top with any comment made.
jmatusic is offline Find More Posts by jmatusic
Old 10-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Our society is collapsing
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2006
8,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatusic View Post
Had same question, moderator told me to just close ad and repost. So I marked first ad as sold, copied url for that ad and when I redid the ad with the new price, I used the url to point folks to the closed ad for the other details like pictures, detailed description, and other members comments on the original ad that might help provide more info on the thing I was selling. Very cumbersome method. One potential buyer even commented that he was confused, was it sold or not.

The other site I’m a member on, rcgroups makes it much simpler by moving the ad to the top with any comment made.
If you are referring to your post where you asked the question about having your ad move to the top.. the person who responded is not a mod...... just FYI
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Old 10-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by jmatusic
United States, VA, Culpeper
Joined May 2010
16 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I assumed they were from the number of posts shown in their data box. Must learn to stop assuming. You’d think by 75 years old, I’d learn.

QUOTE=exeter_acres;2904533]If you are referring to your post where you asked the question about having your ad move to the top.. the person who responded is not a mod...... just FYI[/QUOTE]
jmatusic is offline Find More Posts by jmatusic

Quick Reply