logo
Old 09-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by N726AC
Seven.Four Liters
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Sep 2006
7,525 Posts
Here is some info and specs from our supplier. Note, we only offer the 60 Shore A (softer) durometer.

Notes
VITUBE’s main attributes include exceptional chemical resistance at elevated temperatures. It has withstood continuous service temperatures of 600F for 48 hours and 500F for 1000 hours while maintaining its mechanical properties. Care should be taken, however, at these elevated temperatures. Tests should be performed to determine application suitability.
VITUBE possesses the high resiliency of an elastomer as well as the good mechanical properties of conventional synthetic rubbers. The heat and chemical resistance factors, however, usually go far beyond the range of other rubbers.
The 60A durometer compound is specially formulated for use in peristaltic pumps. All VITUBE formulations are produced with 100% DuPont Performance Elastomers' Viton fluoroelastomers (chemical name: fluorocarbon FKM) and are matte black in color. VITUBE contains no regrind material nor blends of other elastomers.
If accidental burning of VITUBE occurs, extreme caution should be taken due to Hydrogen Fluoride and other decomposition products. Avoid inhalation of vapors liberated at service temperatures above 392F.
If your application calls for harder VITUBE, 90A durometer is available —

Physical Properties** Type A Type B Hardness, Shore A 75 60 Tensile Strength, psi 1600 1450 Elongation at Break, % 150 350 Brittle Temperature -30F -40F Max.Operating Temperature 400F 400F **Values listed are typical and are meant only as a guide to aid in design. Field testing should be performed to find the actual values for the application.
Tolerances 0" - .100" .010 .101" - .160" .013 .161" - .250" .016 .251" - .400" .020 .401" - .630" .025 .631" - 1.000" .032
N726AC is offline Find More Posts by N726AC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by grosbeak
Illegitimi non carborundum
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2012
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allans View Post
"FTW" means?????????????
For The Win...
grosbeak is offline Find More Posts by grosbeak
Old 09-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by Cobra1
Fuel Burner
Monrovia, MD
Joined Aug 2006
213 Posts
I use neoprene and have not had a failure. I am willing to change but I don't see the need so far. What is the failure point for neoprene? Thanks in advance for the education.
Cobra1 is offline Find More Posts by Cobra1
Old 09-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Find More Posts by Fenderbean
United States, TX, Harker Heights
Joined Nov 2010
498 Posts
Now u got me thinking, i just replumbed my gas tank in 46% with tygon. I was wondering how the Viton handles Jet-A and diesel? I fly jets and since its much harder to take the tanks out and replace it when the tygon gets stiff this would a be a nice change. BVM sales the tubing just for tanks which is suppose stay flexible as well and its clear. Thoughts on this? and can i get a good website for the viton? Thanks
Fenderbean is offline Find More Posts by Fenderbean
Old 09-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Find More Posts by TimBle
Joined Dec 2010
4,971 Posts
call your local DuPont agent
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle

Quick Reply