logo

Futaba Team Members

Futaba USA has cultivated the ultimate grouping of talented, knowledgeable RC pilots and drivers to represent Futaba. When selecting team members, we look for ambition, passion, motivation, and reliability as well as being skilled in their hobby. They are truly the best of the best.

Splash

FUTABA AMBASSADORS

Each year, Futaba selects a prestigious few Advocates and sanctions them to be official Futaba Ambassadors. These pilots and drivers are considered the faces of the Futaba Radio Control brand due to their talents and credibility on behalf of the Futaba name. At events, online, or even just at their local field/track, these are representatives of the Futaba Team that demonstrate the caliber of skill and knowledge an expert should.

Just a Few

A.J. Jaffe - My hobbies of choice include scale aerobatics (IMAC) and 3D helicopters - I especially enjoy them using my Futaba 18SZ transmitter and CGY760 gyro. I'm proud to have accomplished the title of 2018 IMAC Intermediate World Champion. My dad taught me to fly - I've been flying since I was nine - and I am lucky to have been able to turn my hobby into a career! I'm a huge Boston sports fan, especially hockey, and I have visited 36 states so far and hope to see them all. My favorite fields are AMA Headquarters in Muncie and Bear Mountain Flyers in California.

AC Glenn - My hobby of choice is model airplanes - my dad got me into the hobby and we still fly together. I love my Futaba 32MZ transmitter and am proudest of placing ninth at the 2017 F3A World Championship. I enjoy Top Golf and long walks on the beach, and I fly UAVs for a living. I am a hot wing connoisseur and have been working on my modeling career.

Andrew Jesky - My hobby of choice is flying precision aerobatics/IMAC 3D. Choosing a single favorite Futaba product would be difficult, but I can narrow it down to the 18MZ and all BLS servos. My proudest accomplishment is winning third place individual and first place team at 2011 F3A. I play hockey two or three times a week in an organized hockey league and I fly UAVs for work in Utah. When I'm getting ready to fly, I'm listening to country music through my headphones. My prized possessions are the memories I've made with my RC friends, and of all the places I've been fortunate enough to visit...Italy is my favorite. My favorite field is Clover Creek, TN.

Gary Schmidt - My hobby of choice is pylon racing with my Futaba 18SZ radio. I am a three-time AMA National Champion, and my airplane hobby/addition lead to my career as an Unmanned Aircraft Pilot/Instructor with a major defense contractor! I am married to Claudia Schmidt, the best thing that's ever happened to me. She's embraced my hobby and enjoys traveling with me (both to pylon racing events and on fun vacations that often involving beautiful sandy beaches.) I am a second-generation modeler who was taught to fly at age eight by my father, Jerry. I enjoy classic cars and plan on restoring a car of my own in the future, and my favorite teams are AZ Cardinals and AZ Diamondbacks. I also enjoy all forms of motorsports! My favorite track is Speedworld RC Flyers, Phoenix, AZ.

Kal 'Fiddy' Reifsnyder - I love to fly radio-controlled airplanes and play baseball; my favorite Futaba products are my HPS-A700 servos. I'm proud to have accomplished being the F3A Junior World Champion in 2019, and my favorite sports team is FSU. I love to fish, play video games, and have played baseball for 12+ years. My favorite field is Clover Creek Aerodrome.

Mitch Marozas - My hobby of choice is flying RC helicopters, especially with my Futaba CGY760 gyros. In 2016, I achieved my proudest accomplishment of 1st place Freestyle Global 3D. My secondary hobby is drag racing, and I enjoy cheering on the Chicago bears and my brother who plays football at Indiana University. I was once on the Nickelodeon show "Figure It Out" flying an RC helicopter, but nowadays my favorite field is Traffic Port Venlo.

Spencer Rivkin - My hobby of choice is RC car racing (favorite class is 2WD Buggy) which is made even better with my Futaba 7PX. I would say my two 2WD Off-Road World Championship victories are my proudest accomplishment. I'm a big New England Patriots fan and I enjoy bowling and football. I love checking out new food places when traveling the world and although my family is from the East Coast, I was born in AZ. I collect RC tools, mostly ones that are hard to come by such as the Brian Kinwald Carbon Handles, and the Old Trinity Blue handled ones. My favorite track is Hobby Action Raceway.

Meet Them All!

Head over to Futaba USA and see the whole team!

Last edited by Jim T.; 07-07-2020 at 05:20 PM..
Old 07-07-2020, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Bummer, I'm "below the fold"

But I'm in excellent company. Proud to be among them !!
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2020, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
did anyone else notice one of the guys had on a Horizon shirt?

Bill, I strained my eyes looking for you.
FGNewbie is offline Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Old 07-07-2020, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
Your contributions are greatly appreciated in my book Judge!
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 07-07-2020, 11:38 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer View Post
Your contributions are greatly appreciated in my book Judge!
Thanks. It's weird. I wear the same shirt as AJ. I've flown planes like he flies using the same radio, and yet somehow, I still don't fly like him. Or Kal, or AC, or..........

Go figure
Old 07-08-2020, 04:53 AM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Thanks. It's weird. I wear the same shirt as AJ. I've flown planes like he flies using the same radio, and yet somehow, I still don't fly like him. Or Kal, or AC, or..........

Go figure
Maybe it's the underwear
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 07-08-2020, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by ifly3d
Team Futaba
zebulon,NC,USA
Joined Jan 2006
2,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Bummer, I'm "below the fold"

But I'm in excellent company. Proud to be among them !!

LOL, Below the fold . At least you are on the front page. As you said, I am all so proud to be among them !!!
ifly3d is offline Find More Posts by ifly3d
Old 07-08-2020, 12:14 PM
Find More Posts by Papa Sal
Papa Sal
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2016
88 Posts
Congratulations guys! I'm with you since 1973 only Futaba! If it flies, floats, or rolls..... I'm IN!
Papa Sal is offline Find More Posts by Papa Sal
Old 07-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Find More Posts by King
GO DAWGS !!!
United States, GA, Athens
Joined Feb 2006
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
did anyone else notice one of the guys had on a Horizon shirt?

Bill, I strained my eyes looking for you.

lol.. they took it off fast
King is offline Find More Posts by King
Old 07-08-2020, 01:27 PM
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
that's too funny. of course with the current picture no one has a clue what he actually looks like.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
I'm surprised that there has not been a single pumpkin or halloween joke yet. Those NEVER get old
Old 07-12-2020, 08:43 AM
Find More Posts by chandley43231
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Jul 2011
16 Posts
not one scale builder or pilot in this group really wow
go buy an arf beat it up and your great lol
chandley43231 is offline Find More Posts by chandley43231
Old 07-12-2020, 10:16 AM
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
I don’t know...one of the team guys has a couple of full size RV 7s under his belt, does that count?
Last edited by FGNewbie; 07-12-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
It's Hooty Tooty Here?
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
I don’t know...one of the team guys has a couple of full size RV 7s under his belt, does that count?
scale only 4 me is offline Find More Posts by scale only 4 me
Old 07-12-2020, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley43231 View Post
not one scale builder or pilot in this group really wow
go buy an arf beat it up and your great lol
Brian O'meara used to be on the Team until he heard the Siren Song of another brand. He's a pretty accomplished scale builder.

Mike Zaborowski has some very nicely detailed scale helicopters.

Al Kretz is shown with a scale plane and states he files scale.

Bob Krull is focused on scale WWI and WWII planes.

Dale Arvin states his primary interest as scale.

Dean Copeland is a well known Top Gun participant

Evan Quiros flies mostly scale warbirds.

Helmet Schmitter is a scale pilot.

Micael Fearing does scale warbirds and jets.

Patrich Ash does scale warbirds.

And there are a few others as well. So yes, aside from those folks, the Team has no scale pilots.

Quick Reply