logo
Old 04-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Find More Posts by wifpwfc
UAV PILOT
Australia, NSW, Mascot
Joined Sep 2011
152 Posts
hi ben if you get the job just bring your radio & fly, don't worry about all the BS whhining about a c tick ..our australian politicians are every where even at the flying field .
oh also have i ever told you guys I LOVE HATERS ......
cg
wifpwfc is offline Find More Posts by wifpwfc
Last edited by wifpwfc; 04-19-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by boxhead41
dubbo new south wales australia
Joined Aug 2007
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
is it a new company/team new to being stationed in the area? or have they been there a while?... if they've been there a while just ask if there's been any problems...

...out of all the foreigners I knew in town (Mogriguy/Narromine/Dubbo) growing up, I've never heard of any being hassled.
We had a lot of them around warren too same thing no one gave a flying rats arse who they were or where they are from as long as they weren't d&$kheads no one cared
boxhead41 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead41
Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
is it a new company/team new to being stationed in the area? or have they been there a while?... if they've been there a while just ask if there's been any problems...

...out of all the foreigners I knew in town (Mogriguy/Narromine/Dubbo) growing up, I've never heard of any being hassled.
They were partnered with CSIRO for a long time but that has ended and the company is setting up their own breeding station in Narrabri. From what I've been told, people are unhappy with how things played out and they feel like they were taken advantage of. But who knows, maybe it's all just overblown. Maybe I should give it a shot...
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old 04-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Joined Aug 2007
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer View Post
They were partnered with CSIRO for a long time but that has ended and the company is setting up their own breeding station in Narrabri. From what I've been told, people are unhappy with how things played out and they feel like they were taken advantage of. But who knows, maybe it's all just overblown. Maybe I should give it a shot...
It's dead simple give a whirl if it doesn't work out you might find something else here or you can always go home. But in my experience these things are always blown out of proportion, we had plenty of people who thought the Americans were going to rape and pillage the land around warren when cotton first started up out there but here we are some thirty or forty years later and they are still there and cotton is an important part of life there now, so I would try it and see if you wanted the job and from what you have said on here you have nothing to lose so it can't hurt the experience would be great.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts
Do you guys pretty much just get your cheap Lipo's from Hobby King?

Are there any other value priced LiPo's other than Gens Ace available?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by wifpwfc
UAV PILOT
Australia, NSW, Mascot
Joined Sep 2011
152 Posts
Quote:
Do you guys pretty much just get your cheap Lipo's from Hobby King?

Are there any other value priced LiPo's other than Gens Ace available?
yep
wifpwfc is offline Find More Posts by wifpwfc
Old 04-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts
I'm assuming that most guys use a trailer to get giant scale planes to the field since vehicle prices are pretty high. Who are some good trailer manufacturers in Australia?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Find More Posts by basman
Joined Mar 2008
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnarg78 View Post
Subscribed
+ 1 this is a crack up !!!!!!
basman is offline Find More Posts by basman
Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by Goodie_2_Shoes
Australia, TAS
Joined Feb 2009
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo View Post
More Yanks!!!! Crickey what will we do with them all??

There a few clubs around Narrabri, like Tamworth, Gunnedah, Coonabarabran etc.
The State based aermodeling governing body is MAS, check out the link below for club locations in NSW
http://masnsw.webs.com/clublocations.htm
If you are looking for somewhere to fly I can highly recommend Coonabarabran! It's my home town and has a very nice little club. At just over an hour drive from Narrabri it would be worth spending a weekend there flying and exploring the national park. They hold an anual pattern comp there and all the guys are still flying nitro, so I'm sure they may be able to sort you out with some fuel. Nitro fuel is hell expensive in Australia, I would recommend mixing up your own. The guys at the club may have some methanol and i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to track down some oil and nitro.

If you would like contact details on the Coonabarabran club please PM me i'd more than happy to help out

All the best

Ben
Goodie_2_Shoes is offline Find More Posts by Goodie_2_Shoes
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts
Thanks for the info. One of the advantages of moving to Australia, would be getting into pattern. I've flown IMAC and I'm interested in doing pattern. Seeing as how there are a few pattern competitions close to Narrabri and the nearest IMAC is about 6 hours away, I would definitely take it up.

I've also looked into mixing my own fuel so I'd keep flying nitro helis too. It's not too badly priced if you mix your own and there was a source for the ingredients too. Just need nitro, oil, and methanol, right?
Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Find More Posts by Goodie_2_Shoes
Australia, TAS
Joined Feb 2009
199 Posts
Yep all you need is those three ingredients. Just make sure you get the % correct.

Try contacting NSW pattern they should be able to give you some good advice on where to get some cheap oil and nitro.
http://www.nswpattern.org.au/Home.html

Hope this helps
Goodie_2_Shoes is offline Find More Posts by Goodie_2_Shoes
Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Aug 2007
762 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info. One of the advantages of moving to Australia, would be getting into pattern. I've flown IMAC and I'm interested in doing pattern. Seeing as how there are a few pattern competitions close to Narrabri and the nearest IMAC is about 6 hours away, I would definitely take it up.

I've also looked into mixing my own fuel so I'd keep flying nitro helis too. It's not too badly priced if you mix your own and there was a source for the ingredients too. Just need nitro, oil, and methanol, right?
Nah your nearest iMac to narrabri is Dubbo which is around 2 1/2 hrs south normally held earlier in the season around March/April after that you will have to go further but hey think of it this way good way to see a bit more of the country that's a plus
Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts
That's right and the next closest one was about 6 hours away. There were about 3 pattern contests I think within 3 hours of Narrabri.

Plus this nice about pattern planes is I wouldn't need a trailer, but I might still get one if I stayed at least 3 or 4 years.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Notorious B.E.N.
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined Feb 2006
3,968 Posts
Well, I will not be moving to Australia yet. I interviewed for the position but the company was able to find someone already in Australia, which simplifies things not only logistically but also in terms of the immigration laws.

I would have liked to fly with some Aussie pilots, but it didn't work out.

Quick Reply