Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts
Re: Woodstock IMAC Challenge 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagates View Post
I think Stan has him beat though with the snap he did that wasn't part of the sequence down at Lums Pond.
Haha, I know of someone else that did that once!!!!
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by JGetz1680
Precision Counts!
Nazareth, Pa USA
Joined Jul 2008
96 Posts

is matt fortin coming??
JGetz1680 is offline Find More Posts by JGetz1680
Old 07-21-2008, 03:38 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGetz1680 View Post
is matt fortin coming??

Of course, that's his home field!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by Wojcigitty
THROTTLEMELON
Fremont, NH
Joined Aug 2006
1,180 Posts

Just registered.

This is gonna be awesome. If I get my act together with the sequences, then we will have an awesome battle shaping up in advanced!

I just wish there were freestyle.

Thanks for a great event last year, John, let's make it just as good this year!
Wojcigitty is offline Find More Posts by Wojcigitty
Old 07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojcigitty View Post
Just registered.

This is gonna be awesome. If I get my act together with the sequences, then we will have an awesome battle shaping up in advanced!

I just wish there were freestyle.

Thanks for a great event last year, John, let's make it just as good this year!
If guys want to have a free, we can definetly have one. Alot of times, there isnt enough interest. That said, if guys want to do it, we will have one! We can discuss it at the pilots meeting. I have the ability to play music at the field at a moments notice, so if you are interested in having a free, come prepared in case there are others.

Cody, I see you mistakenly registered for advanced, i will make the change for you and put you in Unlimited!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Also guys, I forgot to mention, I am going to try a couple things at this years Woodstock IMAC. The trip out to the NATs this year was eye opener for me. Dispite the large number of pilots out there, we got a ton of flying in (4+ rounds a day of advanced, 3 rounds a day in Unlimited with 22 pilots in the class).

This year, I am going to try to utilize flight line coordinators to make sure that the flight lines are consistantly busy, and staged with on-deck pilots. The on-deck pilot will be asked to fire their motor during maneuver 8 of the second sequence of the pilot before them. Pilots will have a set time period to get into the air, and when the pilot flying the sequence exits the box, the pilot that just lifted off will have a certain amount of time to enter the box. The coordinators will be asked to make sure this happens throughout the day. This will ensure that we get as much flying in as possible, and limit the amount of down time that we have throughout the day. We will go into detail at the pilots meeting, but I would love to try to institute some of these practices so that we can get the most amount of flying in as possible, and make it as efficient of a process as possible. Just thought I would throw that out there now, I think it will be great to try it.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by RollingHarrier
RC 'Aholic!
United States, CT, Westbrook
Joined Jan 2006
2,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGetz1680 View Post
I know that will not happen again for sure at woodstock. I need to practice unknowns so it will help me. I am starting to collect unknown sheets.
It must have been your callers fault!
RollingHarrier is offline Find More Posts by RollingHarrier
Old 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
Also guys, I forgot to mention, I am going to try a couple things at this years Woodstock IMAC. The trip out to the NATs this year was eye opener for me. Dispite the large number of pilots out there, we got a ton of flying in (4+ rounds a day of advanced, 3 rounds a day in Unlimited with 22 pilots in the class).

This year, I am going to try to utilize flight line coordinators to make sure that the flight lines are consistantly busy, and staged with on-deck pilots. The on-deck pilot will be asked to fire their motor during maneuver 8 of the second sequence of the pilot before them. Pilots will have a set time period to get into the air, and when the pilot flying the sequence exits the box, the pilot that just lifted off will have a certain amount of time to enter the box. The coordinators will be asked to make sure this happens throughout the day. This will ensure that we get as much flying in as possible, and limit the amount of down time that we have throughout the day. We will go into detail at the pilots meeting, but I would love to try to institute some of these practices so that we can get the most amount of flying in as possible, and make it as efficient of a process as possible. Just thought I would throw that out there now, I think it will be great to try it.
Excellent
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Old 07-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagates View Post
Excellent
Thanks Bill!

Also, i am going to shoot for "Wheel's Up" promptly at 9:00 a.m. with Pilots meeting scheduled for 8:45 a.m. Registration begins at 8 a.m.!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Bill!

Also, i am going to shoot for "Wheel's Up" promptly at 9:00 a.m. with Pilots meeting scheduled for 8:45 a.m. Registration begins at 8 a.m.!
Sounds a lot like the 2 minute and 1 minute rules.

13.1. The contestant has two (2)
minutes to start his/her engine and become
airborne. If after two (2) minutes the contestant
is unable to start the engine, they will move to
the end of the round rotation. If the contestant
fails to start a second time, they shall receive
zero for the round.

13.2. The contestant has one (1) minute
from the time the wheels leave the ground during
takeoff to enter the aerobatic airspace
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Old 07-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by as722
Team JR
Pennsyvania
Joined Jan 2006
1,578 Posts

John,

Might not be able to make it after all, might be getting a hernia operated on. I'll find out later this week.

Albert
as722 is offline Find More Posts by as722
Old 07-21-2008, 07:14 PM
THROTTLEMELON
Fremont, NH
Joined Aug 2006
1,180 Posts

Quote:

Here's one thing that I've seen disappear from IMAC and I would like to see it come back: scribes. Get some volunteers to write down the scores as the judges (quietly) dictate them. This allows the judges to keep their eyes on the airplane and catch all my mistakes. I think it would be very beneficial.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:15 PM
THROTTLEMELON
Fremont, NH
Joined Aug 2006
1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by as722 View Post
John,

Might not be able to make it after all, might be getting a hernia operated on. I'll find out later this week.

Albert
Sorry to hear that dude. Hope you feel better. Will we see you in Granite State?
Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by OnTheEdge
Pa
Joined Jan 2006
684 Posts

Quote:
....This year, I am going to try to utilize flight line coordinators to make sure that the flight lines are consistantly busy, and staged with on-deck pilots...... This will ensure that we get as much flying in as possible....
Sounds great John! I had an "eye opener" also this year when I CD's a pattern contest. Just as many pilots as the typical Imac meet but we got in four rounds on Saturday! If the pilots work with the CD and the CD gets the judges assigned before the round, then it can be done.

I'll be happy to help out with what ever I can in CT. I can crack the whip for you if you'd like.........
OnTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OnTheEdge
Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by as722 View Post
John,

Albert

Damn, I heard you were hurting this past weekend. Keep me posted on how you make out. Get better bro!

Quick Reply