Old 11-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by Tonybons
Tony the Knife
Mahwah, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
260 Posts
Re: NE Region: Contests in 09

Neil,

I have the 260 as you know, the only difference is the canopy size. If you need any info, pics let me know

Tony
Tonybons is offline Find More Posts by Tonybons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by sinergy
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by as722 View Post
I was contacted by a few members of lvrcs and was informed that Dave Getz has yet to give the money made at the contest to the club. I don't know the reason but I do know that the club is not happy and will most likely not host a contest there again. Not a good situation !

Albert
That's a pretty sad reason to loose a contest
sinergy is offline Find More Posts by sinergy
Old 11-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by as722
Team JR
Pennsyvania
Joined Jan 2006
1,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybons View Post
Bill and I met on the judging seminar schedule while we were in Ocala together and we are hoping to do one stand alone seminar on Saturday May 9th or sometime around that time and then do a Sunday practical review at a field. We are also hoping to do a 2nd seminar on a Friday night tied to one of the contests. We will be putting both seminars on the contest calendar once the schedule is published. The May 9th seminar or whatever date we pick around that time will be at a location that is around the center of our region. Not yet finalized but our current thinking. The logic of May 9th is that it is prior to the start of most of our contests.

Tony

Tony,

I'd love to incorporate it with farview, there's a large pavillion there and electric in case Bill wants to use power point.

Albert
as722 is offline Find More Posts by as722
Old 11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Tony the Knife
Mahwah, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
260 Posts

Albert,

When is Farview in 09? That would be a great place to do it. We would do a condensed version of the class and maybe let the attendees scribe on Saturday and judge on Sunday. I will talk to Bill.

TOny
Old 11-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by as722
Team JR
Pennsyvania
Joined Jan 2006
1,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybons View Post
Albert,

When is Farview in 09? That would be a great place to do it. We would do a condensed version of the class and maybe let the attendees scribe on Saturday and judge on Sunday. I will talk to Bill.

TOny

Don't have a firm date yet but will most likely be at the end of june, I'll keep you posted.

Albert
as722 is offline Find More Posts by as722
Old 11-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

This is all pretty interesting to hear. It's great seeing the NE come alive...

I was down at Lums Pond and after talking to Jake, Mark and Robert on the LVRCS matter, should we try to do the following:

1. Try to figure out how much LVRCS was due to be paid and take up a collection among the NE members to get them their funds. Even if they still do not want the contest, they should at least be paid as promised. I'd be willing to setup a Paypal thingy and see to it they get the funds

2. Hang someone by their toenails and grab all the money that falls out

I'm all for Salem being the Regional place in 09 and Doing one at Black Dirt as well.

I am also talking to a club in Hurlock MD about doing an IMAC contest. This place is huge but somewhat out of the way with NOTHING and I mean NOTHING within 10 to 15 miles resembling a hotel or food. There's about 1000 acres of flying space with no neighbors to worry about. If you stay to the far right of the field, you could do one mile rollers and still not fly over anyone. I seem to remember the runway is roughly 800 feet by 150 feet and smooth as silk grass with decent overruns on both ends. The cool thing is I was down there working the kinks out of Ken Warren's Jtec over the past couple of weekends and they approached me wanting more info once Ken told them I was a freshly ordained CD. We could probably camp out there as well

And yes, they will allow us to do "Calf Roping" contests

BTW...unless something has changed, I need to know what dates everyone is thinking about so I can help Albert with contest scheduling. I'll be creating a little online calendar to track these things that everyone will have access to. Stan can put a link to it on our IMAC region site unless we want to have the calendar up there but then that would give Stan more to do with the site
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Old 11-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
A lot of us here in the Northeast really want to have a blowout season in 09' Don! We have a lot of great people stepping up to the plate to help out, and tons of ideas and visions going around. I think we are going to see the most active NE Region group ever in 09! Hopefully, there will also be a crew of us heading out to the NATS once again in 09, as that is definetly on our plate as well!
Can you give me an AHMEN!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Great to see everyone already pumped up about 09, and we are just starting to head into winter. From a lot of your responses and side conversations I have had with many of you, I think I am going to shoot for the Salem location as the spot for the 09 regionals. being so central, I think it would be the best spot to hold them. Its just about as directly in between the Maine and PA guys as you can get, as well as the VT crew. I will still hold the Woodstock contest in the regular August timeframe that I usually do, and imagine the regional finals would be in either late Sept, or early Oct. Late Sept is usually better weather wise, but we'll see what the consensus thinks!
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Old 11-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
Great to see everyone already pumped up about 09, and we are just starting to head into winter. From a lot of your responses and side conversations I have had with many of you, I think I am going to shoot for the Salem location as the spot for the 09 regionals. being so central, I think it would be the best spot to hold them. Its just about as directly in between the Maine and PA guys as you can get, as well as the VT crew. I will still hold the Woodstock contest in the regular August timeframe that I usually do, and imagine the regional finals would be in either late Sept, or early Oct. Late Sept is usually better weather wise, but we'll see what the consensus thinks!
Don't forget the Canadian folks, maybe Isabel and Ray can get more of their folks to trek down and maybe we get get some of the north part of the region to go to their contests as well. I can try to make one in Canada next year. Baring any health issues for me, I'll be done with my Masters next Feb, work will be settled down by then and I should have time to make a lot more contests in 09
Old 11-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheEdge View Post

This past weekend we got the go-ahead to hold the Summer Sizzle in Milford again also.
You got a date on it yet...if so I'll start the calendar right now.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Tony,

I was just looking at the 09 Calendar and May 10th is Mothers Day (second Sunday of May) so doing a practical on that day may not work for a lot of people
Old 11-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Tony the Knife
Mahwah, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
260 Posts

Good catch Bill. Then maybe we do the week later 5/16. I will talk to Bill L. If we are not going to do LVRCS I would like to "reserve" that weekend for Black Dirt at least until January when I can get the members to either vote for it or not.

Tony
Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by high alpha
NJ
Joined Jan 2006
526 Posts

[quote=

1. Try to figure out how much LVRCS was due to be paid and take up a collection among the NE members to get them their funds. Even if they still do not want the contest, they should at least be paid as promised. I'd be willing to setup a Paypal thingy and see to it they get the funds

Im in...
high alpha is offline Find More Posts by high alpha
Old 11-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,121 Posts

got ya
Neil4 is offline Find More Posts by Neil4
Last edited by Neil4; 11-03-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Neil,

The way it sounds there is a "tiff" going on, that's what I get from the posts in the thread, no matter, it's no reason to not give the club what it's due. That's why I proposed to get a collection going, even if they do not allow the contest, they still deserve what is due them.

If we want to discuss the LVRCS thing, maybe we should take it into email or our own forum. Speaking of email, if any of you have one of the emails that Albert sent that has all of us listed in the TO or CC fields, please forward that to me. I recently changed over to all Apple stuff and some of the emails did not carry over well. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Quick Reply