Old 09-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by crossup
annapolis, md
Joined Jul 2007
329 Posts
Re: CAPI XIII Sept 5-6

CAPI Scores
Great flying guys
Depending on your browser etc you may need to right click and choose "display image" or some such to allow you to zoom in to read them, the images are pretty big so you should have no problem reading them once you get the right size
crossup is offline Find More Posts by crossup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,124 Posts

Thanks to Mr. Dave Michael and the other people of the CAPI club who helped make this contest a success. I also need to send a big THANK YOU to Mr. Brian for letting me fly his Dalton when my airplane had issues, without him I don't think I would have done as well as I did. I had a lot of fun and I hope to see the NE gang again soon as the flying season is winding down.

Neil (a.k.a Jitterbug)
Neil4 is offline Find More Posts by Neil4
Last edited by Neil4; 09-06-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Looks like I missed a really good time....sorry Steve and Dave that I could not make this years contest.

Steve, could you zip up the score program folder and send it to me so I can configure it for regional points and get them posted to the website. All I actually need is the 5 DAT files that are in the folder where you unzipped the Score program. On your files above, the names are not showing up for all the classes, which is a html copy problem

Neil, what happened with the plane and what's up with "AKA Jitterbug" or don't I want to know
bubbagates is offline Find More Posts by bubbagates
Old 09-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Find More Posts by FAVO
Doo It! Doo It!
Port Republic, Maryland
Joined May 2007
103 Posts

Bill,

Just sent you the Score files.

You missed the Debut of Neils new freestyle. And he seemed to be feeling a little frisky when he flew it to - his dad had his eyes closed the whole time I think! . Every music change had me laughing...You'll just have to wait to see it and you'll understand the Jitterbug thing. Neil gave us older guys a little lesson in "Old School"

Neil

Way to go man! Your welcome and I still can't believe that you picked up on the plane the first flight. Hope your fingers have healed. Also, thanks for letting me fly (or try to) to your freestyle music.

Troy

Thanks for letting me fly your plane in Freestyle. I had a rush for the rest of the day.
FAVO is offline Find More Posts by FAVO
Last edited by FAVO; 09-07-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Brian,

Check your email, sent you a reply

Ah I see now, something tells me the song Jitterbug was somewhere in there
Old 09-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by pcastine
Approaching critical AoA...
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Sep 2006
1,495 Posts

Neil - "Jitterbug"? I dunno...you were channeling MJ pretty hard there for a bit...

Great Freestyle!

Pete
pcastine is offline Find More Posts by pcastine
Old 09-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Find More Posts by Tonybons
Tony the Knife
Mahwah, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
260 Posts

Dave a big thank you to you, Jim and all those involved in making CAPI as great as always. Please also pass on my thanks to the club members for allowing us to use the field. Congrats to all the winners. I had a great time especially with the stiff competition in Intermediate. I look forward to seeing many of you at Black Dirt - I hope I can run it as well as you guys ran CAPI.

Tony
Tonybons is offline Find More Posts by Tonybons
Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAVO View Post
Bill,

Just sent you the Score files.

You missed the Debut of Neils new freestyle. And he seemed to be feeling a little frisky when he flew it to - his dad had his eyes closed the whole time I think! . Every music change had me laughing...You'll just have to wait to see it and you'll understand the Jitterbug thing. Neil gave us older guys a little lesson in "Old School"

Neil

Way to go man! Your welcome and I still can't believe that you picked up on the plane the first flight. Hope your fingers have healed. Also, thanks for letting me fly (or try to) to your freestyle music.

Troy/Neil

Thanks for letting me fly your plane in Freestyle. I had a rush for the rest of the day.
Thanks Mr. Brian.....and no problem with the freestyle, I thought that was pretty funny and to think you really had no idea what was next in freestyle you did it really well!!

Mr. Brian/Mr. Troy, I'll send you guys an email or vice versa and we can set-up a time to fly some place. I think it would a lot of fun and I will also put together a few extra freestyle music routines that you guys can try with the "Old School" music

Neil
Neil4 is offline Find More Posts by Neil4
Old 09-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by sinergy
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

Thanks for the all the hard work and a great contest.

I almost managed to complete a contest with my own plane! Thanks Tony for letting me fly yours for the last round, ordering some gearsets tomorrow.

Will see you all at Black Dirt, maybe I will get some 1.5" arms on my ailerons and join in the FreeStyle fun for a change
sinergy is offline Find More Posts by sinergy
Old 09-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Find More Posts by Artie Johnston
QQ 102'' @ the float fly!
Pa
Joined Jun 2006
283 Posts

Man, looks I wasen't the only one with airplane problems!
Artie Johnston is offline Find More Posts by Artie Johnston
Old 09-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by FAVO
Doo It! Doo It!
Port Republic, Maryland
Joined May 2007
103 Posts

Well - there's airplane problems, and then there's airplane PROBLEMS Artie!
FAVO is offline Find More Posts by FAVO
Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by learnedinuk
"Silence!!! --I Kill you!"
Huntingtown, MD
Joined Aug 2006
205 Posts

Guys,

Thanks for making my long weekend really enjoyable. It was really great to see some of you again and meet some new people as well. It's always nice when some new people come to our field and we can all look at some different planes and look over all the setups. It is also one of the few times my stuff isn't the biggest there! One of my firends walked over and asked where my new 95" Red Bull Pitts was. I pointed right behind him and said "It's right there, you just walked past it." He said "Oh sorry, it looks so small next to the 40's" too funny, I think he did it on purpose!

I loved the Sunday Freestyle. Brian I was glad to see you over ruled the wife, on your birthday no less, to fly the "well rehearsed" free style routine. Pete's and Troy's were fun to watch and showed some real nice skills.

Neil yours was off the hook and kept us laughing with the moves and music selection. I think I might steal the knife edge fish move on the deck for some Sunday fun. I had not seen that before and it looked really cool. Mine won't be quite so low as yours. I do hope you cleaned the grass off your wing tip before you put the plane up for the day. But George Michael and Michael Jackson in one routine? Brave! But with skills like yours you can get away with that kind of music!

I would love to see a video of it. If you have one please post it. If not let me know when the next time your going to practice it and I will come film it. If you give me the audio track I can sync it up. It makes it sound a little better.

One of the guys was taking a lot of pictures over the weekend. I would love to see some if anyone know where or if he post's them.

Thanks again!
learnedinuk is offline Find More Posts by learnedinuk
Last edited by learnedinuk; 09-08-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Anyone got a trash bag
E-Town, PA
Joined Jan 2006
1,336 Posts

Mike,

Glad you had a good time although I wasn't there. I can't wait to see Neil's new Freestyle, sounds like a blast.

The guys running around taking pictures was most likely Stan Berger and you can bet he will pop in here when he gets the pictures the way he likes them and let us know where they are, which is typically his website.

You should take a few minutes and cruise his website, soe really excellent work on it and not jsut RC stuff

http://www.stansphotos.com
Old 09-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Find More Posts by FixedWing172
www.stansphotos.com
Monmouth County New Jersey
Joined Jan 2006
493 Posts

Here are a few photos from the Capi event last weekend and the rest of the photos can
be found on my website here. I've also submitted the whole batch to the IMAC site which
should be up soon.
FixedWing172 is offline Find More Posts by FixedWing172

Quick Reply