logo
Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by jerrysu29
Rapid City S.D.
Joined May 2008
1,348 Posts
New Product
Aerobeez 65" Yak 20cc Profile

I have been watching this forum for a while, and just wondering. How many have assmebled and are flying One. Here is a photo of one of mine. Would like to know what you think ? I know the Red wing Profiles are the same identical planes ( Sbach and Yaks )
jerrysu29 is offline Find More Posts by jerrysu29
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by CanCanCase
Look, I can hover a foamy!
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Dec 2006
365 Posts
I picked one up cheap a while back. Opened the box to see the quality of the build, and immediately put it in the "dump at the swap meet" pile. No tube in the fuse, typical hot glue ARF construction, and just a barely passable covering job.

For the money, I'd much rather build a Mojo65, EEv2, WrongWay 30cc Lammy, or maybe even a GBR Bipe...

Profiles are so easy to build, I can't understand why anyone would need an ARF. At the very least find an ARF with clear covering to learn how these things go together so when the inevitable happens, you'll have far better odds of getting the thing repaired.

- Case
CanCanCase is offline Find More Posts by CanCanCase
Old 09-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Find More Posts by plowboy
Balsa Farmer
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Jun 2008
2,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanCanCase View Post
I picked one up cheap a while back. Opened the box to see the quality of the build, and immediately put it in the "dump at the swap meet" pile. No tube in the fuse, typical hot glue ARF construction, and just a barely passable covering job.

For the money, I'd much rather build a Mojo65, EEv2, WrongWay 30cc Lammy, or maybe even a GBR Bipe...

Profiles are so easy to build, I can't understand why anyone would need an ARF. At the very least find an ARF with clear covering to learn how these things go together so when the inevitable happens, you'll have far better odds of getting the thing repaired.

- Case

Do you feel like a big man when you talk to people like that? What a tool!
plowboy is offline Find More Posts by plowboy
Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Dec 2006
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy View Post
Do you feel like a big man when you talk to people like that? What a tool!
No... I feel like a "big man" all the time... those who know me know 2 things about me... I'm quite rotund, and I build a LOT of model airplanes. Anyone flying profiles will end up breaking them at some point, and basic building/repair skills are important. The aerobeez ARFs aren't of great quality, IMO. You'll get a better built, lighter airframe building a profile from a kit.

Anything else to add?

-Case
Old 09-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
I'd rather fly than build, (and I have build profiles to 40%ers.) and some ARF's offer a great quality to price value. To each his own, no need to rain on anyone's parade!
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 09-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Balsa Farmer
Joined Jun 2008
2,644 Posts
Yeah, plenty. What you say is factually correct and you will find no argument from me. What I take issue with is how you choose your words. You sound like a self absorbed prick. Why berate someone for his choice of plane and then chastise him for not being a scratch builder extrodinaire? Maybe he likes his plane and was hoping someone else liked theirs too? Funny, it usually comes from ProBros, this arrogant, I'm better than you crap. Why is that? By the way, the question is rhetorical stupid.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:38 PM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
No need for attacks. Just act like you're at a fly-in with some kids hanging out. Much better ways to communicate than this. People always say "FG is this or that" but it's posts and responses like this that shape those opinions.

Be smart.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Balsa Farmer
Joined Jun 2008
2,644 Posts
You're right Sleepy. My bad. I've been gone a while, I know, but I hate it when someone comes down on some poor dude who is just trying to have fun. Besides, I was always the kid that liked to make the big fat bully apologize. I'll go back into my cave now.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Dec 2006
365 Posts
There's the good ol' Flying Giants double-standard... For some, calling someone names (specifically "tool") results in points and forced edits. For others, the same namecalling results in a bit of chatty banter and the admission that posts are factually accurate.

How the heck can anyone know my "tone" by reading? Just as I'm no "scratch builder extraordinaire", I'm also no lyrical poet.

In summary, (this is a summary only for the "stupid tools" reading, so I guess I'm writing to myself!) the OP asked for opinions of the Aerobeez 65" Yak 20cc Profile. I found mine to be of poor quality, and junked it to cut my losses. Plowboy threw a few shallow insults out for no apparent reason, contributed little of value to the thread, then proceeded to completely agree with my assessment while calling me a "tool", "self absorbed prick", and "stupid."

At least my posts have facts and opinions that directly relate to the original topic of the thread, and I can take responsibility for what I write without hiding behind a veil of anonymity that comes with an internet handle.

-Case
Old 09-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Find More Posts by JackRC
JR = Jack the Ripper
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
cheer up guys, let me just show you how strong the airplane is....

I maiden a brand new Aerobeez Yak 54 with DLE 20cc awhile back and the throttle servo got stuck at full throttle, the owner told me to go ahead and "test it to the limit"...hehehe... so I flew the plane like crazy.... wall after wall, snake after snake, pop top after another and it freaking hold up so well that I am speachless..

Aerobeez Yak 54 20cc Profile Gas Plane being put to test (4 min 58 sec)
JackRC is offline Find More Posts by JackRC
Last edited by JackRC; 09-19-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: I really need to learn how to spell :(
Old 09-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Find More Posts by JackRC
JR = Jack the Ripper
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
This is before the throttle got stuck, it was my first and only flight with the plane with someone else transmitter, it feels like a big powerful foamy made for strong wind ! pure fun !

Aerobeez 65" Yak 54 Profile 20cc Gas ARF (4 min 15 sec)
JackRC is offline Find More Posts by JackRC
Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Balsa Farmer
Joined Jun 2008
2,644 Posts
Nice flying man! Were you having to fly out much coupling in KE?
I've been limited on time for about the last year, so I haven't flown nearly enough. To make matters worse, I sold my truck and now I have to bum a ride to the field for my gassers! That has me flying profiles because I can fit them into the car!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Balsa Farmer
Joined Jun 2008
2,644 Posts
Quote:
There's the good ol' Flying Giants double-standard... For some, calling someone names (specifically "tool") results in points and forced edits. For others, the same namecalling results in a bit of chatty banter and the admission that posts are factually accurate.

How the heck can anyone know my "tone" by reading? Just as I'm no "scratch builder extraordinaire", I'm also no lyrical poet.

In summary, (this is a summary only for the "stupid tools" reading, so I guess I'm writing to myself!) the OP asked for opinions of the Aerobeez 65" Yak 20cc Profile. I found mine to be of poor quality, and junked it to cut my losses. Plowboy threw a few shallow insults out for no apparent reason, contributed little of value to the thread, then proceeded to completely agree with my assessment while calling me a "tool", "self absorbed prick", and "stupid."

At least my posts have facts and opinions that directly relate to the original topic of the thread, and I can take responsibility for what I write without hiding behind a veil of anonymity that comes with an internet handle.

-Case

Too many people in the RC community know me for me to think that I'm hiding behind my keyboard. If you would like to find me and kick my arse you are certainly welcome to do so. The finding me part will be easy enough. As for your playing the victim card, that's laughable. Why don't you go talk down to people on the Bromance site or RCU? They might appreciate it there.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:12 AM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Quote:

-Case
No double standard.
If someone reports your post (and by someone I mean other members) and the reported post is found to break a rule you will get a point/asked to edit your post.

In this case, I did not report the post, nor did I see a problem. I used to love the TOC 69" profile planes and happened onto this thread. And I just tried to put my opinion about what I saw was going on. How is that a double standard?

If your peers report you because they deem you to be breaking rules, then you are not getting the "feeling" of the site and your peers are letting you know. I can't think of a more single standard than that.
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by jerrysu29
Rapid City S.D.
Joined May 2008
1,348 Posts
Quote:

- Case
From what he has to say he doesn't like these ARF's. That's his opinion. Their are many that think the One's he has mentioned here are the Ugliest planes they have ever seen or flown. I personally would never buy one or spend the time building such an ugly plane. I like planes that actually look like a profile of a real plane. I have scractch built and built many kits over the last 40 years I have been in this hobby. You have your opinion and I have mine The Aerobeez Yak might not be the best but they will do anything the other's will and actually look like a Yak.
jerrysu29 is offline Find More Posts by jerrysu29

Quick Reply