logo
Old 06-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by Mustang Man
Brush Whacker
United States, TX, Commerce
Joined Oct 2008
488 Posts
I should have all the components except the engine by 6/27/2014 and still start building what I can without the Evolution 62 GXI engine. Meanwhile, if anyone has started building please post pictures and comments.
Mustang Man is offline Find More Posts by Mustang Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by kjkimball
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined May 2006
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
If you could share any pictures of your model room or plant without giving away any trade secrets, I am sure everyone would be quite interested and of course your interesting comments are fascinating to say the least.
You asked for a look around our shop. This video was made last friday and while it is focused on the Lockheed Vega we are restoring, it does give you a look at a portion of our shop.

Lockheed Vega - Project Update Trip - June 2014 (14 min 35 sec)
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old 06-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Brush Whacker
Joined Oct 2008
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkimball View Post
You asked for a look around our shop. This video was made last friday and while it is focused on the Lockheed Vega we are restoring, it does give you a look at a portion of our shop.

Lockheed Vega - Project Update Trip - YouTube
KK: Thanks a bunch for posting the video, really fun to watch. After seeing that I wish I had a pilots license or had of done so a long time ago. I love the 30's era planes.

I did a build thread on an Aeroworks S2 Cub here on FG and on that thread I posted a picture of the book "Mr. Piper And His Cubs" signed by William T. "Bill" Piper Jr. that I read. I found the book on Amazon.com. What a story.

What a neat job you have restoring vintage aircraft and building aerobats new. Mr. Pitts would be proud.

Thanks again for the video.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 AM
Find More Posts by blake26m
Ireland, Thurles
Joined Jan 2011
232 Posts
Just got word I should have my airframe on Tuesday from Horizon UK. Cant wait. I have everything ready to go apart from some EC5 connection's.
blake26m is offline Find More Posts by blake26m
Old 06-27-2014, 03:14 AM
Brush Whacker
Joined Oct 2008
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake26m View Post
Just got word I should have my airframe on Tuesday from Horizon UK. Cant wait. I have everything ready to go apart from some EC5 connection's.
Glad to have an electric build join in. You should be in the air before those of us who are waiting on the Evolution 62 engine.

If you will, please list what you plan to install.
Last edited by Mustang Man; 06-27-2014 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Add comment
Old 06-27-2014, 06:13 AM
Ireland, Thurles
Joined Jan 2011
232 Posts
Should be good cant wait!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:50 AM
Find More Posts by ckankel
United States, AL, Smiths Station
Joined Sep 2013
11 Posts
Does anyone know if the spinner listed for the Evo 62 (TRU3502BMDA50L) will work with the Power 360?
ckankel is offline Find More Posts by ckankel
Old 06-27-2014, 06:57 AM
Brush Whacker
Joined Oct 2008
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckankel View Post
Does anyone know if the spinner listed for the Evo 62 (TRU3502BMDA50L) will work with the Power 360?
My guess is no, but you can call Horizon or Tru Turn to find out.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:12 AM
Brush Whacker
Joined Oct 2008
488 Posts
Build Notes

Most everything for the build has been delivered except the Evolution 62 engine. I ordered two Falcon Propellers 23x9 & 23x10, the 23x9 to be used for break-in per the recommendation in the manual. These are the first Falcon Propellers I have ordered and I was quite impressed with the quality and the fact that each propeller came with nice foam protective covers that can be used on the prop when transporting the Inverza.

Changes planned for the Inverza 62:

1. Replace the wire spring tail wheel with a carbon fiber spring & tail wheel from Aeroworks for 15-40lb planes. I don't like a wire imbedded in the rudder.
2. Utilize aluminum stand-offs with large 3/4" stainless fender washers in place of the wood mounting block supplied with the Inverza.
3. Use longer engine mounting bolts so that nyloc nuts can be added to the back of the firewall to back up the blind nuts that are installed in the firewall.
4. Use the JRPA236 & JRPA237 servo arms instead of the servo arms suggested in the manual.

Pictures below show most of the items acquired. The second picture I have connected all the servos to the receiver, the batteries, and the telemetry module to bind & test out the configuration.

Note the two Duralite batteries are each 3000 maH, 2s2p (redundant), External Balancing with Deans connectors. I had to make up two Deans to EC3 patch cables as I always order high current batteries with Deans high current connectors as they are easier to disconnect than the EC3s. I don't alter the receiver by replacing the EC3s in the event there is a warranty issue.
Last edited by Mustang Man; 06-28-2014 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling, add comment
Old 06-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by cherrybomb48
Geaux Lower!
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Oct 2010
892 Posts
I see your using the 8911HV's. They are some great servos. Got them all over in my H9 35% 300. Really looking forward to your log.
cherrybomb48 is offline Find More Posts by cherrybomb48
Old 06-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Brush Whacker
Joined Oct 2008
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb48 View Post
I see your using the 8911HV's. They are some great servos. Got them all over in my H9 35% 300. Really looking forward to your log.
Welcome to the thread, I hope it doesn't disappoint anyone. I do like the 8911HV's, had them on a H9 3.1meter Sukhoi until it bit the dirt. Plan to replace it when I get the $.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by cherrybomb48
Geaux Lower!
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Oct 2010
892 Posts
Quote:
Welcome to the thread, I hope it doesn't disappoint anyone. I do like the 8911HV's, had them on a H9 3.1meter Sukhoi until it bit the dirt. Plan to replace it when I get the $.
Looks good so far! This log will press me to buy that Inverza. The Sukhoi is a keeper.
cherrybomb48 is offline Find More Posts by cherrybomb48
Old 06-28-2014, 07:20 PM
Ireland, Thurles
Joined Jan 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckankel View Post
Should work fine. Bolt pattern is the same as a DA 50-60, DLE55.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Ireland, Thurles
Joined Jan 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Most everything for the build has been delivered except the Evolution 62 engine. I ordered two Falcon Propellers 23x9 & 23x10, the 23x9 to be used for break-in per the recommendation in the manual. These are the first Falcon Propellers I have ordered and I was quite impressed with the quality and the fact that each propeller came with nice foam protective covers that can be used on the prop when transporting the Inverza.

Changes planned for the Inverza 62:

1. Replace the wire spring tail wheel with a carbon fiber spring & tail wheel from Aeroworks for 15-40lb planes. I don't like a wire imbedded in the rudder.
2. Utilize aluminum stand-offs with large 3/4" stainless fender washers in place of the wood mounting block supplied with the Inverza.
3. Use longer engine mounting bolts so that nyloc nuts can be added to the back of the firewall to back up the blind nuts that are installed in the firewall.
4. Use the JRPA236 & JRPA237 servo arms instead of the servo arms suggested in the manual.

Pictures below show most of the items acquired. The second picture I have connected all the servos to the receiver, the batteries, and the telemetry module to bind & test out the configuration.

Note the two Duralite batteries are each 3000 maH, 2s2p (redundant), External Balancing with Deans connectors. I had to make up two Deans to EC3 patch cables as I always order high current batteries with Deans high current connectors as they are easier to disconnect than the EC3s. I don't alter the receiver by replacing the EC3s in the event there is a warranty issue.
What rx are you using and what telemetry will you be installing? Im thinking of telemetry also.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Brush Whacker
Joined Oct 2008
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake26m View Post
What rx are you using and what telemetry will you be installing? Im thinking of telemetry also.
See Post 19 for a list of equipment I am installing. I will use a JR922 Powersafe DSM2 RX, with a Spektrum TM1000 transmitter and a Spektrum STI receiver either on an Iphone or an Ipad with the Spektrum App that is available for free from the ITunes Store. I wish I had a transmitter that supported telemetry but my JR12X does not do telemetry.

Quick Reply