logo
Old 02-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Find More Posts by TrikeFlyer
Joined Feb 2007
95 Posts
Re: CRRC Pro GF26I

Craig -- those be airplanes just sitting around the shop gathering dust as something more exciting always Keeps showing so they never get flown.
TrikeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TrikeFlyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by hardtop351
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

mike....

i will be trying all 16" props that my hobby shop has!!!
i know of 2 that he has....a 16x8 APC and a Master Airscrew...unsure of the pitch

will try some others if i ask to get them in

cheers
craig
hardtop351 is offline Find More Posts by hardtop351
Old 02-27-2007, 01:08 AM
Find More Posts by crrcpro
Joined Oct 2006
10 Posts

Hi pilots

We use XOAR 16x8/16x10/17x8/17x10/18x8 to make the test in China on our bench.

CRRCpro Group China
crrcpro is offline Find More Posts by crrcpro
Old 02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Find More Posts by bosshoss
Joined Feb 2006
712 Posts

Xoar are good props from what I hear. Stay away from the Zinger and Master Airscrew, they have more drag and the numbers will suffer.

My tracking says my motor should be here today!!!
bosshoss is offline Find More Posts by bosshoss
Old 02-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Joined Feb 2007
95 Posts

Great Info. I will get the other sizes XOAR props you recommend so we can have a comparison of test numbers. . I don't like the Pro Zingers either and the XOAR is not much more $$$ for much better quality and performance.

It is my understanding the NX and XOAR props come from same factory in China and maybe they also make BME props.

No more news on delivery of my GF26I this morning. EMS tracking still says "released from customs" so anxiously watching mail box next 2 days.

Rennerrenegade - Jon
Old 02-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

i just checked my tracking number.....it says that my engine is in my town awaiting delivery!!!...YAAY!!!

now i hafta wait until i finish work before i can see if its here!!!

i dont know if i can get xoar props here in australia....but i certainly would like to try them out. where i live we dont get a wide variety of props. we mainly use Master Airscrew and APC props. Although we do get the occasional bolly prop too.

cheers
craig
Old 02-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Joined Feb 2007
95 Posts

Craig I just checked EMS tracking and it says the engine is at the Post Office for delivery tomorrow Hope tp post pictues of the engine and out of the box first impressions tomorrow night!

Craig, you should be able to purchase Hawk brand props where you are. They are very similiar to XOAR and should give similiar readings.

RennerRenegade Jon
Old 02-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Joined Feb 2006
712 Posts

I just picked mine up and my wife is photographing it now.

All I can say is WOW!! This is one cute little motor. The attention to detail and the powder coating , even the ignition is first class.

You get a 3-way metric T-handle tool, an ignition switch, muffler, ignition, standoffs w/bolts and blind nuts for the firewall, and a sparkplug wrench. THe sparkplug is supplied and it is a Torch CMR7H.

Shielded ignition including cap.

Wait till you see the pics....give me aabout twenty to download and resize.

AWESOME.

I am putting mine in a Seagull SuperStar 1.20. I am told the cowl will swallow this motor andI beleive it, ....this motor is tiny and light.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Joined Feb 2006
712 Posts

Here are few pictures.

Maybe you can see the carb hookup.....the choke AND Throttle are straight pull-backs to the firewall.....no crazy linkages to bend or bellcranks to mess with.

Walbro 339.

I can't wait to have this cute little motor running.

This weekend I will be building the plane and installing the gear and doing bench tests on the motor.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

ahh what a neat little engine this is!!!. i have now got mine in my hot little hands. will post some piccys very shortly. its interesting to note that cast into the packing foam is "g45/50"

cheers
craig
Old 02-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

ok guys....as you can see i now have my engine. the 2 things that i noticed after i unpacked everything was, firstly...the cdi unit. its now in a nice shiny box. secondly...those little blue standoffs....lovely blue annodising.. works well against the red cylinder.

i have found one thing so far after visually inspecting every last inch of this engine. guys can you all check where the locating dowels are on the crankcase for cracks. one of mine IS cracked...its cracked on the carb side. it may be a problem with leaking etc...but i will still run it and see if it does.

i temporarily assembled the ignition system with a 800mah 4.8v battery. WOW...it gives out a nice fat blue spark...you will hafta be VERY careful with this ignition system as even the slightest movement of the magnet past the pickup yeilds a great fat blue spark....yes it WILL jump a 1/2 inch gap EASILY.

this engine has 1 compression ring on the piston so it has less drag than if it had 2 rings...much better for power and should have a faster transition from idle to full noise.

speaking of throttle response....the ever reliable walbro carb adorns this engine. its a wt version of perhaps the most well know carb in the world. its a diaphragm type carb with a fuel pump as well so its a "set and forget" carb in most cases.

its interesting to note that this engine uses a 10mm spark plug. most other engine ive seen of this capacity use a 12 or 14mm plug. this 10mm plug appears to be a resistor type plug...handy for reducing the ignition noise asociated with spark ignition engines.

stay tuned.....more to come

cheers
craig
Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

here are the photos that didnt work the first time lol

cheers
craig
Old 02-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Joined Feb 2007
95 Posts

Craig you lucky dude, you received your engine B4 me. Just checked EMS tracking and mine was delivered at 10:15 but I am at work. Will run home at lunch time to pick it up.

Should havve more pictures and initial inspection report this evening.

Stay tuned as will also fire it up tonight on test stand to see how easy it starts.

Regards - Jon
Old 02-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Joined Feb 2007
95 Posts

Hey BossHoss, you & Craig received your engines B4 me Mine was just delivered this morning so will run home to get it at lunch time. (no wife to take pictures 4 me)

Thats great airplane BossHoss. I have one also but chose to put mine in the Sea Gull Laser instead of the Super Star as it likes to snap low & slow.

Will post pics & inspection report as well as fire it up tonight.

Regards - Jon
Old 02-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts

the cdi unit is in a chrome coated plastic case. the case is in 2 parts held together with 4 screws. ive had the lid off to see inside. the electronics are "potted" with black compound with a green flap of plastic to protect the cdi coil. there appears to be no metal shielding inside this unit. so im unsure as yet wheather it will cause radio gear problems. the plug lead braid goes all the way into the unit but unsure if it is connected electrically at this end.

cheers
craig

Quick Reply