superstocktx is offline Find More Posts by superstocktx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-30-2013, 12:01 AM
Find More Posts by yakpilot
Molalla,OR
Joined May 2006
923 Posts
I have 9 of the 520oz. and 1 140oz. servo coming for my Sukhoi. Should be here next week. I'm pretty excited to try them out.
yakpilot is offline Find More Posts by yakpilot
Old 11-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by yakpilot
Molalla,OR
Joined May 2006
923 Posts
Amazing customer service! I had a tracking number within a few minutes of ordering, and then everything showed up today. These servos are gorgeous! I had high expectations and I wasn't disappointed. I don't have any aluminum arms so put some plastic ones that came with. They just snapped on with a little effort. I didn't even put the screw in the output shaft. I could not feel ANY backlash in the gears at all. I plugged them into a plane I've been flying, and on 6 volts they were impressive. I tried to hold the arm still as I cycled the Tx stick and I couldn't hardly slow it down even. I know that is not very scientific, but I learned that the servo didn't squeal or scream or make any of the other noises that I am used to. I plan hook it up to amp meter soon see how that all goes. I can't wait to get these in a plane and use them. That will be the real test. After a season of IMAC practice we'll know everything we need to know bout these servos.
yakpilot is offline Find More Posts by yakpilot
Old 12-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Find More Posts by 74Ranch
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Sep 2013
435 Posts
I just ordered 6 this morning, it was like 7:00am, I forgot to put my full name down, at 7:20am I got a call from John looking for the rest of my info, and that my servos would be going out today, which means I will have them Friday. If the servos are like his service then I know where I will be buying servos from now on. Now if he would get into the alum. servo arms I would be set.
T
74Ranch is offline Find More Posts by 74Ranch
Old 12-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Joy
IMAC is great!!
Canada
Joined Jan 2006
537 Posts
WTB flight reports on them !
I'm glad people are buying them, they really look nice on paper and the price is right.
3D Joy is offline Find More Posts by 3D Joy
Old 12-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Find More Posts by Flynbulldog
IMAC and 3D
USA
Joined Jun 2006
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Ranch View Post
I just ordered 6 this morning, it was like 7:00am, I forgot to put my full name down, at 7:20am I got a call from John looking for the rest of my info, and that my servos would be going out today, which means I will have them Friday. If the servos are like his service then I know where I will be buying servos from now on. Now if he would get into the alum. servo arms I would be set.
T
I liked what I saw so much from my initial tests I bought a full set. They are going in my new 40% Extra.

I'm told Pro modeler will have servo arms available very soon...
Flynbulldog is offline Find More Posts by Flynbulldog
Old 12-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Find More Posts by bemeson
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2007
1,246 Posts
I will try to contact the company to obtain a couple servos to conduct a test on these servos with my lab servo tester and power supply to determine if they meet the specs that pro modeler claims. I left two messages on their voice mail and asked them to contact me. I will let you know when they get back with me.

For those of you that do not know me, I specialize in testing small electronic devices. My company has done independent testing on servos for the past four years. We started the testing when we were looking for high quality servos for surveillance equipment. I do most of the testing on the Savox line of servos. I will let you all know when I hear back from them.

From my initial look these servos appear to be be branded from another line already produced, but I will need to see them to be sure. I have no doubt that the servo cases are a newer appear to be new.

Hope this helps

Brian
bemeson is offline Find More Posts by bemeson
Old 12-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by Elkster
Super Contributor
Joined Dec 2012
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemeson View Post
For those of you that do not know me, I specialize in testing small electronic devices. My company has done independent testing on servos for the past four years. We started the testing when we were looking for high quality servos for surveillance equipment. I do most of the testing on the Savox line of servos. I will let you all know when I hear back from them.

From my initial look these servos appear to be be branded from another line already produced, but I will need to see them to be sure. I have no doubt that the servo cases are a newer appear to be new.

Hope this helps

Brian
Well...in the interest of full disclosure you could have mentioned that you not only test servos, but you're an authorized seller of Savox servos; of which you actively promote. Preferably; right before you prematurely inferred these servos are a copy. Just sayin'.

Hope this helps.
Elkster is offline Find More Posts by Elkster
Old 12-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by superstocktx
Joined Apr 2009
2,548 Posts
Haven't flown them yet(winter time here), but my Pro Modeler servos are everything I expected so far I see alot of PM servos in my future
superstocktx is offline Find More Posts by superstocktx
Old 12-16-2013, 10:27 AM
IMAC and 3D
USA
Joined Jun 2006
516 Posts
I had several conversations with John - the guy behind the proModeler Servos and nothing in that conversation lead me to think they may be a rebrand of another servo and everything we talked about indicated that they were a new product designed and built to his specs.

I don't know that for a fact because I didn't come out and ask him but my understanding is that these are not re-branded servos.

Have any of you seen another servo with machined from billet aluminum cases?

Honestly bemeson-Brian your attitude does not sound like that of an unbiased testing organization. I'm not sure I would be so quick to put my product in your hands if I were the manufacturer.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by bemeson
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2007
1,246 Posts
Sir,
I really wanted to avoid this, but since you made some accusations I really must respond.

First, I have been an independant electronics tester for several years and we have independantly tested servos for all the major manufactures. I have tested countless servos for new manufactures at their request. The manufacturers want to assure their customers that specifications that are advertised are what the consumer gets done through independant testing. I have tested somewhere around 500 different servos over in the past to include almost all brands.

Secondly, You have no idea what servos I have in my possession and its arrogant for you to make that assumption. Yes, I have two other servos from Taiwan factories that possess aluminum cases. One is billet and one is not. The internals of servos are generally what is been rebranded for your information. I can tell your that Tricore makes servos for three of the big four servo manufacturers.

I am not sure what attitude you are referring to in the first post....Yes right now you are getting a lot of attitude from me because of your arrogance. I find it insulting that you feel its okay for you to guess about my qualifications and what my company is capable of instead of simply asking.

Lastly, I have never condemned your chosen servo, but just made an observation on what I have seen. Somehow it appears that maybe you are the one with the prejudice. Look from within.

Brian
bemeson is offline Find More Posts by bemeson
Last edited by bemeson; 12-17-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by 3D Joy
IMAC is great!!
Canada
Joined Jan 2006
537 Posts
I truly think an individual can promote X brand of servo while conducting tests on Y brand of servo and be totally fair and straight about the results.

You have to understand though that the opposite can also be true.

The above post unfortunately doesnt answer this question for me.
3D Joy is offline Find More Posts by 3D Joy
Old 12-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by jaggededge
Has a lot to learn.
Joined Feb 2010
931 Posts
jaggededge is offline Find More Posts by jaggededge
Old 12-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by tallone66
Joined Dec 2011
268 Posts
Well, seeing how I am willing to try new stuff when it looks good, I just pulled the trigger on 7 pro modler servo's. Got the 525's for my next project.
I am a savox fan as well, but hey, lets try something new. spent 1/2 hr on the phone with the owner, asking several questions, which he answered with what I felt the gods honest truth.
one thing that I can clear up here is: His cases are CNC'd in house, in the good ol USof A. They are then assembled in the US.
He does not hide the fact that the components come from both Japan and Tiawan, and that is where the big 3 originate from as well.
Yes his gears are ti coated, with a brass/steel gearset as well. From what I can see, should be a very good setup.
Did one test today, on servo that is very popular, Advertised as Titanium gearset. Very simple test, in my shop.
Broke out the drill, didn't take much to make a hole in any of the gears, and for some reason, the shavings seemed to have that alum look to them.
Looking forward to bemeson's testing to see what hecomes up with, and if it differs from the previous ops testing.
At the end of the day, results and performance will speak for itself.
I do remember when Savox first hit the market as well............
tallone66 is offline Find More Posts by tallone66
Old 12-17-2013, 06:26 PM
IMAC and 3D
USA
Joined Jun 2006
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemeson View Post
Sir,
I really wanted to avoid this, but since you made some accusations I really must respond.

First, I have been an independant electronics tester for several years and we have independantly tested servos for all the major manufactures. I have tested countless servos for new manufactures at their request. The manufacturers want to assure their customers that specifications that are advertised are what the consumer gets done through independant testing. I have tested somewhere around 500 different servos over in the past to include almost all brands.

Secondly, You have no idea what servos I have in my possession and its arrogant for you to make that assumption. Yes, I have two other servos from Taiwan factories that possess aluminum cases. One is billet and one is not. The internals of servos are generally what is been rebranded for your information. I can tell your that Tricore makes servos for three of the big four servo manufacturers.

I am not sure what attitude you are referring to in the first post....Yes right now you are getting a lot of attitude from me because of your arrogance. I find it insulting that you feel its okay for you to guess about my qualifications and what my company is capable of instead of simply asking.

Lastly, I have never condemned your chosen servo, but just made an observation on what I have seen. Somehow it appears that maybe you are the one with the prejudice. Look from within.

Brian
I don't think I said anything to prompt this kind of response and the only thing pointed toward you was about your attitude not your knowledge or your capability to test servos.

Unfortunately you have provided further evidence on the attitude part...

please test away, perhaps you should buy them, like I did, if you want to conduct some tests?
Last edited by Flynbulldog; 12-17-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply