logo
Old 01-17-2019, 05:55 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
10,847 Posts
To be clear, the 18SZ does not have an A123 pack. It is a "normal" LiFePO4 (LiFe) pack. I balance charge the 18SZ pack outside the TX about every 15-20 charges. So far no major issues.
Judge is online now Find More Posts by Judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-17-2019, 06:07 PM
Find More Posts by Truckracer
Des Moines, Iowa USA
Joined Nov 2007
4,241 Posts
Thats pretty much what I do with my 18sz battery. Charging and maintaining the 18sz battery is about as painless and easy as any battery could be.
Truckracer is online now Find More Posts by Truckracer
Old 01-18-2019, 09:26 AM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroker View Post
Pots have some hysteresis also. Futaba has chosen an expensive pot that is roughly 5 times as expensive as a cheap Hall chip and magnet.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=634
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 01-18-2019, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Joined Jan 2008
604 Posts
The white Futaba pots are a Murata part that was advertised but never made it to market. They were supposed to be 10M turn pots as well. Made white to distinguish them from the 1M turn blue pots. Now you have to take pot specs. with a grain of salt like servo speed and torque. In one test this means that in 1M turns only 30% of the resistance element is worn away. BUT where did the crap go. It is still on the surface and results in noise - jittering jumping servos. This was the problem with the (then $1.23) blue pots. If you blew the dust off they were fine again. The white 10M turn pots were going to sell for about 4~5 times as much.

Now I don't know what the difference is in the Alps and Murata 10M turn pots ? Local linearity ? Hysteresis ? Note that Robbe Futaba always used Alps pots in the 14MZ/12Z sticks.

The white pots are also 60~80 degrees active element - like the RDC90. This is supposed to give you maybe 2 more bits of resolution - wider voltage swing.
Four Stroker is offline Find More Posts by Four Stroker

Quick Reply