logo
Old 01-15-2019, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by Mooney 78865
Joined Dec 2018
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybye Steve View Post
Something else that kind of relates to the "calling" questions.
If you are new to IMAC, you can create an enormous advantage over your competitors if you can do three things.
1. Get competent help in setting up and trimming you plane. Get it trimmed out down to the inth
degree with the help of someone who really knows what they're doing. It could take you 100
flights to get your plane to the point where you don't have to compensate for faults in the
performance of the plane.
2. Go to judging school and learn what you are being judge for. What you think might look like
a good maneuver may not be that good at all.
3. Memorize the sequence you are flying to the degree where your total concentration is on flying
the plane through the maneuvers.
I have a friend who flies in the Advance Class and does very well at it. The first thing he tells
his caller as they are going to the flight line; don't say a word while I'm flying unless I'm in
immanent danger of a mid air collision.
His total concentration is on flying the plane.
I agree 100%, trimming is everything. I spend a fair amount of time trimming on the bench. I can not believe how many people come out with just a basic CG setting, and the throws so aggressive the plane is all over the sky! Not to mention with today's radios, it is very easy to program out unwanted tendencies.
I use the triangulation trimming guide by Bryan Hebert. Granted, it is for aircraft with more adjustability (F3A), but the setup and basics are the same.
Before the first contest I/we will know the maneuvers, and my wife will know the symbols. As I said earlier, IMAC is a bit different. We are used to a written narrative in F3A.
Now to figure out what class to fly.....
Mooney 78865 is offline Find More Posts by Mooney 78865
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply