Old 11-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts
IMAC Sweepstakes!!!

IMAC Sweepstakes!!!

Have you been one of those guys that keeps thinking about giving IMAC a try but has yet to do so? Well, now is a better time than ever to get started on your path to competitive flying and join the IMAC organization!!! The IMAC board of directors has accumulated top quality products for one incredible prize! Not to mention this could be a huge opportunity for a giant scale enthusiast that got the shaft from Santa this year to turn it around and start 08' off on the right foot with a badass new setup for the minimal cost of dues! Thats right, you can win, just by being an IMAC member!!! I just got off the horn with Ken McGuire, a VP within the IMAC organization to get us the details, take it away Ken!!!

Hey FG Crew!

This year for the first time, IMAC has teamed up with a boatload of sponsors to bring to you - the members of IMAC - an incredible deal. Interested in winning a 46% Hangar 9 Ultimate with plenty of goodies to make it go? Read on!

What is IMAC? Well, according to our website: "The International Miniature Aerobatic Club (IMAC) is a member supported, non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of RC scale aerobatic competition. IMAC is recognized as the primary voice of the scale aerobatic special interest group (SIG) of the AMA." While that is definitely the truth, IMAC is also a great organization that has brought me a ton of super memories and lots of new friends. Ever wonder just what the IMAC organization provides for its members? Here are just a few examples:
  • A set of rules and regulations that define how a contest is to be run with an emphasis on keeping contests consistent wherever they may be run.
  • Safety standards for these contests to help prevent injuries.
  • Judging criteria to insure consistent judging from event to event.
  • Known sequences every year.
  • Unknown sequences for any IMAC contest, anywhere in the world.
  • The AMA Scale Aerobatic NATS contest.
  • Judging seminars in each region every year.
As you can imagine, these are just a few of the things that IMAC brings to the scale aerobatics community every year. Did you enjoy following the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout this year? It wouldn't have happened without IMAC (and a huge number of dedicated people and sponsors!). None of this stuff comes free, and we rely on our members to help us "foot the bill" and continue to progress the organization and hence - scale aerobatics!

So what does this have to do with you? If you aren't an IMAC member, please consider joining. It only costs $20 per year, and your membership lasts for an entire year no matter when you join (unlike your AMA membership). And to sweeten the deal, IMAC has teamed up with sponsors to offer the first annual IMAC Membership Sweepstakes.

Join IMAC between now and December 31, 2007 (if you have already joined IMAC, you only need to be a member as of 12/31/07), and you will be entered into a drawing for - drumroll please:
  • A Hangar 9 46% Ultimate ARF
  • JR 8711 servos
  • Desert Aircraft DA-150 engine
  • Fromeco 40% power package
This is an incredible deal, and all you have to do is be an IMAC member. Special thanks to Hangar 9, Horizon Hobbies, Desert Aircraft, and Fromeco for making this possible. The drawing will be held at the next Toledo Weak Signals show, April 2008.

You can join IMAC online by visiting the IMAC website at http://www.mini-iac.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=1.

Full Sweepstakes details can be found at http://www.mini-iac.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=264.

See you at the field!

Ken McGuire
IMAC VP
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,403 Posts
Re: IMAC Sweepstakes!!!

Awesome!
Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wayne
Old 11-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Find More Posts by capcanuck
CapCanuck
Sudbury, Ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2006
378 Posts

The dedication and hard work of these people is amazing! Hats off to all who toil for endless hours designing the best aerobatic sequences in the world and who provide us as contest directors with the Unknowns as well Great organization and the best format I have ever flown....IMAC RULES

Lee Prevost (AKA CapCanuck)
IMAC 3705
MAAC 9551

Co-CD Northern Ontario IMAC Challenge (NOIC)
Co-CD Canadian Scale Aerobatics Nationals --2008!! More Info soon
capcanuck is offline Find More Posts by capcanuck
Old 11-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by Radioactive
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

Could someone help me get a fake IMAC /ID card, i need to win this puppy!! Just kidding ,the IMAC BOD, and RD's are excluded.........maybe i could sign my wife,dog,etc up as an Imac pilot...yeah right
Desparate!
Radioactive is offline Find More Posts by Radioactive
Old 11-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by bodywerks
Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
5,331 Posts

just renewed! Can't wait to give it a shot this year!
bodywerks is offline Find More Posts by bodywerks
Old 11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by tony-amps
Cool Runnins Mun
Miami,Fla
Joined Jan 2006
917 Posts

A big huge Thank you go's out to all the volunteers past and present that have made IMAC such a huge success. We all owe allot to IMAC and the great people that make up the organization .

Thank you

Tony Fandino
tony-amps is offline Find More Posts by tony-amps
Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by Johnny MoJo
AKA Johnny Sabre
Pro Bro City, TN
Joined Jan 2006
165 Posts

Joining now!

Guess I should get my Fatty done!

J.
Johnny MoJo is offline Find More Posts by Johnny MoJo
Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by Mike Bargman
If only you knew...
Geneva, IL
Joined Jan 2006
2,189 Posts

I've never met a better group of guys in my life than the guys that fly IMAC. We always have an absolute blast and no matter if we are competing against each other or in different classes, we're all out for the same thing...FUN. That's all it's about. If it wasn't for all the people in the sport, I'd never do it.
Mike Bargman is offline Find More Posts by Mike Bargman
Old 11-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Find More Posts by LawnJockey
cuttin the grass with balsa
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jan 2006
1,393 Posts

I agree with Mike. I competed for the first time last year. What a blast. Great group of guys and nothing but fun. I had to join this year.

LJ
LawnJockey is offline Find More Posts by LawnJockey
Old 11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by prizzy
High Point, NC
Joined Oct 2006
9,210 Posts

IMAC is awesome!
prizzy is offline Find More Posts by prizzy
Old 11-30-2007, 12:21 PM
tl3
Find More Posts by tl3
tl3
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Aylett
Joined Feb 2006
763 Posts

Quote:
IMAC is awesome
An understatement for sure. It's only going to get better as well . . . there are things going on behind the scenes that will bear fruit for years to come.
t
tl3 is offline Find More Posts by tl3
Old 11-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Find More Posts by FlyguyXII
Yep it's a WillBuilt
Columbus, IN
Joined Feb 2006
587 Posts

lots of fun!!! i always look forward to going and hanging out with my friends. IMAC is basically like a second family
FlyguyXII is offline Find More Posts by FlyguyXII
Old 11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by HuckinChikn
just wanna FLY!
St. Louis
Joined Jul 2006
2,574 Posts

BAD-ASS! I'm joining this weekend!
HuckinChikn is offline Find More Posts by HuckinChikn
Old 11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by Radioactive
IMAC PRESIDENT
FL
Joined Jan 2007
1,726 Posts

Guys, Couldn't agree more! Imac means RoadTrips,Good times,food,,fellowship,competition, and helping each to be the best you can, even helping the guy beating you! Mutual respect for each competitors equipement, to the point of lending your planes to guys who are competing directly againist you. Imagine how bad it would be, without your Imac Brothers to pick you up, after a failure, crash, or another stupid Zero in an unknown!Imac gives more than it takes for sure, and the pilots as well.I've witnessed tremendous giving by imac'ers when a fellow pilot has lost a plane. This year at the NATS, i witnessed Mr. Larry Arsenal(forgive my spelling), donate two new planes to two pilot who had terrible luck! Sponsors also stepped up, and kept it quiet, and just helped out without public record. Proud to belong to Imac, and fellowship with some of the world's best!
Fella's it just doesn't get better than that!
Radioactive is offline Find More Posts by Radioactive
Old 11-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by Jonathan Ott
Will fly for food.
United States, NC, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2006
1,076 Posts

Each time one of you Huckers join or renew lowers the chances of my winning that package.

Think about me, the new guy to IMAC, who really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, *breath* really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, *breath* really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, *breath (getting dizzy...) really, really, really, really, ...room spinning....really, really, really, really,
Jonathan Ott is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Ott

Quick Reply