Old 01-15-2022, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Mark Dennis
Robot Babysitter
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2006
1,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planebender View Post
Hi guys, a question for you owners of the EF-114.
Do any of you guys still have your factory Spec sheet that came with your plane. This will have hand written incidence settings on wings, Stabs Ect.
If you do would you be kind enough to snap a shot if it and post it?
Thanks!
Dave
Nice thing about EF is they now post this along with the full dimensions for all their planes on their site, here’s the one for the 114” slick.
Mark Dennis is offline Find More Posts by Mark Dennis
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-15-2022, 12:43 PM
Find More Posts by planebender
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Actually they all do. However they are very easily overlooked and tossed out with the instruction manual
I just had to completely redo my anti rotation pins as for some unknown reason the factory used “Silicone” sleeves over the aluminum pins. The silicone wore out in like 30 flights and the wings were very loose. I’m told the new 114 Slicks have a solid pin.

Dave
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender
Old 01-15-2022, 01:38 PM
AHP
Find More Posts by AHP
AHP
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2006
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Actually they all do. However they are very easily overlooked and tossed out with the instruction manual
I just had to completely redo my anti rotation pins as for some unknown reason the factory used “Silicone” sleeves over the aluminum pins. The silicone wore out in like 30 flights and the wings were very loose. I’m told the new 114 Slicks have a solid pin.

Dave

Actually... At the risk of being pedantic I can assure you that's not the case. This thread prompted me to double check to be sure. Mine was delivered in November, unit 3006, and I just assembled it a few weeks back. I cataloged and inspected every single piece that came out of the 3 boxes; nothing overlooked or tossed (in fact I still have the boxes to break down). There was no manual. Only a generic one-pager that points you to the assembly videos with the usual disclaimers on the back. That was packaged with the decal sheet; there was no other documentation included. It would have been nice to have a manual of some sort because my biggest assembly gripe was finding I needed an additional 1/4" spacer to go with the Blazing Star mount (on top of the two included spacers) to get spinner/cowl clearance correct. I was actually planning to do my own assembly recap thread because there were a few small annoyances that would have been good to know in advance, given zero model-specific documentation was provided.

The outer anti-roll pins on mine are hollow aluminum.
AHP is offline Find More Posts by AHP
Old 01-15-2022, 04:06 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Ok. Well I guess anything can change. I’ll retract my statement. My kit did come with it as well as many that I’ve built for customers.
Dave
Old 01-16-2022, 11:10 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dennis View Post
Nice thing about EF is they now post this along with the full dimensions for all their planes on their site, here’s the one for the 114” slick.
Thanks Mark! Somehow I totally missed your post reply.
I replaced my wings back in May 21 and plane has never flown worth a darn. After totally zeroing out the entire aircraft it required .038 shims of Down thrust and it flys on rails again.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:18 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Check the EFRC youtube page from time to time content is added and hopefully we can build it better as time goes to include the changes in EF products.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC_...ow93CNA/videos
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 01-17-2022, 08:19 AM
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Ok. Well I guess anything can change. I’ll retract my statement. My kit did come with it as well as many that I’ve built for customers.
Dave
Dave, that sheet was something for quite some time but I am reasonably sure they don't put those in there anymore. Next time I talk with Chris I will try to remember to ask.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:06 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Thanks Jeff. I actually solved my problem. My plane required 1.5 deg Down Thrust to fly correctly.
All good now.
Dave
Old 01-20-2022, 08:34 AM
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Glad it is flying correctly again...........and note to self, never throw away that incidence meter.

Quick Reply