logo
Old 01-18-2021, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
United States, FL, Odessa
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Discussion
Powerbox Pioneer

Just ordered some Powerbox items (couple of Pioneers) from Tower. I didn’t realize that Powerbox qualified for the Tower coupon codes!!

Spend $410, get $70 off, that’s 17% and the best deal I have found. For those Tower Club members, the loyalty points can also be applied.

They don’t have a full offering of products, but the Pioneer is an awesome and popular piece...
GR8R8 is offline Find More Posts by GR8R8
Last edited by GR8R8; 01-18-2021 at 09:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-18-2021, 08:16 PM
Find More Posts by MattyMatt
CARF-Models Rep USA
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Apr 2006
3,710 Posts
wow... that's a great deal.

I have the pioneer in my new 91" EF Extra 300 V2.

Works well. What TX you using with it?
MattyMatt is offline Find More Posts by MattyMatt
Old 01-18-2021, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by bluefear
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2013
325 Posts
Yes tower codes and powerbox items are a killer deal. Hard to beat anywhere on the internet. I bought several pioneers, powerbox smoke pump and a mercury on several different orders , items were on sale plus $70 off each time... wow have a stock of powerbox goodies now

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
bluefear is online now Find More Posts by bluefear
Old 01-18-2021, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
wow... that's a great deal.

I have the pioneer in my new 91" EF Extra 300 V2.

Works well. What TX you using with it?
I just switched to the Core, still setting up several airframes. Have been down and out with COVID for the past month so have yet to fly with it...
Old 01-18-2021, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefear View Post
Yes tower codes and powerbox items are a killer deal. Hard to beat anywhere on the internet. I bought several pioneers, powerbox smoke pump and a mercury on several different orders , items were on sale plus $70 off each time... wow have a stock of powerbox goodies now

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
That’s how I stumbled on it as I needed a Powerbox 2x output smoke pump for my 41% Extra. Unfortunately, the Pioneer is back ordered, but these are for the next builds (Santa brought me several Pioneers and left them under the tree!!).
Old 01-19-2021, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8R8 View Post
That’s how I stumbled on it as I needed a Powerbox 2x output smoke pump for my 41% Extra. Unfortunately, the Pioneer is back ordered, but these are for the next builds (Santa brought me several Pioneers and left them under the tree!!).
I was looking for a Pioneer for a BVM F100D and did a Google search. One of the places listed was Tower. I had no idea, I new HH carried some PB but not Tower. Anyway, I got a pair of Pioneers from them....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 01-20-2021, 08:03 AM
Find More Posts by rooman
They're get'n lower mate.....
United States, PA, Home
Joined Nov 2006
3,941 Posts
What tower discount codes are current ?
rooman is online now Find More Posts by rooman
Old 01-20-2021, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Attached are the Tower codes. Please note that the Powerbox items are only eligible for the standard codes.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:35 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Ran into a hiccup today with the Pioneer and the GPSIII module. My builder had to get ahold of PBUSA and Danny told him that there is an adapter to get the GPSIII module to work with the Pioneer. I don't understand that part as the information I saw said that only the GPSIII would work with the Pioneer. Might have something to do with using both the iGyro satellite with a GPS module?

Anyway, Danny told my guy that there is an adapter device which should come with the Pioneer but they rarely send them out because most people do not use them.....

Cannot get a better answer there for now as Adam's wife has had a baby and he's off for two weeks so we cannot ask him.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by GR8R8
Joined Apr 2019
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Ran into a hiccup today with the Pioneer and the GPSIII module. My builder had to get ahold of PBUSA and Danny told him that there is an adapter to get the GPSIII module to work with the Pioneer. I don't understand that part as the information I saw said that only the GPSIII would work with the Pioneer. Might have something to do with using both the iGyro satellite with a GPS module?

Anyway, Danny told my guy that there is an adapter device which should come with the Pioneer but they rarely send them out because most people do not use them.....

Cannot get a better answer there for now as Adam's wife has had a baby and he's off for two weeks so we cannot ask him.
Hmmm... you would think they would include that with the GPSIII. I have 5 Pioneers and non have them have any module included. Looking at the GPSIII box, there’re two cables, one of which is a Y harness.

I haven’t got to my build I want the GPSIII for, so I will follow to see what’s needed.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8R8 View Post
Hmmm... you would think they would include that with the GPSIII. I have 5 Pioneers and non have them have any module included. Looking at the GPSIII box, there’re two cables, one of which is a Y harness.

I haven’t got to my build I want the GPSIII for, so I will follow to see what’s needed.
In discussions with my builder, he is thinking exactly the same thing as the GPSIII module and the iGyro Satellite are suppose to plug into the same port. Sounds like a Y-Harness but I didn't even look at mine, just dropped it off at his house.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:32 PM
Find More Posts by aviti
St Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2006
1,468 Posts
I’m looking at the PB Pioneer for an EF 91 Laser. It looks like a great solution with Spektrum Powersafe stuff unavailable.

Does anyone know that these work with a DX9? It looks like you would just plug 2 SXLR2 remotes into the unit but will all the telemetry functions work with the DX9? I read in FG someone was having trouble with a DX8 but perhaps it was the 1st gen DX8?

The manual for the Pioneer also concerns me because it says:

By default the Pioneer operates in DX18 compatibility mode. The DX18 and DX20 mode can be selected using Terminal via USB or BlueCom.

The DX20 isn’t even available any more. I can’t see any reason it wouldn’t work with a DX9 but maybe someone has used it with one??
aviti is offline Find More Posts by aviti
Old 04-24-2021, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviti View Post
I’m looking at the PB Pioneer for an EF 91 Laser. It looks like a great solution with Spektrum Powersafe stuff unavailable.

Does anyone know that these work with a DX9? It looks like you would just plug 2 SXLR2 remotes into the unit but will all the telemetry functions work with the DX9? I read in FG someone was having trouble with a DX8 but perhaps it was the 1st gen DX8?

The manual for the Pioneer also concerns me because it says:

By default the Pioneer operates in DX18 compatibility mode. The DX18 and DX20 mode can be selected using Terminal via USB or BlueCom.

The DX20 isn’t even available any more. I can’t see any reason it wouldn’t work with a DX9 but maybe someone has used it with one??
Here's the place to get your questions about PB stuff answered. You'll have to create an account but it's free. Please browse the forums before posting a new question per Richard who runs the forum, you can read his posts about it right up front when you log in.

I have no idea what the issue might be with a DX9 other than the possibility that the Pioneer is a 14 channel unit. You do have to install the Terminal software on your computer to interface with the various components and that's where you tell the Pioneer which kind/brand of rx's you'll be using.

Be aware, Mac's don't usually play well with this stuff that was designed for PC's and the software itself is Linux.

It's a slick setup......

https://forum.powerbox-systems.com/i...repairrequest/
Old 04-24-2021, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by aviti
St Louis, MO
Joined Jan 2006
1,468 Posts
Thanks for the info. I checked that forum and it sounds like they helped the guy with the DX8 issue and it should work with the DX9.
aviti is offline Find More Posts by aviti

Quick Reply