logo
Old 05-23-2017, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by Eric_04
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Jan 2017
482 Posts
Discussion
BoomaRc questions

Hey guys, I ordered a dual redundancy pin flag switch from Booma last week and have a couple questions... Yes I should have probably asked this beforehand but too late. It hasnt shipped yet and not sure if I made a mistake ordering. They have a couple of options for shipping that dont make sense to me. I chose the option for US warehouse seeing as how I am in the US. But my order has been processing for days...

I guess my question is, did I choose the right option? Where do you guys place your orders for BoomaRc parts? Is there a US dealer for them? I tried searching and couldnt find one, so I just ordered directly from their website.
Eric_04 is offline Find More Posts by Eric_04
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-24-2017, 01:38 AM
Find More Posts by Ryan Cartmell
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Jan 2015
182 Posts
I'm not sure if Booma RC actually has an office in the US or not. Duralite Flight Systems is a distributor for them in North America. I know the owner personally and believe they have access to all of their products. Hope this helps.

https://duraliteflightsystems.com/
Ryan Cartmell is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Cartmell
Old 05-24-2017, 05:00 AM
Find More Posts by rcflyguy
workin on rollers!!!
Findlay, OH
Joined Jan 2006
2,203 Posts
You'll get it, I believe everything is made to order. Their stuff is top notch.
rcflyguy is offline Find More Posts by rcflyguy
Old 05-24-2017, 08:13 AM
Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Only Amateurs Measure First
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Apr 2016
1,389 Posts
Joe Nall happened and I placed an order a while ago and am still waiting for it to be shipped.

Brendan informed me that they are backlogged (to be expected after a week off at Nall) and they will start shipping things out as fast as possible.

My order was placed to ship from the US warehouse also.

He also informed me that the Powerbox Extreme FOB version is backordered and due in stock in a few weeks.
Keith Cannon is offline Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Old 05-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by Kevin Y
JTEC RADIOWAVE
Mooresville, NC
Joined Jan 2006
1,765 Posts
Everybody was at Joe Nall, Give them a couple days to get caught up. They had product at Nall so you should be fine!

Al
Kevin Y is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Y
Old 06-23-2017, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by subx
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2014
13 Posts
With the Pin Flag switch, are both outputs using both batteries? My receiver for some reason doesn't get enough power from my XPS 10+, so I was going to branch one of the cables to go to the receiver, but do I need to do both, or will one still give me power from either battery in the event of a battery failure?

Or if someone can help me with the 10+ not getting sufficient power, that would be helpful as well It is a Futaba R7008SB.
subx is offline Find More Posts by subx
Last edited by subx; 06-23-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by Pilotpete
Lyndonville, VT
Joined Nov 2008
1,064 Posts
Yes, both outputs will receive power from both batteries, though if one battery fails, both outputs will draw from the good battery!

I'm a BIG fan of the XPS 10+, but in my setup there are no servos on the R6303SB I'm running, all servos are on the X10+
Are you running high torque servos on the R7008SB, and how many?
Also, what gauge wire is feeding the receiver from the X10+?
When I made the cable to connect my setup, I used 22awg wire, even though the receiver itself is only drawing about 70mA with no servos connected.
Pete
Pilotpete is offline Find More Posts by Pilotpete
Old 06-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by tande
United States, MI, Millington
Joined Sep 2008
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subx View Post
With the Pin Flag switch, are both outputs using both batteries? My receiver for some reason doesn't get enough power from my XPS 10+, so I was going to branch one of the cables to go to the receiver, but do I need to do both, or will one still give me power from either battery in the event of a battery failure?

Or if someone can help me with the 10+ not getting sufficient power, that would be helpful as well It is a Futaba R7008SB.
I would post your question here.....Jim Drew will have the info. you're wanting .....
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Old 06-23-2017, 03:30 PM
XPS
Find More Posts by XPS
XPS
CEO/Mad Scientist
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Mar 2015
379 Posts
Are there any servos plugged into the R7008SB? The X10+ is designed for the receiver (only) to be powered from the X10+'s input port(s). If you are going to hang servos off of the R7008SB, then you need to provide a different means of power (like a Y-harness from the Booma switch) to the R7008SB.

If you don't have any servos on the R7008SB, then make sure that you don't have the cable plugged in backwards (yes, it could still power up, but wouldn't work). If the cable is the correct polarity, disconnect the R7008SB and then check the voltage at the cable end that plugs into the R7008SB. It should be the same as your battery source voltage. If not, then something's wrong with either the cable from the X10+ board, the X10+ board, or the Booma switch.
XPS is offline Find More Posts by XPS
Old 06-23-2017, 07:13 PM
Find More Posts by subx
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2014
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPS View Post
Are there any servos plugged into the R7008SB? The X10+ is designed for the receiver (only) to be powered from the X10+'s input port(s). If you are going to hang servos off of the R7008SB, then you need to provide a different means of power (like a Y-harness from the Booma switch) to the R7008SB.

If you don't have any servos on the R7008SB, then make sure that you don't have the cable plugged in backwards (yes, it could still power up, but wouldn't work). If the cable is the correct polarity, disconnect the R7008SB and then check the voltage at the cable end that plugs into the R7008SB. It should be the same as your battery source voltage. If not, then something's wrong with either the cable from the X10+ board, the X10+ board, or the Booma switch.
Thanks, I will check over everything again just to be sure.
subx is offline Find More Posts by subx

Quick Reply