logo
Old 11-15-2018, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by DowdyFlier
Joined Jan 2018
3 Posts
To make it a true reunion thread they'd have to un-ban all of the OG members they've banned! lol
DowdyFlier is offline Find More Posts by DowdyFlier
Last edited by DowdyFlier; 11-15-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-15-2018, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangoTango View Post
Bob Sawyer: Sensei!
Thanks! I miss reading his hyper lite build threads and information.
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 11-15-2018, 10:13 AM
Find More Posts by jm_mac
Shut up....AND THROW DOWN!
the STICKS and yes, california has sticks, CA.
Joined May 2009
1,682 Posts
Great thread!! Been out for awhile after a divorce...Ö.Got my head back. I'm in full tilt again!!!
jm_mac is offline Find More Posts by jm_mac
Old 11-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
4,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowdyFlier View Post
To make it a true reunion thread they'd have to un-ban all of the OG members they've banned! lol
I think Jim T. said if all will follow the rules on this thread, there'd be no problem. I attended my first Joe Nall back in 2010 and met all the OG types..... There are some that got banned and some that are still here or lurking. I miss both types and am hoping for a full reunion as well as maybe another trip to Joe Nall this coming year. Could you see that happening? Could you imagine the fun we'd all have? It would be a Bucket List come true for me!
WT

PS: I got asked why I always sign off with double thumbs up..... It stands for always positive, always good thoughts one for Kyle, one for me.
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 11-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by crosswind
Never hover on an empty tank
Sacramento, California
Joined Nov 2009
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm_mac View Post
Great thread!! Been out for awhile after a divorce...Ö.Got my head back. I'm in full tilt again!!!
It was great to see ya back out at the field the other day. Welcome back JM!

Now, back to my Black Friday list...lol
crosswind is offline Find More Posts by crosswind
Old 11-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by gmorales83
Carbon Fiber Everything
United States, TX, Sealy
Joined Mar 2008
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
Thanks! I miss reading his hyper lite build threads and information.

I do as well!!

I had the pleasure of meeting him at his shop/garage many years ago while he was working the Aerotech airframes...the man knows so much, and is very kind about answering any questions you may have regarding light building and the use of composites.

Maybe he'll make a mega comeback with a 50% build using a DA-70 twin. Hehehe

GM
gmorales83 is offline Find More Posts by gmorales83
Old 11-15-2018, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by Hoosier06
United States, IN, Highland
Joined Jan 2006
608 Posts
Was it here the Bill Hemple posted videos? I never forgot Bill and Jason Shulman doing the video in Mexico dedicated to Juan and Juanto. Bill has his 50% Edge and it ends up having it look like Jason is hanging on to the landing gear under the plane as Bill takes off. Still have that video and also the video of the last flight of the big Edge.
Hoosier06 is offline Find More Posts by Hoosier06
Last edited by Hoosier06; 11-15-2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-15-2018, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by Tim Jesky
Airplane Ace, and a real nice guy!
Joined Jun 2009
43 Posts
Those days were just so much fun, plenty of good natured insults were dished out and received. What can you say about MadMax, he could really come up with some unbelievable sh*t . He's blessed with the kind of outrageous personality that let him get away with stuff that would likely get most of us our butts kicked. The Avatar of him morphing into a woman is and always will be a classic.

I"m certain we genuinely cared for one another too. When someone was facing difficult times, we rallied to support them. Terry suffered the unimaginable tragedy of losing his son Kyle, and shared Kyle's fight in the hospital to overcome the injuries that took his life. I'd like to believe that the collective prayers of FG'ers gave Terry and his family some small measure of comfort in those terrible days. The same held true when we lost Bryce Fernandez, Donnie Leseberg and others who left us way to soon. Fact is, that support included ALL, you didn't have to be a big name pilot here, everybody was somebody on FG!!

You also can't overlook the solid information that was shared. Lots of problems solved in minutes that could have taken days without the incredible knowledge base of this group.

Best of all was the camaraderie we shared, that's what kept us coming back again and again.
Tim Jesky is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jesky
Old 11-15-2018, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by Cajun
Teen Scene Staff
Franklin, Louisana
Joined Jan 2006
396 Posts
Man what a time for a thread like this. I have been gone for about 8 years and am just geeting back int flying now.

I started coming around back in 2006 when I was in High School. Back then it was all Flying Cirkus. I was flying an Avistar trainer in the cane fields of South Louisiana when a legendary member on Flying Cirkus, NoContact, reached out and invited me to come fly with them. A few months later I was bouncing the tail of this disgusting U Can Do 3D 60 with a Saito 180 up and down the runway. That thing was branded with Flying Cirkus Stickers I printed off my ink jet printer on to normal computer paper and then stuck to the fuselage with packing tape. It even had a tooth brush screwed to the tail for a tail wheel. Hahaha. Good Times. Was always a blast checking in on here and still is.

Anywho, I'm back and ready to rip! What's a Spektrum? And who's got the pin for channel 44, I'm trying to fly!

Update* I see in my profile I'm still listed as a Teen Scene moderator. I see that forum is now gone, probably a good idea in this day and age.
Cajun is offline Find More Posts by Cajun
Last edited by Cajun; 11-15-2018 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by Litespeedci2
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2018
2 Posts
When and where will 2019 be

Just wondering if there are any plans for a 2019 get togather, and if so when and where it will be. I am new to the land of the giants, but look forward to being an active part as I go about restoring a couple of beauties I acquired.
Litespeedci2 is offline Find More Posts by Litespeedci2
Old 11-15-2018, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by JeeUm
United States, NY, Wading River
Joined Jan 2006
4,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowdyFlier View Post
I made it through.
JeeUm is offline Find More Posts by JeeUm
Old 11-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Find More Posts by WangoTango
Conroe, Texas U.S.A.
Joined Feb 2007
4,779 Posts
Tim!

[QUOTE=Tim Jesky;2775649]Those days were just so much fun, plenty of good natured insults were dished out and received. What can you say about MadMax, he could really come up with some unbelievable sh*t . He's blessed with the kind of outrageous personality that let him get away with stuff that would likely get most of us our butts kicked. The Avatar of him morphing into a woman is and always will be a classic.

I"m certain we genuinely cared for one another too. When someone was facing difficult times, we rallied to support them. Terry suffered the unimaginable tragedy of losing his son Kyle, and shared Kyle's fight in the hospital to overcome the injuries that took his life. I'd like to believe that the collective prayers of FG'ers gave Terry and his family some small measure of comfort in those terrible days. The same held true when we lost Bryce Fernandez, Donnie Leseberg and others who left us way to soon. Fact is, that support included ALL, you didn't have to be a big name pilot here, everybody was somebody on FG!!

Tim,
You and your whole family are golden to us! I made a comment to some pilot friends the other day...... I donít do Facebook, Instagram, etc. I do only Flying Giants! It reaches the people that matter to me and is not labor intensive. Getting to see your family on my annual trek to Toledo is one of the highlights of the trip! I hope to see you next Toledo show!
Terry & Sharon
WangoTango is offline Find More Posts by WangoTango
Old 11-16-2018, 12:50 AM
Find More Posts by Mithrandir
TEAM FUTABA
High Desert California, USA
Joined Jan 2006
7,858 Posts
I just signed up a week ago... who are all these old fart geezers you talkin 'bout!?!?

One of THE originals was Smokin Joe!!
Cool Dude for sure!
Mithrandir is offline Find More Posts by Mithrandir
Old 11-16-2018, 06:56 AM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,002 Posts
Bob Sadlers screen name was " Biff " . he still lives about a half an hour away from TTA.
Fixed it

Lets not forget Voodoo , and Flying Hawaiian
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Last edited by flying skunks; 11-16-2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Brain fart
Old 11-16-2018, 08:53 AM
Find More Posts by JeeUm
United States, NY, Wading River
Joined Jan 2006
4,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying skunks View Post
Bob Sadlers screen name was " Mouth of the South " . he still lives about a half an hour away from TTA.

Lets not forget Voodoo , and Flying Hawaiian
Bobís screen name was Biff
JeeUm is offline Find More Posts by JeeUm

Quick Reply