logo
Old 10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Find More Posts by maac16324
Flyin' Around
Victoria, BC Canada
Joined May 2006
21 Posts
Visitor Friendly Fields?

I'll be spending three months (December through March) in New Zealand to escape our winter. I am looking for a few visitor friendly flying fields. I fly everything including helis so would be interested in crossing paths with all aspects of flying in New Zealand. I will be staying in Warkworth and will have lots of time on my hands. Directions to fields or, preferrably, gps coordinates would be greatly appreciated. If it worked out I would also be interested in picking up and airplane and/or heli to do some flying while I am there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brian Weekley
Victoria, BC
maac16324 is offline Find More Posts by maac16324
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Find More Posts by Mr Loopy
Doo It! Doo It!
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Mar 2007
195 Posts
Re: Visitor Friendly Fields?

Christchurch Radio Fliers are a friendly bunch in the South
Mr Loopy is offline Find More Posts by Mr Loopy
Old 10-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Find More Posts by ampEater
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2006
484 Posts

Yup +1 for that, and if you are a Mode 2 flyer I can hook you up with a plane to fly also
ampEater is offline Find More Posts by ampEater
Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Flyin' Around
Victoria, BC Canada
Joined May 2006
21 Posts

Thanks for the info but Christchurch is a little far away for a day trip from Warkworth. I am hopeful that there is some flying activity on the North Island closer to where I have rented a cottage. Failing that I'll bring a foamy and fly where I can. I could also pick up a Trex electric and fly in a vacant field. Are there any hobby shops in Auckland or should I bring everything with me?

Brian
Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by NZ Scythe
Chch, New Zealand
Joined May 2006
254 Posts

check out www.rcbandit.co.nz, they are up in Auckland and stock most of the good stuff - there are clubs up there but I'm not familiar with them, I'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction - otherwise you can take a look at the NZMAA webpage (or http://nzmaa.org.nz/apps/clubs_list....n+North+Island for a list of clubs in the northern north island)

Have a good time in New Zealand!
NZ Scythe is offline Find More Posts by NZ Scythe
Old 10-26-2008, 03:47 AM
Find More Posts by spark007
Joined Oct 2008
1 Posts

North Shore MAC is the place to go, not too many heli guy's there though. Check out their website for their location. This has not been updated for a long time however,

http://www.acehobby.co.nz/ossb2/club...lub/index.html

Alternativly PMAC in South Auckland, 1.25 hr drive from Warkworth. This is where I fly (One of only 3 heli guys there), but sometimes the guys there are not very welcoming of new people. This seams to be changing in the last few years. Also has to share the feild with others so has restricted flying times/days, but close to home. Correct me if I'm wrong but was / is the biggest club in NZ.

http://www.pmac-rc.org/

Heli's in Auckland, Northen Helicopter Club. Almost all heli's, good place to fill the Heli fix

http://www.rcheliclub.co.nz/

Have fun when your here, all the best

Spark007
spark007 is offline Find More Posts by spark007
Old 10-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Flyin' Around
Victoria, BC Canada
Joined May 2006
21 Posts

Many thanks Scythe and 007. I'll check out all of the fields and contacts you listed. I'm a "fit in" sort of guy who flies everything - not as well as I used to but who cares if you're having fun. Departure time is coming up soon and with fall setting in here in Victoria I hope that spring is well established in NZ.

Quick Reply