Find More Posts by bigfoot0208
Flyin' Around
Baia Mare, Romania - Toronto, Canada
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
Discussion
Eq10 malfunction

Hi everybody !

I have a big problem with the compatibility of Eq10 and futaba S9157 servos. At first everything was ok but after about 2 hours of moving around, trimming and maching some (3) servos out of 6 that were connected to the eq10 started to move randomly. One of the servos is the most affected, you will see it in the video.
I have tryed to use a new eq10, increaseing the voltage on the turboreg from 5.1 to 6V, changeing the receiver from normal to fast but the problem persisted. I have also tryed to use a Jeti DC16 with R9 duplex receiver, same thing.
If the servo is connected directly to the receiver(Futaba 6014HS), with the receiver powered through the eq10, the servo moves smoothly.
Also, on the eq10, all servos seem to move very jittery, not as smooth as on the receiver.

In the video, the radio had the servo moving on all channels on.

Eq10 power box - malfunction (0 min 15 sec)

What can i do?

Thanks,
Camil
bigfoot0208 is offline Find More Posts by bigfoot0208
Last edited by bigfoot0208; 11-18-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
We have not had compatibility with S9157 servos and the Eq10 except for older units that had a small series resistor on the servo signal line. The older servos had 47 ohm and we found that Futaba did not terminate the signal line in the S9157 properly and this caused jittering issues. We changed our series resistor to 220 ohms about 2 years ago and that has solved the issue with the Eq10 since. I don't know the age of the Eq10s you have been trying to use. We have many people very happily using the S9157 with all our PowerExpanders and PowerSystems.

Also, at this time none of our systems are compatible with the high-rate update (7.5ms). The receivers should always be set on slow update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot0208 View Post
Hi everybody !

I have a big problem with the compatibility of Eq10 and futaba S9157 servos. At first everything was ok but after about 2 hours of moving around, trimming and maching some (3) servos out of 6 that were connected to the eq10 started to move randomly. One of the servos is the most affected, you will see it in the video.
I have tryed to use a new eq10, increaseing the voltage on the turboreg from 5.1 to 6V, changeing the receiver from normal to fast but the problem persisted. I have also tryed to use a Jeti DC16 with R9 duplex receiver, same thing.
If the servo is connected directly to the receiver(Futaba 6014HS), with the receiver powered through the eq10, the servo moves smoothly.
Also, on the eq10, all servos seem to move very jittery, not as smooth as on the receiver.

In the video, the radio had the servo moving on all channels on.

Eq10 power box malfunction

What can i do?

Thanks,
Camil
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Flyin' Around
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

It says REV B on the eq10 that I have.

I will change the resistor, and get back to you.

Camil
Old 11-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
I am not sure how you are going to change the resistors, there are 32 of them.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply!

It says REV B on the eq10 that I have.

I will change the resistor, and get back to you.

Camil
Site Sponsor
Old 11-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
So I have measured them, and all resistors are 220Ohm...
The eq10's were bought from Bill Hempel, along with two 60% Cub's, 3 months ago.

Camil
Old 11-21-2013, 06:14 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi,
I don't know what to say. Two cannot be bad. I have lots of the Eq10s flying S9157s. I guess we will have to work out a return and you will have to find another solution.

Quote:
So I have measured them, and all resistors are 220Ohm...
The eq10's were bought from Bill Hempel, along with two 60% Cub's, 3 months ago.

Camil
Site Sponsor

Quick Reply