Old 10-18-2018, 11:20 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
Rave
Seb Art USA

All,

I am in contact with Seba and we are working on getting the first container of Seb Art products to the US - I will be operating under the name "Seb Art USA".

The airframes slotted for the first container are:

Mythos 30E
Mythos 50E
Mythos 125E
Miss Wind
Prometheus 50E
Prometheus Mono 2M
Prometheus Bipe 2M
Mini Avanti (70mm, 80mm, 90mm)
Avanti XS

I have setup a Facebook page @SebArtUSA and will be putting together a website. If there are airframes/parts you would like to order, please send me an email. I am running a 25% off all pattern and 10% off all jets for customers willing to pre-order.

Stay tuned for updates!

Neil
@SebArtUSA via Facebook
sebartusa@gmail.com
443-961-7050
Neil4 is offline Find More Posts by Neil4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-20-2018, 12:33 AM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
Website is live! www.sebartusa.com

A couple notes:

- The online store, specifically the checkout process, is still being updated. To take advantage of the pre-order discounts, please continue emailing me so I can get you the discounted price

- Main payment method is Paypal. For those that do not have a Paypal account, there is an option to "Pay with Credit/Debit Card" within the Paypal landing page
Old 10-20-2018, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
I will not be getting another SeBa...
Great planes but parts support is non-existent. Simply cannot ever get critical parts in the US.

Do you plan on carrying parts or just full airframes?

Glad you are taking this on and wish you the best of luck. Hopeful your experience will be better than all their other previous attempts by SeBa to distribute in the US.
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 10-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Find More Posts by philorc
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Aug 2012
181 Posts
I have 2 of them. Nice planes. But parts would be nice. I want the fiat jet.
philorc is offline Find More Posts by philorc
Old 10-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
What happened to this:

http://www.jramericas.com/sebart/
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 10-20-2018, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
What happened to this:

...and before that, they were through Thunder Power.
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 10-20-2018, 05:35 PM
tec
Find More Posts by tec
tec
Team Horizon Team BVM
Winter Park, CO
Joined Mar 2006
1,242 Posts
I'm excited Neil has taken over SebArt, I think he'll do a great job supplying kits and parts! I've been flying my Avanti S for three years, it's a fantastic sports jet
tec is offline Find More Posts by tec
Old 10-20-2018, 06:48 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
Zeeb
United States, UT, St. George
Joined Feb 2006
5,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails View Post
...and before that, they were through Thunder Power.
Actually there was one more in between Thunder Power and JRA. He was an ex Horizon guy, located in Las Vegas and I cannot remember his name but it seems like it was Jason? Any way, nice guy, good service, good prices, stocked models and parts, looked like he was going to make it. Then his wife divorced him and it was all over.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old 10-20-2018, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Only Amateurs Measure First
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Apr 2016
1,389 Posts
When is the container going to hit the US?
Keith Cannon is offline Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Old 10-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails View Post
I will not be getting another SeBa...
Great planes but parts support is non-existent. Simply cannot ever get critical parts in the US.

Do you plan on carrying parts or just full airframes?

Glad you are taking this on and wish you the best of luck. Hopeful your experience will be better than all their other previous attempts by SeBa to distribute in the US.
I understand the frustration of not being able to get parts. I plan on stocking both airframes and parts. If there are parts you need, let me know and I'll get them on the first container

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
What happened to this:

JR America's is no longer carrying Seb Art airframes. Company is going in a different direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Cannon View Post
When is the container going to hit the US?
First container is scheduled for the middle of January 2019.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tec View Post
I'm excited Neil has taken over SebArt, I think he'll do a great job supplying kits and parts! I've been flying my Avanti S for three years, it's a fantastic sports jet
Thanks for the kind words Brian!
Old 10-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
To those potentially interested: I will be getting (2) PrometheuS 2M Bipes in the first container. If you are thinking about one, shoot me a message before it's too late!
Old 10-20-2018, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Only Amateurs Measure First
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Apr 2016
1,389 Posts
So few questions for anyone who knows about this elecric plane stuff. Trying to figure out all I need for this.

If I get the Mytho S 125e can I get a few suggestions:

1) What are good servos for a pattern plane like this. I only buy Futaba or Hitec, $150 price cap.

2) I would run 8s due to flying at high altitudes and would like to not push batteries so hard (pulling less amps). I see the Hacker A60-7XS is a suggested option. Are there any other good options? I hear the name Pleti a lot? Is there a comparable motor.

3) What about an ESC? Anything besides JETI, unless I can buy it from Europe Directly. Is the Castle Edge HV 80 a good reliable choice? Does it have braking?

4) Batteries: It looks like 8 cells 4500mah is the ticket. I would rather have a bit more than capacity than not enough. What are the current batteries that everyone is using for Pattern?

5) Charger? I have a 4x100 watt charger is that sufficient for these bigger batteries? I wont be able to charge at 1C but is .6C a fast enough charge? I also have to look and see if it can even charge 8s.

I am a complete newbie to electric (other than some smaller 3/4s park fliers so excuse the simple questions.
Keith Cannon is offline Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Old 10-20-2018, 09:37 PM
tec
Find More Posts by tec
tec
Team Horizon Team BVM
Winter Park, CO
Joined Mar 2006
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Actually there was one more in between Thunder Power and JRA. He was an ex Horizon guy, located in Las Vegas and I cannot remember his name but it seems like it was Jason? Any way, nice guy, good service, good prices, stocked models and parts, looked like he was going to make it. Then his wife divorced him and it was all over.
Jason Merkle

I purchased mine from him, super nice guy! He is back in IL working for Horizon.
tec is offline Find More Posts by tec
Last edited by tec; 10-20-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:26 AM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Cannon View Post
So few questions for anyone who knows about this elecric plane stuff. Trying to figure out all I need for this.

If I get the Mytho S 125e can I get a few suggestions:

1) What are good servos for a pattern plane like this. I only buy Futaba or Hitec, $150 price cap.

Go with Futaba BLS173's for the elevators, Futaba S9172's for the ailerons, Futaba BLS171 on the rudder

2) I would run 8s due to flying at high altitudes and would like to not push batteries so hard (pulling less amps). I see the Hacker A60-7XS is a suggested option. Are there any other good options? I hear the name Pleti a lot? Is there a comparable motor.

I highly recommend 8S on this airplane - it is nearly the size of a full 2M pattern plane. Hacker A60-7XS is a good choice - other alternatives are AJ Aircraft AJ5220-20P/330KV 8S, Dualsky, or Motrofly.

3) What about an ESC? Anything besides JETI, unless I can buy it from Europe Directly. Is the Castle Edge HV 80 a good reliable choice? Does it have braking?

Castle Edge HV 80, Edge 120HV or Talon 120HV are all good ESC's with braking. Make sure you have the Castle Link to adjust ESC settings as some of the Hacker 28 pole motors can be a bit finicky with Castle ESC's.

4) Batteries: It looks like 8 cells 4500mah is the ticket. I would rather have a bit more than capacity than not enough. What are the current batteries that everyone is using for Pattern?

8S 3800 - 4500 is perfect for the Mytho 125E. Most 2M pattern planes run 10S 5,000.

5) Charger? I have a 4x100 watt charger is that sufficient for these bigger batteries? I wont be able to charge at 1C but is .6C a fast enough charge? I also have to look and see if it can even charge 8s.

4 x 100 is what I have and it does the job. Sure, a 1,000+ watt charger will be faster but assuming you have a few sets of batteries you should always have something to fly. In terms of charging: I would do (2) 4S packs in series to make 8S rather than trying to buy 8S long packs. Most chargers can handle 4S so you should be good.

I am a complete newbie to electric (other than some smaller 3/4s park fliers so excuse the simple questions.
See my answers above in red. Feel free to reach out directly for any additional questions

Quick Reply