Old 10-24-2018, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by scottyb313
AJ Aircraft
United States, MI, Petersburg
Joined Sep 2013
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
Wait whaaaaaat.... We probably did the best live stream that was ever done and those videos are still avail to watch on YouTube.

I'm talking about flying giants you guys at tuscon and live feeds were awesome
scottyb313 is offline Find More Posts by scottyb313
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2018, 07:00 AM
Find More Posts by scottyb313
AJ Aircraft
United States, MI, Petersburg
Joined Sep 2013
518 Posts
Guys

I'm just talking about this fourm!!! the event and its coverage was fantastic!! I watched every live video and feed. I would never say anything about how the event was run or promoted. Top notch work at all levels.
Sorry if it came off any other way, I just looked for more from flying giants and this forum. Maybe I speaking out of turn, im sorry otherwise I mean it in no way other than constructive in the fact in the old days it would have been updated (The Fourm) daily with all kinds of great info. But no biggie cause I just shifted my views to the shootout web site for live feeds and live scoring updates, So awesome job!! for that. And thank you or putting on such a great event.
scottyb313 is offline Find More Posts by scottyb313
Old 10-24-2018, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by Mfight43
This is supposed to be FUN!
United States, CO, Brighton
Joined Mar 2016
173 Posts
I second that.... I was disappointed to see no real coverage on here after day 1.

I also watched all of the live feeds and really felt kinda like I was there myself! ( was going to go, but life interrupted).

But I do understand running a website is very time consuming if thats not your only job. (I've done it myself).
Mfight43 is offline Find More Posts by Mfight43
Last edited by Mfight43; 10-24-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Many years ago TAS threads would see many replies discussing the event....also more front page coverage.
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old 10-24-2018, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by orthobird
I used to hammer at 1500 feet
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Apr 2012
9,044 Posts
If you all recall, years and years ago, when FG was owned and operated by people who were actively involved in the hobby, they had way better coverage of events. IF you all recall, they even had FG reporters who would go to events, interview people, and then post videos using high end recording equipment. From what I understand, FG is no longer owned by the original founders. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression there was new ownership when all of a sudden, there was all this new off topic advertisements on the FG home page. Please forgive me if I do not mention names, as to be honest with you all, I do not know these people and have never met them in person, however, I am certain many of you know who I am referring to and I believe some of them still go to Joe Nall.
orthobird is offline Find More Posts by orthobird
Old 10-24-2018, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by Islandflyer
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2007
2,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthobird View Post
If you all recall, years and years ago, when FG was owned and operated by people who were actively involved in the hobby, they had way better coverage of events. IF you all recall, they even had FG reporters who would go to events, interview people, and then post videos using high end recording equipment. From what I understand, FG is no longer owned by the original founders. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression there was new ownership when all of a sudden, there was all this new off topic advertisements on the FG home page. Please forgive me if I do not mention names, as to be honest with you all, I do not know these people and have never met them in person, however, I am certain many of you know who I am referring to and I believe some of them still go to Joe Nall.

When I am not logged in, viewing as a guest, here is what I see (below).
Max Duncan originally created Flying Giants, sold to Jim Bourke (then owner of RC Groups) in 2008.
Last year, Jim Bourke sold both as explained in his own words here: https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=216639

Since then, things have not felt the same.
In all fairness, many different forums have lost active member who moved over to Facebook and other social media....

That being said, the we had a very successful TAS Freestyle competition, ending with all 3 PAU pilots in the top 4. Congratulations to Spencer Nordquist, Gabriel Altuz and Bryant Mack, respectively 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
It was very close, with Spencer 0.6 points out of first place.
Islandflyer is offline Find More Posts by Islandflyer
Old 12-15-2018, 04:33 AM
Find More Posts by acrorc_com
SPAIN
Joined Oct 2009
88 Posts
It was a pleasure to be able to judge in this great event!

Thanks for the organization and all pilots
acrorc_com is offline Find More Posts by acrorc_com
Old 12-15-2018, 04:36 AM
Find More Posts by acrorc_com
SPAIN
Joined Oct 2009
88 Posts
It was a pleasure to be able to judge in this great event!

Thanks for the organization and all pilots
acrorc_com is offline Find More Posts by acrorc_com

Quick Reply