DLE-61 with Bisson low dB pitts
Spectrum standard servos all around
Hitec 7954SH on the pull-pull rudder
Tru-turn (4"?) spinner
Xoar 23-8 CF
Spectrum 9110 receiver
Roto-flo (24 oz?) tank
Sullivan Skylite 4" aluminum hub wheels
A pair if 5-cell NiMH receiver/ignition batteries.

My very first impression of the plane was that it exceeded every expectation. A little nose heavy and no fine tuning and this plane was very precise and stress free to fly. Not nearly the most locked in plane I've flown, but damned near perfect.

It could be a bit lighter. I think even without the extra weight from the builder's choices removed (he even added a choke servo), this plane could shed a few ounces more. This is my first Hangar 9 plane, and I fully expected the structure to be solid at the expense of a slightly higher wing loading. This plane strikes a clean balance between the two.

I have had several issues with this plane over its 4 gallons of flight time it's given my, but very little to do with Hangar 9's product specifically.

My muffler shook itself loose a few flights in (this happens to a lot of DLE-61 owners). The cowl was damage because of that. Various screws and bolts have come loose in flight including an aileron linkage. The roto-flo tank's center pivot snapped in half. I discovered that while I had the tank out to remount the engine that had shaken itself loose from the firewall. It's also been on the receiving end of a few stray foamies veered off course during take off. Even a few of the robart hinges had to be reinforced with gorilla glue for coming loose in the wood.

And last week one of the main wheels took a shortcut down a few turns before final. With an uneventful 2-point (2-and-a-half point?) landing, she's now up on blocks waiting for a new wheel and axle to arrive from Tower.

My temporary flyer while I wait to replace the wheel is a 3DHS 91" Yak-55 on a DA-70.

Despite all the bad luck, this plane is strictly as solid as its first flight. None of these were failures from the ARF itself. In fact, it's a testament to the quality of the ARF that it's managed so well.

The new wheel arrives on Thursday. This weekend she'll be the first plane off the trailer and last to leave the field.
Sbrentson is offline Find More Posts by Sbrentson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-21-2016, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by akouzmit
14cc/21cc/33cc/36cc/40cc/60cc
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2013
623 Posts
I like my Inverza-62 as well and enjoying flying it for the second season with OS GT60 (Falcon CF 24x10) and KS canister muffler.
akouzmit is offline Find More Posts by akouzmit
Old 08-11-2016, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by wi53072
United States, WI, Pewaukee
Joined Jun 2011
187 Posts
Guys,

I am thinking about ordering a set of this planes wheel pants for a plane I can no longer get any for. The plane I am flying is a 1/3 scale and has 4-1/4 inch diameter wheels. Do you guys think the Inverza's wheel pants will work with that size wheel? My current wheel pants are about 11" long, 3.5" tall and about 2.75" wide.

Thanks in advance!

Paul
wi53072 is offline Find More Posts by wi53072
Old 08-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Find More Posts by thewooster
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2013
286 Posts
What you need is more in line with 100cc size wheel pants, Hangar 9 does have different size wheel pants on the market and relatively priced compared to other brands.
thewooster is offline Find More Posts by thewooster

Quick Reply