logo
Old 08-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by tony Builder
Joined Nov 2014
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbird View Post
Cuz some people like to 3d cubs, that's why, lol.
Well Mike Patey is building a carbon cub with a custom built 700hr engine, he will have unlimited vertical

TB
tony Builder is offline Find More Posts by tony Builder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-12-2019, 05:59 AM
Find More Posts by Derekg
Joined Jun 2019
2 Posts
Ground loops

Just a quick heads up, make sure the tail wheel bolt has enough thread to pass through the lock nut, mine came loose ( not off) and caused the cub to ground loop causing the landing gear to bend then break at the brazed joint where the axle carrier meets the tube. I intend to beef up both sides by replacing the lower end of the tube where it meets the axle carrier with 2mm thick walled tube of the same od as the original and then placing another piece of tubing over the join (12mm OD x 10mm ID). I hope this warning will help somebody prevent having the same repair to make.
Derekg is offline Find More Posts by Derekg
Old 09-12-2019, 06:10 AM
Find More Posts by Derekg
Joined Jun 2019
2 Posts
Engine cooling

Has anybody needed to cut away the black area on the cowling under the prop to increase cooling to the Evo62 engine, just wondering if it would help much as there doesn't seem like there is much air flow over the cylinder area of the engine
Derekg is offline Find More Posts by Derekg
Old 09-12-2019, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by 74Ranch
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Sep 2013
431 Posts
Also as an added note, in using the Saito 61 twin, did anyone have to cut any additional openings or baffles for cooling. looking to maiden it this weekend, weather permitting.
just doing some final checks.
Tom
74Ranch is offline Find More Posts by 74Ranch
Old 09-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Find More Posts by Ironfrog25
Joined Feb 2019
7 Posts
I saw a few pages back that a few people said that PR bush wheels may be starting up again. Has anyone heard if this is true? Was looking to get a set of tires, axles and springs for my x-cub.
Ironfrog25 is offline Find More Posts by Ironfrog25
Old 09-13-2019, 06:48 AM
Joined Sep 2013
431 Posts
Heard the same thing, but site is still the same. No indication of it starting up.
T
Old 09-13-2019, 07:47 AM
Find More Posts by Asif
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Sep 2008
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfrog25 View Post
I saw a few pages back that a few people said that PR bush wheels may be starting up again. Has anyone heard if this is true? Was looking to get a set of tires, axles and springs for my x-cub.

I got my PRbush wheels and shock absorbers 2 months ago. Took me a while to get my order as he was in the midst of setting things up.

Contact Taylor, [email protected]

Regards
Asif is offline Find More Posts by Asif
Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM
Joined Sep 2013
431 Posts
maiden flight

finally maiden the X-cub yesterday, would like to thank Frank Noll for his help and excellent skills, he got my flaps/elevator mix dialed in perfect, and Don for his help also with the plane. I got just a few questions for Ali, and those who run the Saito 61TS.
1- what is the normal temp range for this motor and do you have it baffled. I think I might richen the high end a bit. it seemed a little hot, although the engine never sagged at all.
2. do any of you have the half circle on the front of the cowl that has the black decal cut out for more airflow.
3. does anyone have the molded louvers in side of cowl cut out for greater exit airflow.
The motor started and ran like a Swiss sewing machine, and the sound was assume.
I can't wait to fly it again.
Thanks again to all who helped at the field.
Tom
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by rocket_33
Joined Jan 2012
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Ranch View Post
finally maiden the X-cub yesterday, would like to thank Frank Noll for his help and excellent skills, he got my flaps/elevator mix dialed in perfect, and Don for his help also with the plane. I got just a few questions for Ali, and those who run the Saito 61TS.
1- what is the normal temp range for this motor and do you have it baffled. I think I might richen the high end a bit. it seemed a little hot, although the engine never sagged at all.
2. do any of you have the half circle on the front of the cowl that has the black decal cut out for more airflow.
3. does anyone have the molded louvers in side of cowl cut out for greater exit airflow.
The motor started and ran like a Swiss sewing machine, and the sound was assume.
I can't wait to fly it again.
Thanks again to all who helped at the field.
Tom
Congrats on the maiden. I too finally got to maiden mine the other week and it flew outstanding. I was so worried about hitting within the CG range with adding the smoke system and the PR Bushwheels with the DA70 but everything turned out spot on. Took off straight and true, and a wide flight envelope. It flew and felt like a much lighter plane and handled basic aerobatics well and the smoke adds a nice touch

For me, at least, the DA70 is a good match; extra power when you need it, but throttle back and flies very smooth and helped me hit my CG mark given all the added equipment
rocket_33 is offline Find More Posts by rocket_33
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM
Find More Posts by grossy
Medowie, NSW, Australia
Joined Mar 2007
27 Posts
Must be the season for Maidens.
As, I maiden mine on Sunday. EME60AS up front. Dialled in the Flap/Elve mix and was very happy with it. It does fly like a Cub..... Bit mushy, but had lots of fun. Even pressed it into doing some Aero Towing toward the end of the day.
Only criticism, is the standard land gear. Very soft Ally. Had a bit of a cross wind and put a bit pressure on it and , it just bent. Mite look at putting some Carbon Fibre gear on it.

Cheers
Grossy
grossy is offline Find More Posts by grossy

Quick Reply