logo
Old 05-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by sthudson
Grants Pass, OR
Joined Sep 2007
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra pilot View Post
I just read a few comments about this issue, I know there are a ton of hole that need to be considered, but i don't have the time to look at all of them. The biggest hole I can see right now is the subjectivity to the degrees of offset, how's that going to work for a roller? I'm not thinking about me, but the other above me. How's going to man the end box to see if someone is outside of it, either in a maneuver or on a turn around maneuver? Don't you think that the time spent on this might be better served wondering about how the IMAC community gets more involvement and participation in its regions. If you have the time and energy to worry about the box, worry more about the loss of pilots of over the years, and how we get more! Otherwise this issue will be a mute point in the very near future. This is my $1.25 comment.

In regards to the topic; the proposal is for centering criteria only. It does not introduce a "box", so turn around maneuvers won't be effected. That said I'm not sure how I feel about it. I wouldn't mind centering criteria, but I'm afraid that opens the door to bringing back the aerobatic box which I'm very much against. I fly pattern as well with the "box" and it definitely forces you to fly further out. Not a good thing for IMAC with the larger airplanes.
My 2 cents

Scott
sthudson is offline Find More Posts by sthudson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-25-2019, 11:40 PM
Find More Posts by borealnw
life is good
United States, OR, Gresham
Joined Feb 2009
591 Posts
I can move down so at least we will have someone in basic.
borealnw is offline Find More Posts by borealnw
Old 05-26-2019, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by Rusty 73
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra pilot View Post
I just read a few comments about this issue, I know there are a ton of hole that need to be considered, but i don't have the time to look at all of them. The biggest hole I can see right now is the subjectivity to the degrees of offset, how's that going to work for a roller? I'm not thinking about me, but the other above me. How's going to man the end box to see if someone is outside of it, either in a maneuver or on a turn around maneuver? Don't you think that the time spent on this might be better served wondering about how the IMAC community gets more involvement and participation in its regions. If you have the time and energy to worry about the box, worry more about the loss of pilots of over the years, and how we get more! Otherwise this issue will be a mute point in the very near future. This is my $1.25 comment.

Well said . Imac should be concern with why pilots after years of participating are not flying in events anymore and are burnt out, than thinking about bring the box back into Imac. I guess then I should be flying pattern, they use this box method ?
We just had an event in Calgary with three basic pilots and two sportsman, shows you how the participation level up here . So instead of figuring out what box or format we should fly in Imac we should be VERY concerned about the future pilots be mentored by the pilot we have now . Or this whole Imac flying will just dissolve and disappear .
Rusty 73 is offline Find More Posts by Rusty 73
Last edited by Rusty 73; 06-24-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by R_adical
United States, MT, Garrison
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 73 View Post
Well said . Imac should be concern with why pilots after years of participating are not flying in events anymore and are burnt out, than thinking about bring the box back into Imac. I guess then I should be flying pattern, they use this box method ?
We just had an event in Calgary with three basic pilots and two sportsman, shows you how the participation level up here . So instead of figuring out what box or format we should fly in Imac we should VERY concerned about the future pilots be mentored by the pilot we have now . Or this whole Imac flying will just dissolve and disappear .
The place for this discussion is the iMac website because you are singing to the choir here
R_adical is offline Find More Posts by R_adical
Old 05-27-2019, 01:14 PM
Find More Posts by sthudson
Grants Pass, OR
Joined Sep 2007
644 Posts
The "Big Bob Memorial" is less than a week away in beautiful Southern Oregon. June 1st, and 2nd. The forecast is looking good! Hope to see some of you there.

Scott
sthudson is offline Find More Posts by sthudson
Old 05-27-2019, 06:48 PM
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_adical View Post
The place for this discussion is the iMac website because you are singing to the choir here
Rick my post isn't that much different than Gale post. So what's up
You are part of the NW region board ?

So I missed you here in Calgary but it seems funny you can't drive 7 1/2 hrs to Calgary but your willing to drive 14.5 hrs to Eagle Point in Oregon ...... what do you have a warrant out in Canada against you .....LOL

Doing stuff like this will keep the NW region fractured and not unified , plus it doesn't give us Canucks much incentive to drive into the heart of the NW ..

Ya, see you in Othello Rick better get practicing .
Old 05-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by R_adical
United States, MT, Garrison
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 73 View Post
Rick my post isn't that much different than Gale post. So what's up
You are part of the NW region board ?

So I missed you here in Calgary but it seems funny you can't drive 7 1/2 hrs to Calgary but your willing to drive 14.5 hrs to Eagle Point in Oregon ...... what do you have a warrant out in Canada against you .....LOL

Doing stuff like this will keep the NW region fractured and not unified , plus it doesn't give us Canucks much incentive to drive into the heart of the NW ..

Ya, see you in Othello Rick better get practicing .

I can only afford so much

and I was planning on coming up in August

Also my post was general not specifically at you so don;t attack

We all agree on your points but it is the national community that needs to hear it
Thats my point

ALSO I did not go to Oregon and I will not be going to Oregon I am just posting stuff on Facebook to help generate interest
R_adical is offline Find More Posts by R_adical
Old 05-28-2019, 02:31 PM
Find More Posts by Slats!
Joined Dec 2008
1,287 Posts
IMAC is dying because the hobby is dieing. Look at the clubs around Calgary. Cooked.

The box wont save it, the stupid novice tokin idea wont save it either.

The hobby has really become a waste of money especially if you live up north. $1000s invested and then you need a trailer or truck to move them around. Calgary you get 3 mths of decent flying. Snow until May bugs in June then snow in September lol.

What kid is going to stand around in a field all weekend to fly 5 times.

I am not sure what people are missing here. Just take a look at the American population and then how many IMAC members there are.

Then look at the drone chapters and how many members there are.

QUOTE=Rusty 73;2849563]Well said . Imac should be concern with why pilots after years of participating are not flying in events anymore and are burnt out, than thinking about bring the box back into Imac. I guess then I should be flying pattern, they use this box method ?
We just had an event in Calgary with three basic pilots and two sportsman, shows you how the participation level up here . So instead of figuring out what box or format we should fly in Imac we should VERY concerned about the future pilots be mentored by the pilot we have now . Or this whole Imac flying will just dissolve and disappear .[/QUOTE]
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Last edited by Slats!; 05-28-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:58 PM
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
721 Posts
Slats I guess your correct. The flying side is fading fast and only drone racing is taking offf .
Funny last night for the first time in decades I went back to the pylon forum to see what had changed in 25 years since I raced . Still is close too my heart , been trying this Imac stuff because I wanted to become me a more round pilot and it has really help . Also the guys in the SW region are great and genuine stand up kinda guys and get pilots who have a very welcoming attitude towards Imac and flying . Might plan to attend The shootout this October ����
Last edited by Rusty 73; 05-30-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by chymas
"Those Guys"
United States, WA
Joined Dec 2011
721 Posts
Looks like team Canada is going to be well represented in Othello! Somebody up there needs to find Brent and bring him with you, I'm hearing rumors that he has been playing hide and seek with big foot and we can't find either of them.

Please get signed up. Dave Villwock and Bill Burgad are buying up and cooking steaks for Saturday night. It would be good to have an idea of all who plan to be there.

We are going to miss Gale and his family this year but several in the group have got together to help put on the contest. It will be a bit different but the fun factor will be pegged.

This weekend June 7th through 9th is the first ever District 11 AMA Jamboree that is being held in Wenatchee. All the SIGs will be represented including IMAC. If you can, please come join us. I will be up all night Friday cooking brisket for lunch Saturday (about 100+ lbs). I hope to see you there.
chymas is offline Find More Posts by chymas
Old 06-05-2019, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by Fieldofdreams
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2019
1 Posts
So bare with me a little here. I’m just looking back into IMAC after many years of absence from the hobby and I’m just so surprised at what I’m seeing. I expected to see the Northwests IMAC scene I remember with 40 + amazing pilots at awesome events like the Pacific Coast Freestyle. But it’s looking like the sport has really faded in the last few years! What’s up? What happened? Is pattern more popular now?
Fieldofdreams is offline Find More Posts by Fieldofdreams
Old 06-05-2019, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
United States, WA, Newcastle
Joined Jul 2016
174 Posts
I'll be at the jamboree on Saturday. How is IMAC being represented?
FlyerAllan is offline Find More Posts by FlyerAllan
Old 06-06-2019, 08:35 AM
"Those Guys"
United States, WA
Joined Dec 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerAllan View Post
I'll be at the jamboree on Saturday. How is IMAC being represented?
Not sure yet. I will have an easy up...will figure out more when we get there.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:45 PM
Flyin low and Smooth
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2014
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chymas View Post
Looks like team Canada is going to be well represented in Othello! Somebody up there needs to find Brent and bring him with you, I'm hearing rumors that he has been playing hide and seek with big foot and we can't find either of them.

Please get signed up. Dave Villwock and Bill Burgad are buying up and cooking steaks for Saturday night. It would be good to have an idea of all who plan to be there.

We are going to miss Gale and his family this year but several in the group have got together to help put on the contest. It will be a bit different but the fun factor will be pegged.

This weekend June 7th through 9th is the first ever District 11 AMA Jamboree that is being held in Wenatchee. All the SIGs will be represented including IMAC. If you can, please come join us. I will be up all night Friday cooking brisket for lunch Saturday (about 100+ lbs). I hope to see you there.

Clark , Brent hasn't been seen at the field the only thing to lurk Brent to an event might be getting his DA 215 big block engine . .Lol

As for the rest of us Canucks only seen Gordon shredding the skies for practicing .

Will take part with the steak roast Saturday nite , Dave sign me up .

Now back to fixing and tightening things .
Old 06-06-2019, 11:14 PM
"Those Guys"
United States, WA
Joined Dec 2011
721 Posts
Ya, Gordon isn't going to leave much room for error and I haven't been practicing much....

Quick Reply