Find More Posts by wildhare
Suspended Account
Texas
Joined Jul 2006
1,487 Posts
Re: Wildhare Extra 300 Canopy

Let's get this straight.

I have no idea who sold the planes.

I have no organization, and I have no ex-employees. Wild Hare is just me and my wife, always has been that way. Any statement about discruntled ex-employees is a diversion, there are no such people.

Somebody in Australia or New Zealand figured out who made my planes and they thought they could make a buck by buying my planes with my name on them from my builder. They did this and caused me years of problems like these.

I would have sold this guy a canopy anyway if I had one, but I don't and I don't feel the need to go to all the work to get one made for him when he never bought anything from me. The plane is long since out of production. Follow on support is one of the things we try hard to give for our own customers, it's a lot of work for me (remember, no oganization, it's just me) and I spend my time on people who buy things from me, secondary sales are a lower priority.

So now if I've lost the whole New Zealand market because I won't supply parts that I don't have for counterfeit planes that I never had a part in, well, then I'll just have to suffer that loss.

TF
wildhare is offline Find More Posts by wildhare
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by NZ Scythe
Chch, New Zealand
Joined May 2006
254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhare View Post
Hey Everybody! Those are not Wild Hare planes. They are our design, bought from our (former) builder, but we at Wild Hare had no part in the transaction. In other words we got ripped off, our name and schemes were used without our permission. I'm sorry it happened but Wild Hare had no part in it.
Sorry for getting it wrong about your so called ex-employee - I was just basing that on your first post in which you talked about your (former) builder. I read that to be that you were employing him to manufacture your aircraft.. but apparently I am wrong??

I know this sort of discussion can be frustrating at times and often there is no easy way to put an end to a discussion - but to openly suggest you don't care if you loose the entire New Zealand market for the sake of one replacement canopy seems a little over the top!

If you had kindly explained the situation with the counterfit models and then told us that that particular model was no longer in production and you were unable to supply a canopy then we would have thanked you for your time and moved on - with no hard feelings. I am not sure that is the case now...

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can put my new DA-50 into?
NZ Scythe is offline Find More Posts by NZ Scythe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Find More Posts by Vic3D
Suspended Account
Puerto Rico, Caguas, Caguas
Joined Jan 2006
5,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Scythe View Post

Wildhare 50cc Extra 300.
Vic3D is offline Find More Posts by Vic3D
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 05-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by Stinker
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined May 2008
9 Posts

Quote:
… I have no organization, and I have no ex-employees. Wild Hare is just me and my wife, always has been that way. Any statement about disgruntled ex-employees is a diversion, there are no such people … I would have sold this guy a canopy anyway if I had one, but I don't ... The plane is long since out of production ...
I apologise if I got the wrong end of the stick, but my previous posts were made based on the information you had been supplying. As I said earlier, I can understand you being miffed about what happened to you, but you need to realise that not everyone in NZ and OZ knows you, your company, or what the circumstances are around these aircraft. You could make things a lot easier on yourself and others by simply making a short accurate statement of all the facts right at the start instead of having to go through all this nonsense to get it.

Quote:
…So now if I've lost the whole New Zealand market because I won't supply parts that I don't have for counterfeit planes that I never had a part in, well, then I'll just have to suffer that loss.
You wouldn’t be in a situation where you felt you needed to make this statement if you had been up front right from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Scythe View Post
A Piper Cub perhaps
Stinker is offline Find More Posts by Stinker
Old 05-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Find More Posts by Ayrtonsenna
Joined Jan 2007
5 Posts

Interesting.......

5/15/2008 818 AM Rc universe
"I will have some of those canopies in a week or so, if you can wait until then I can sell you one. But take this conversation off-line to email, it's not a subject for the support forum"

05-24-2008, 12:49 AM
"I would have sold this guy a canopy anyway if I had one" ???

Tells me he does......now he doest- I give up....good luck with your product Tom-

Ants
Ayrtonsenna is offline Find More Posts by Ayrtonsenna

Quick Reply