Old 02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Find More Posts by falconpilot
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
284 Posts
Re: Brand New Product - GEAR LEGS!!

Hey guys,

www.gearlegs.com - the orginal, tested airplane support solution!! Tried, tested, trusted, and trued!! Made of high quality, 1/8" STEEL that will last a lifetime, and NEVER fail you...

! To anwser a question Sleepy...tell me what airplane you've got with a curved gear, and I'll put a radius in the head to fit..at no charge..been doing this for my customers for several years now. I also supply extra parts and pieces if you need them. I can, have and will continue to provide my customer with the best customer service that can be provided.

My design is tested, proven, and reliable...has been for years now without a single failure...Are you going to trust your plane to less????There are no weak spots in my design...Adding the flaired out end on the head is a good idea as it will prevent the straps from slipping off, so I'll be added that into my design from this point on..

I don't send my products out of country or out of state to be built. They are built here in the good ol USA, by myself, in my shop using parts cut by my neighbor in his machine shop, just down the street...I could probably send them out of country, and cut the end price a little, but that's whats wrong with us today....I've donated my products as prizes at fly-ins for several years now, given them to youth, and sponcered top flyers..I'll continue to give back to the R/C community into the future as well..

To top it all off, competition is good for everyone...starting now, mention you are a Flying Giants member when you order your real Gear Legs, and the price will be $74.95 per set...

Thank you for your business over the past few years..Keep an eye out..I've got some exciting changes coming!!

Jim Fowler

www.gearlegs.com
jsfowler@catc.net
falconpilot is offline Find More Posts by falconpilot
Last edited by falconpilot; 02-15-2010 at 11:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Find More Posts by Josh Price
3DHS Trunk-Monkey
Arkansas
Joined May 2006
4,299 Posts

As many of you guys have seen I have several sets of gearlegs in my trailer and I do ALOT of traveling. I can honestly say I have never (knocking on wood) had any damage while on the road.
Thank you Jim.
WOW are you kidding. 75 bucks.. that crazy and awesome all at the same time. hehe.
Josh Price is offline Find More Posts by Josh Price
Old 02-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by jaguar bone
balsa, glue & gas
United States, FL, Winter Garden
Joined Jun 2006
3,038 Posts

jaguar bone is offline Find More Posts by jaguar bone
Last edited by jaguar bone; 02-16-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Find More Posts by classclown
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2006
2,200 Posts

classclown is offline Find More Posts by classclown
Last edited by classclown; 02-16-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Goodluck you guys!
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
284 Posts

First all, I was not trying to bashing anyone's product...I was asking legit questions that needed asked...I went though the design process, and know what is involved....granted, I shouldn't have use another screen name to ask the questions as that was sh*#$y on my part..For that, my apologies to you and all FG members.....I was only attemping to avoid any rackets...I've remained quite to this point, and don't want any rackets, but I'll say what I got to say on this matter and be done with it...

Til this post and remark by jaguar bone, I had managed to remain silent as someone else "borrowed"(trying to use nice words) my ideas and copied my design.

by jaguar bone
"One thing for certain- will still out perform any other product offered for this purpose with all the other unique adjustment features designed into our product.
You now have a better choice - if you believe you feel you never had a choice to begin with."

..I've managed to keep my mouth shut, and fingers off the key board..I bet my all my flying buddies are shocked it took this long to hear from me!!! I could still have managed to be quite if it wasn't for that last sentance above in your quote....Gear Legs is the orginal choice, a design and product that the R/C community has needed for years. I worked hard to provide a simple, bullet proof, and cost effective way to protect modelers high dollar equipment. I guess I took a little offense at the remark..took it a little personal..

To Mark..I'll not get dragged into a pis#^#$ match in public. It's bad for both our business. I'll not raise to the bait in the above post as I deserve every word of it for not just coming out and asking those questions instead of worrying what someone might think of my asking them...They were and are legit questions, of which you have anwsered.

My reducing my prices was a business decision. It inNO WAYshows unjustice of any sort to my past, present or future customers. By your presence in the market, I had to, as the old saying goes "crap or get off the pot: Thus, I commented and bought a VERY large quantiy of metal a bulk prices. By buying in the bulk quanity, I get quite a better price, thus I can and am passing thyat better price to my customers. I don't owe you any explaination, but I do owe one to my customers. Also, if you take the time to check, I believe that you'll see that I've been offering Flying Giant members a discount for several years now:0) I've also NEVER, not one time , increased my price...even when the price of metal went through the roof a couple of years ago..I've watched the prices of everything required to produce Gear Legs increase, but I've kept the prices the same as they were from the start. In order to do this, I've had to layoff an employee, thus I do all the work myself, when I'm not at my real job..I'm sure alot like you.... I know what it takes to build a business, so yes, I'm a little touchy over this issue.

Am I happy that you entered the market with a design that is..???? - "awfully close to mine" - No...I wish you guys had of at least changed my tail piece a little! But, I udnerstand that this is business, and in the end, the customer/consumers will be the ones that benefit from all this..

Jim Fowler
www.gearlegs.com
Last edited by falconpilot; 02-15-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Patterns Full!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Joined Jan 2006
284 Posts

classclown

I didn't flip out over someone knocking off my design..it was only a matter of time before someone else captialized on my idea and design..seems to be the business way today..anyways, I flipped out over the use of my business name, which as luck has it, is protected in this great country:0)

Your right..competition is good as it was brings about change..
Last edited by falconpilot; 02-15-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Find More Posts by classclown
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2006
2,200 Posts

classclown is offline Find More Posts by classclown
Last edited by classclown; 02-16-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Don't worry about it........
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old 02-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Find More Posts by olddog1956
Super Contributor
Joined Sep 2009
351 Posts

just my luck. made my own from strap hinges with little success... so far todate my 35% godfrey has got lose three times, the last time tearing up the sides of a 27% hager 9 extra i had for sale. i have had the straight gears on the little extra stay where you put it but the curved gear comes loose,, just finnished a 43% carden at over 6000 dollar investment i wont use my homemade junk,, anymore,, i don't care whos products you use just stating my exsperance which has been mostly bad'''
olddog1956 is offline Find More Posts by olddog1956
Old 02-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Find More Posts by jaguar bone
balsa, glue & gas
United States, FL, Winter Garden
Joined Jun 2006
3,038 Posts

Thank you Jim for the peace offering. I eagerly and gladly accept as this whole situation has caused unnecessary and distracting drama for everyone.
I hope we can shake hands with confidence if / when we meet at some fly-in as brothers in a great hobby, and mutually share in the fun it provides as a means for enjoying life first.
Thanks again for calling a truce.
Lets move forward.
jaguar bone is offline Find More Posts by jaguar bone
Last edited by jaguar bone; 02-16-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by Josh Price
3DHS Trunk-Monkey
Arkansas
Joined May 2006
4,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog1956 View Post
just my luck. made my own from strap hinges with little success... so far todate my 35% godfrey has got lose three times, the last time tearing up the sides of a 27% hager 9 extra i had for sale. i have had the straight gears on the little extra stay where you put it but the curved gear comes loose,, just finnished a 43% carden at over 6000 dollar investment i wont use my homemade junk,, anymore,, i don't care whos products you use just stating my exsperance which has been mostly bad'''

sorry to hear about all the bad luck...

I have had just the oppisite, I have been all over the place and love my set. heck when I go with buddies to events it is either we take my trailer or I mount my legs in their trailer, either way my planes are ALWAYS protected with them
Josh Price is offline Find More Posts by Josh Price
Old 06-12-2017, 06:08 AM
Find More Posts by orthobird
It is a matter of rate...
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Apr 2012
6,653 Posts
are these still available?
orthobird is online now Find More Posts by orthobird
Old 06-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Find More Posts by orthobird
It is a matter of rate...
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Apr 2012
6,653 Posts
As an update, the answer is, yes!

Here is the email i received:

Hi Cam,

Jim forwarded your email to me as I have taken over the Gear Legs operation. I do have units ready for shipping. Price is still $89.95 each at this time.

Please let me know what size and quantity you are interested in and I can get shipping cost. Please include your address.

Thanks,
Matt Owens
orthobird is online now Find More Posts by orthobird
Old 06-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by Flybye Steve
United States, MD, Parkton
Joined Jun 2008
834 Posts
Someone should invent a tool that would allow you to straighten aluminum landing gears ON THE
PLANE. This sounds like something that could be offered as a service by someone in a related business like "Gear Legs".
Flybye Steve is offline Find More Posts by Flybye Steve