Old 06-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Find More Posts by Kevin Y
JTEC RADIOWAVE
Mooresville, NC
Joined Jan 2006
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g257945 View Post
Thanks Kevin. I'll take the replacements however, I already have mine epoxied together but not attached to the formers. My point was to only notify you of the mismatch for correction on future kits and to know which plate has the correct offset. As a side note, I found a couple other areas that you might want to look at. It looks like F2 was reduced in thickness from 1/4" to 1/8" on the CS kit but the tabs on the L & R side plates still are cut for 1/4" and it leaves a gap to fill, I'll post a pic later to illustrate this. Lastly I found that the 6 slots cut in the top fuse plate that tab to the side plates are a bit snug and require some trimming to fit . I had one blow out before I discovered this. Again, nothing alarming just making you aware so you can make adjustments if needed.

Scott
Ok, so I looked at the files and it looks like the 1/8" firewall is the one that was incorrect. The 1/4" firewall should basically measure 1.54" from the center of the right engine mounting holes to the side (not including tab). Again, if you want I will gladly send you both firewall pieces if you would like or if you want to email me I can send you a template.

As for the F2 former I can't find anything that looks oversized so I may need you to send me a picture. I may have corrected it or may not be seeing in the files. I will also take a look at the fitment on the top plate. I try to make them really snug and exact fit but there is still some variance in the wood so I may need to back off the tolerances just a bit.

thanks for the info! While I hate finding out that I missed something in the files I do greatly appreciate it so we can continue to make the kits even better.
Kevin Y is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Y
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by g257945
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Oct 2014
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Y View Post
Ok, so I looked at the files and it looks like the 1/8" firewall is the one that was incorrect. The 1/4" firewall should basically measure 1.54" from the center of the right engine mounting holes to the side (not including tab). Again, if you want I will gladly send you both firewall pieces if you would like or if you want to email me I can send you a template.

As for the F2 former I can't find anything that looks oversized so I may need you to send me a picture. I may have corrected it or may not be seeing in the files. I will also take a look at the fitment on the top plate. I try to make them really snug and exact fit but there is still some variance in the wood so I may need to back off the tolerances just a bit.

thanks for the info!
No, don't bother with replacements, I can take those measurements and double check my 1/4" firewall locations. If everything looks okay I'll just clean up the holes using the 1/4" as the template, no worries. I will try to get a pic or two tonight of F2 fit.

Scott
g257945 is offline Find More Posts by g257945
Last edited by g257945; 06-19-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:57 PM
Joined Oct 2014
478 Posts
Kevin,

My mistake, its F3 not F2.

Scott
Old 06-19-2017, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Y
JTEC RADIOWAVE
Mooresville, NC
Joined Jan 2006
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g257945 View Post
Kevin,

My mistake, its F3 not F2.

Scott
Oh, we can't have that. Lets cut some new motor box sides that are the correct distance. The tank floor is the correct distance, it looks like when I switched from 1/4" to 1/8" I must have just moved the all the rear tabs and did not offset for the 1/8" correctly.
Kevin Y is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Y
Old 06-19-2017, 03:59 PM
Joined Oct 2014
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Y View Post
Oh, we can't have that. Lets cut some new motor box sides that are the correct distance. The tank floor is the correct distance, it looks like when I switched from 1/4" to 1/8" I must have just moved the all the rear tabs and did not offset for the 1/8" correctly.
If the tank floor is correct I can do some filling in. I already have F1 and MBSL epoxied together. Just wanted you to see it so if corrections need to be done for future kits you where covered sir!

Scott