Old 06-13-2017, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
Acworth GA
Joined Jan 2006
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGNewbie View Post
Is "one fuselage length" between figures found in the rules?
Yup. Been there Since January 1, 2011.
W
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Find More Posts by why_fly_high
100% EDGE Builder
United States, OK, Edmond
Joined Jan 2006
1,321 Posts
Quote:
Dangit! another advantage for big planes!
why_fly_high is offline Find More Posts by why_fly_high
Old 06-13-2017, 11:07 AM
Find More Posts by flybaby505
AmericanSpectre
United States, NC, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2006
590 Posts
Human factor

As I said Wayne, I wasn't trying to be controversial. I was simply adding my story among many. We all get wronged once in a while, comes with the territory of being human. The score is the perspective of the judge watching the maneuver, as you know. In most cases judges will be very close in scoring if educated on scoring. The rules are the rules, some people take interpretation a bit far at times. Thank goodness for the throw away rounds.

I find it interesting when one judge scores a 2 and two other judges score a 7. No, people are not perfect and to error is human.

I think the pattern/IMAC communities have come a long way in educating across the board.

We're good...

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmat7039 View Post
Yes, Bill..we do know each other better than that. The reason I asked is because I needed to understand how much time had elapsed since you were at our Judging Schools.

Now that I know, I can reply. Since you are up to date on the rules, we can then move forward with how other folks judge, and your experience with how you were judged.

I, myself have been judged wrongly, even up to two weeks ago in Unlimited. The Hammerhead in our class (on the up-line) has a 1 1/4 negative snap with a same direction 2x8 point roll. I performed a 1 1/2 neg. snap with a 1x8 same dir and another 1x8 opposite to get back to where I should be to do the pivot at the top.

CLEARLY, that was a zero.......there was no question.......And since I don't look on scores I did not know what the judges did. Only to find out afterwards that I was scored by both judges (both gave a 7). Fortunately, that particular sequence was dropped and did not affect the result of the contest.

So the point is...... regardless of what we KNOW as the correct criteria....... All judges are human and are prone to mistakes. This has been the ever recurring decimal throughout most competitions. When a computer does the cut off at timing in a race (I.e. Pylon racing.....Drag races etc) there is no human intervention....Hence, the results are what they are. In our case, complete with our own faults, we still have to accept what the human saw and comprehended.

That was why I asked the question, so that I would know that you knew the actual rules.I am sure that when you sit on the line to judge, the pilots will also respect your "human judgement."
Best regards,
Wayne
flybaby505 is offline Find More Posts by flybaby505
Last edited by flybaby505; 06-14-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Head in the clouds!
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2006
8,388 Posts
Quote:
yes.
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Old 06-13-2017, 11:59 AM
AmericanSpectre
Joined Jan 2006
590 Posts
True

Yes there are many differences between them.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres View Post
I may be understanding this incorrectly, but you mention that the deduction was taken at the exit (not familiar with a "10-15 rule though)
Is it possible that there was a deduction taken for the incorrect angle at the exit of the maneuver and then this incorrect angle was carried into the next maneuver (which starts after one fuselage length) and a new deduction was taken off of the next maneuver?
This would be correct

Remember.. while similar.. there are MANY differences from "pattern" rules to "IMAC" rules

Again "IMAC" or Scale Aerobatics does not use FAI rules.. so I wouldn't expect the judge to know those rules.
Last edited by flybaby505; 06-14-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by clivem
South Africa, KZN, Pietermaritzburg
Joined Nov 2009
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybaby505 View Post
Double jeopardy.

Not to sound controversial, but I have been down graded for missing an exit angle outside of the 10-15 degree rule .............

Bill
i am also not sure what you refer to by the 10-15 deg rule? please could you elaborate.
clivem is offline Find More Posts by clivem
Old 06-14-2017, 12:37 PM
AmericanSpectre
Joined Jan 2006
590 Posts
My bad, Never mind, after I read what I wrote, I realized I did not articulate what I was wanting to say correctly. I was mixing scenarios between IMAC and pattern, 1/2 points per 5 degree's -VS- full points for FAI with the one point per 15 degree's.

My apologies everyone.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem View Post
i am also not sure what you refer to by the 10-15 deg rule? please could you elaborate.