logo
Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 AM
Find More Posts by gbaggerly
Tampa FL
Joined May 2006
79 Posts
Announce
16th Annual Spring Classic

I want to welcome everyone to the 16th Annual Spring Classic at Bay City flyers field on the 14th and 15th of April 2011. We will be opening the field on 13th April for practice. Our club members will also be using the field that day.

Our field is on State owned property managed by SWIFTMUD and we must follow certain rules to maintain our privilege to fly on this magnificent piece of land.

When you reach our gate there will be a lock labeled IMAC with the combination of 0000. After you pass through that gate, you must close and relock the gate. If people do not know this combination, do not let them pass onto the property! The field is to be used only for flying members and our guests during the IMAC contest. On Saturday and Sunday there will be a club member manning the gate during certain hours, if no one is manning the gate then use the combination to open it and relock the gate.

Sandhill cranes that are on the field must not be disturbed. If they are on the runways, we cannot fly! We cannot chase the cranes off the field. All flying activities will come to a halt until the cranes leave. If you are flying, you must land away from the cranes not disturbing them.

No dogs or cats are allowed on the field even if they are on a leash or kept in your vehicle. No pets please!

No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the property and no weapons are allowed on the property.

Smokers must dispose of their cigarettes appropriately in containers, do not throw them on the ground.

Overflow of gasoline must be captured and not to be allowed to spill on the ground.

For trash, please use trash receptacles; please do not throw it on the ground.

We will be able to park trailers in the designated parking areas for two nights, Friday and Saturday. There will be two overnight campers in RVs to watch over the property and the trailers.

Our kitchen will be open on Saturday and Sunday, free lunch will be provided on Saturday for the pilots.

Please preregister online for the contest on the IMAC site, please check your registration, there're very few people who have gone to judging school, please make sure you check that box if you have gone to the IMAC judging school.

Pre-registration fee is $35, if you are not pre-registered, the fee will be $60. There will be sign in on Friday and early Saturday, please sign in before you fly on the field. The 16th Annual Spring Classic will have many contestants. We will have Pilots’ meeting at 0800 and start flying at 0830. There will be three flight lines up and running in the morning, everyone qualified to judge will be called on, thank you for your help in advance. I want to get in a minimum of three rounds on Saturday, four rounds would be preferable, that way he can just fly the unknowns on Sunday so can have people leave for home early, noon or one o'clock on Sunday.

Sunday will be the Unknowns, basic class will fly one sequence of knowns, and then the Freestyle contest to determine the Grand Champion. The 16th Annual Spring Classic Grand Champion can come for any class, but you must fly in the freestyle to be in the hunt. If you fly in the freestyle, I will need your music on an IPod, Droid, CD to hook up to our intercom system. See me on Friday or Saturday so we can check your music out. Looking forward to a good friendly competitive contest, if you have any questions, please contact me.

Greg Baggerly

My E-mail has changed to gbaggerly@gmail.com
gbaggerly is offline Find More Posts by gbaggerly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply